Story Cricket Game Strategies

ideal timing in cricket 2007

is there a way or trick to get ideal timing for batting in cricket 2007 everytime i play without training in the nets?plz post tips for perfect timing.thx in advance:)

My batting tactics on all early ICC games in Tests and First Class matches are generally the same...batsmen start on 0 aggression when they first come in, move up to 1 when their settled rating reaches 2 bars, then 2 for aggression when the settled bar reaches 4, and so on until they move up to 4 for aggression when fully settled.

This usually works well, Saeed Anwar scored 4 or 5 hundreds in a test series v Australia with this method.

For tailenders (batsmen who average under 20) I start them on 0, move up to 1 when they are half settled, then 2 when fully settled.

As for bowling, my new tactics are 6 for aggression when a batsman first comes in, then down to 5 when his score reaches 5, then down to 4 when he reaches 15, then down to 3 when he reaches 30.

My new tactics involve NEVER changing line or length, I decided that my bowlers should just bowl a good line and length to be most effective (middle and off, normal length).

For pace bowlers I use the field with 4 players in the slips/gully region until a batsman's score reaches 10, then the balanced field with 2 slips and a man out in the deep point region after that. For spinners I use the balanced field with men out stopping boundaries, and a slip and 2 close catchers.

I put the bowling aggression up to 6, and bring in the field for pace bowlers, when a new day begins because the batsmen have to start their innings all over again with a settled rating of 0 when this happens, and I make a note of what their overnight score's were so I know when to change things.

In one day matches my bowling tactics are to use 2 for aggression until a batsman hits a boundary, then move down to 1 for the rest of his innings. I ALWAYS bowl outside off stump with the most defensive offside field.

For batting in limited overs matches I start my batsmen off on 3 for aggression, then move up by 1 for every 2 bars on their settled rating, until I reach 7. This usually results in a good score (240 to 280, sometimes 300) and very few collapses. I move up to 8 for aggression in the "slog" overs. I invented a formula for deciding when to hit out, it is...(Wickets in Hand x 2) - 2...for example, if I have 5 wickets in hand I will start slogging with 8 overs to go (5x2=10....10-2=8).

These tactics work for me, though I do lose sometimes.

Those tactics are almost set in stone now, so boring and predictable that you could program the AI to play for me so I don't have to sit there getting RSI clicking the mouse button. Bowling changes and team selections are the interesting part of the game where a bit of guess work is required.

In matches between two human controlled teams I use different tactics, but I have found the above tactics to be the best and most logical when it comes to defeating the AI.

Not sure how they work in ICC 3 yet, my results on that game so far have been very mixed, choosing Pakistan as my team and then playing my favourite players instead of the most effective players doesn't help.

in cricket 2007 when bowling with leg or offspinner in tests
have a short leg, silly mid off and silly point, bowl full at middle stump turn it a bit either way then they pop up to them fielders and with spinners against left handers, bowl around the wicket bowl a straight one (arm ball and whatever the leg spinners one is called) and bowl it full on offstump and he pops it up to short leg

Team management in Cricsim.. BCV.. are you thinkinh to play WPL in Cricsim

i've got a tip for ashes 09; bowling with a offspinner have a 4th slip in place bowl full and outside off, there should be plenty of catches coming towards 4th slip. for extra protection pack all your fielders on the offside 30-yard circle.

Users who are viewing this thread