Cricket Heroes- Screenshot on Pg 2 - An Advanced Cricket Video Game

Do you feel this 2D cricket simulation game is still exciting?

• Yes, cricket is cricket

Votes: 46 73.0%
  • No, thats boring

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters
@hedger_14: That's the only change really - but it affects the batting quite fundamentally. Before, you'd have to lock your position in whereas, now, you can freely move around.

hmm, ok

A suggestion, make the normal game speed slightly slower (since slow is just too slow and normal is too fast) and a problem,

When playing on slow game speed, when batting with left handers, like all balls are down the legside.

@hedger_14: Aaah, OK, I found the bug - fixed now. What about making fast slower (1/2 between the current normal and fast), normal 10% slower and slow 25% faster?

Well it's tough to decide based on percentages but it sounds good. Fast sounds about the right speed, maybe just a little slower than what you think, and I'll rate the other 2 speeds once you post it with it.

Ok, played with the new speeds. The normal speed is fine, Fast maybe just an inch too fast and I didn't test the slow speed just then. Other comments, maybe have an option for when the bowling cursor comes up so maybe you can have one option to have it where it is now, then 2 options that give you more time, so for some people, it gives people help in batting.

With running, a lot of the time I can't run back if I've gone just too far down the pitch so that when the fielder puts off an excellent stop and throws it in, I can't go back and I get run out.

With bowling, again the batsman score too slowly. They only scored 135 in my match then and they were 6 down for like 50 at one stage and Swann scored 45* off 23, considering all they do is hit it to my fielders for the first half of the game.

And also, most of the times, I can't set my field (the option is greyed out most of the time) so I set my field at the start for powerplays but then once I have spinners on, I can't bring my slips fielders further up. I'd also suggest to have it so each bowler has a field set, which helps when you have one pace bowler and one spinner on cause then every over, you need to go change the field. And maybe have some default fields to choose from so I don't have to go create them myself.

Thanks for the feedback, hedger_14 :)

Ok, played with the new speeds. The normal speed is fine, Fast maybe just an inch too fast and I didn't test the slow speed just then. Other comments, maybe have an option for when the bowling cursor comes up so maybe you can have one option to have it where it is now, then 2 options that give you more time, so for some people, it gives people help in batting.

This *is* in the game already but it's determined by the level you're playing on. On easy, the target is always visible. On medium, the target is visible when the bowler starts to run in (I think). On hard, the target is only visible when the bowler is about to bowl. If it'll help batting I can change this though.

With running, a lot of the time I can't run back if I've gone just too far down the pitch so that when the fielder puts off an excellent stop and throws it in, I can't go back and I get run out.

Hmm, do you mean the batsman run back too slowly?

With bowling, again the batsman score too slowly. They only scored 135 in my match then and they were 6 down for like 50 at one stage and Swann scored 45* off 23, considering all they do is hit it to my fielders for the first half of the game.

The AI tries to play the situation accordingly - I have an idea that might help though. Will put it in the next update.

And also, most of the times, I can't set my field (the option is greyed out most of the time) so I set my field at the start for powerplays but then once I have spinners on, I can't bring my slips fielders further up. I'd also suggest to have it so each bowler has a field set, which helps when you have one pace bowler and one spinner on cause then every over, you need to go change the field. And maybe have some default fields to choose from so I don't have to go create them myself.

Aaaah, OK. I'll be honest - I haven't looked at the field editor in ages either. Are your slips placed waaay back for the spinners? Or are you trying to bring them in even closer? Good suggestion on the different field sets BTW. I'll implement that now after I've had a proper look at your comments.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Cheers
Kurt

This *is* in the game already but it's determined by the level you're playing on. On easy, the target is always visible. On medium, the target is visible when the bowler starts to run in (I think). On hard, the target is only visible when the bowler is about to bowl. If it'll help batting I can change this though.

Ok, cool. Didn't realise that. Is it possible to change difficulty in the middle of a game? Cause keeping it tight when bowling is too easy but batting is just too hard. I just can't be bothered playing the game again atm.

Hmm, do you mean the batsman run back too slowly?

No, they don't run back at all. Just continue running forward no matter how many times I press it.

Aaaah, OK. I'll be honest - I haven't looked at the field editor in ages either. Are your slips placed waaay back for the spinners? Or are you trying to bring them in even closer? Good suggestion on the different field sets BTW. I'll implement that now after I've had a proper look at your comments.

Yes, my slips are placed way back for the spinners cause they're placed in the same position for the pace bowlers (since spinners don't make a difference to field settings after bowling with pace). And I can't bring them in closer cause I can't open up the field editor.

And ok, maybe another 100 updates and you'll have a game that works well :p

But, I must say the game you made must have been really hard!!

@ Hedger- it was a bit too rude to say 100 more updates and game will be fine!!

Some tweaking here and there and this is going to be an awesome game

@Harshshah: Hehe, don't worry, hedger_14 was only joking :)

@hedger_14: It's going to take a while, but I'll get there eventually. Busy working on the field editor at the moment. Is there anything specific about the batting that you find difficult? Maybe we can find a compromise that makes it playable.

For some reason, I can't get it to work on my comp. It just says, xyz.exe stopped responding.

Users who are viewing this thread