Story Cricket Game Strategies

Batting Tips for Cricket07 :

1) Do not try attacking shots from a new batsman just after a fall of wicket. It often causes a collapse.

2) On spinning tracks, when playing a
- leg spinner : 'cut behind the square' on back-foot is quite a safe and scoring shot.
- off spinner : 'glance off the hips' is quite effective for rotating strike.

3) When the ball is pitched at that 'teasing length', and is aimed at middle stump, a 'lofted straight drive' off back foot is a good option. But, DO NOT play this stroke when ball is aimed at off-stump.

4) I havn't used it much, but still, with a good batsman, when a leg glance (front foot) is played V.V.Early.. it scoops up in the air but much behind square.. so there isn't much risk... and you can easily get a comfortable 2.

5) A whack on the leg side off front foot is one of my favourite shots for the power-play overs.

6) Prefer back-foot cover drive instead of sqaure cut... as the latter has higher ratio of missing the ball even when timed as Ideal.

Bowling tips for EA Cricket 2007 :

1) Pitch the ball just short of good length... means neither at length of drive nor at the length of cut..

2) Just on or outside off-stump is the line to stick with. With bowlers like Pollock or Pathan.. pitch in line of stumps as they can swing the ball too much.. where as for bowlers like Ntini, who doesn't swing the ball as much.. pitch just a fraction outside off stump.

3) Test the pitch for bounce... aim your bouncers at the body line and pitch the ball as short as the game allows... bowl with full speed and see the batsman being hit on helmet. :D

4) If you successfully do the 3, and have bowler on full confidence... go for the yorker(special delivery).. pitch it on leg stump line... and the bluff marker as short as the game allows. (pitching it up would make it a low fultoss instead of a yorker)

5) Bowling 3~4 out-swingers followed by an in-swinger might get you a wicket ! Make sure the length is same as told in 1 and line as told in 2.

6) With spinners,
- I prefer -ve line bowling... and often do i use the arm ball !
- Selecting a spinning delivery and then not turning it (by keeping the amount of spin as minimum).. you might get a wicket.
- bowl way outside off stump.. but just in to be a legal delivery and not a 'wide ball' and then with no turn.. batsman usually plays for the spin which isnt there and gets beaten.

For Tests in ICC III, start your innings with the batsmen on 3 bars(normal) and bring the next batsmen in on normal too. There is no need to go any more aggressive unless you are chasing or want to set a high score early for some reason.

Batting in Cricket 07

In Test matches, one of the most effective way to score runs: the sweep shot. It is a very safe shot to play, and can get you between 1-2 runs everytime. By doing this, you can build the confidence of the batsman and start to play more risky strokes.

How do you hit a 6 in cricket 2007 on Computer? I have never hit a 6 before.

ICC - Never go on 8 thingies for batting agression. Always make 7 your maximum as it can get big runs without getting out as 8 tends to do.

Cricket 2007/BLIC 2007 - Play ICC instead. It mightn't be as interactive, but it's much, much better.

While bowling in C07 bowl for fast bowlers short ball aiming outside offstump or corridor of uncertainity.After bowling 3-4 ball like that send a full length ball outside offstump at the crease.The batsman plays a defensive shot most of the time on such deliveries in the line of the ball and there becomes a edge probability

EDIT-This works for Tests

Last edited:
In BLIC2005 when batting, watch the bowlers speed meter, as this will tell you how fast the delivery is going to be. Also watch the pitch point and get your batsman into a good position to hit through a gap, thus you must watch the field placings so you don't get caught. If you are playing a test and going for that big score, I advise to hit ground strokes instead of constantly going for sixes. Your batsman won't last long that way.
Bowling - I always press the "square" button and then R1 to swing it in. The batsman must think its going to go in the other direction and it usually results in them playing the ball onto their stumps or mis-timing the shot.
Another trick is to mix it up a bit. Put fast bowlers on for say 8 overs then bam put in a slow spinner. Usually gets them every time.

All this info is for PS2 users. Thanks! :-)

Users who are viewing this thread