Cricket Heroes- Screenshot on Pg 2 - An Advanced Cricket Video Game

Do you feel this 2D cricket simulation game is still exciting?

• Yes, cricket is cricket

Votes: 46 73.0%
  • No, thats boring

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters
Yes, the beta and the no time limit thing. But, after double-clicking a dialog appears saying cricket.exe has stopped working. I'm using vista 64-bit if it helps.

@User2010: Oooh, that might be it - I don't have 64bit Windows installed so I can't test it :/ Maybe one of the other uses has managed to get it running on 64bit?

I tried that in fact both - running as an admin and running it in compatibility mode for XP but no joy.

Hmm, I'm not sure then...I'll see if I can scrounge up something at home later. Might have to beg/borrow/steal a laptop with 64bit Windows on it :P

Batting is fine on normal. It's just seeing where it's going to land makes it a lot easier. Just made 102, but then they're now 44/5 off 12 overs :facepalm'

Flippers and top spinners just get too many wickets. MacGill has taken 6 wickets in the last 2 games, in 4 overs each game, all wickets coming off flippers and now Symonds has bowled 3 top spinners in 2 overs and has taken 2 wickets.

@hedger_14: Aaah, OK, that narrows it down bit. I'll check why that's the case.

EDIT: I remember now, I added a bias for when the player plays against the computer to make it easier to take wickets and prevent runs. I've toned that down a bit now so hopefully the computer will be more of a challenge...

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure then...I'll see if I can scrounge up something at home later. Might have to beg/borrow/steal a laptop with 64bit Windows on it :P

I'll be waiting. Looks like a good game going by what other members have been saying.

Yeah, you bowl spinners at the start and it's easy to keep it tight or bowl left arm paceman over the wicket to the right handers into the ribs to bowl heaps of dot balls. Then once you get past the 12 over mark, the batsman start to play the spinners better and then you bring back on the paceman and they can't score many runs. I had an easy win on the cards but they scored 44 runs between overs 11 and 15, then 24 in the 16th over off Symonds and they had it in the bag pretty much, with 13 runs needed from 4 overs but then I bowled Lee and Clark and they went for 1 in the first over before bowling 3 maidens in a row to win by 11 runs.

If you need any help in some PS work, I can do it. Modeling and all I'm a no no though.

@hedger_14: Nice breakdown there, I think it can be fixed...I'll send you an update as soon as I've sorted out the field editor. If you have time, do you mind sending me jpeg's of default fields you'd like to see? You can draw blobs in msPaint if you like...

@User2010: Have you done any small pixel art before?

Users who are viewing this thread