Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@puddleduck: That's exactly what happens currently :) I haven't factored in mental strength yet though as I'm just approximating that with the bowler's skill level at the moment.

Yeah that's definitely not something you need to be worrying about anytime soon as bowler skill covers it fine :)

It should be like good bowlers could mostly execute the plan - like if you bowl an yorker with good good bowlers, it will be a yorker most of the times, but then you even risk it to be a full toss which would be a rare case with them though.(Maybe 85% yorkers and 15% full tosses). The scenario would be completely different when trying to bowl in death overs when opposition are going aggressive or in a pressure situation where even good bowlers struggle to bowl the perfect deliveries. Another factor may be experience, more the experience with a good bowler, higher the chance for them to deliver perfectly even in pressure conditions or during death overs. Maybe you could calculate experience on the basis of their no. of matches played? Cricinfo may be a good source.

While in the case of part timers, it'll be completely different. When you try to bowl a yorker with them, it'll be a full toss most of the times and could be the same for other deliveries.(Maybe 40% yorkers and 60% full tosses). Experience may help their skills go up and help them to bowl according to plan many times.

You may even adopt points system, with every bowler given some initial points according to their current form, experience and rating. Then the points will increase/decrease according to their performance in game, and their real performance won't be taken into account after that. The points will increase if they bowl good economical spells(only for limited overs though) or take wickets. The points will decrease if they give away too many runs(probably for all formats??) or go wicketless(especially highly rated bowlers). You may even notify it after their spell or at the end of the match.
Then this points system may even help for the points I have stated in this post.:D

So this combined with the idea I gave before, will absolutely make the bowling perfect and interesting.;)

The same thing may be done with the batsmen as well.

In pd's words, I am thinking out loud.:p

@Meet: The game implements a simplified version of what you mentioned :) The only thing that's not implemented is points - but everything else (form, economy, wickets, aggression, etc.) is taken into account.

----------

Hi guys, I added a poll to this thread regarding the next major feature - please note that either option will take a significant amount of time to implement fully.

I've downloaded the latest version and started playing test match, I played a couple of overs but had to leave so I saved my game. Now when I load the game I can bowl the first two overs but the game seems to crash on the second ball of the second over, with no error message just a standard Windows crash (cricket has stopped working, send error report etc). Also, and perhaps less seriously, the ball in test matches is white unless you save and load the game :p

Edit: I started a new game and the ball was red- strange. However I have realised that the to play a leg glance you have to play a back foot shot towards fine leg, and using the buttons assigned to the leg glance plays a pull. All of the shots seem very sluggish too (pulls and straight drives seem impossible to time), though that might be due to my processor and it seems if a batsman is not settled and you play a lofted shot it rarely goes into the air. I still can't review when I'm bowling either, and a useful addition would be to display reviews remaining.

Last edited:
@Mikew12345: Thanks for the report - can you PM me your saved game please? I'll debug it on my side.

I'll also take a look at the red ball issue; that's very strange. The settled-ness of the batsman shouldn't affect how much the ball gets lofted. That's determined more by the length, trajectory and how rash the batsman is playing. How settled you are plays a very small part in determining how well you've timed it though.

Are you playing the game on the laptop with the Intel GPU? I'm having lots of trouble optimizing it for that, but I'll keep at it.

Hmm, the review thing is strange as well - does the appeal meter ever pop up?

Last edited:
@Mikew12345: Thanks for the report - can you PM me your saved game please? I'll debug it on my side.

I'll also take a look at the red ball issue; that's very strange. The settled-ness of the batsman shouldn't affect how much the ball gets lofted. That's determined more by the length, trajectory and how rash the batsman is playing. How settled you are plays a very small part in determining how well you've timed it though.

Are you playing the game on the laptop with the Intel GPU? I'm having lots of trouble optimizing it for that, but I'll keep at it.

Hmm, the review thing is strange as well - does the appeal meter ever pop up?
The appeal meter pops up when it should but pressing I seems to do nothing, and I am playing on that laptop, so it is probably that and I'll get on the save thing. Cheers.

Hi all,

update v1.32 is now available!

Changelog

- fixed appeal system
- fixed shadow orientation (it was flipped horizontally)
- adopted pulse bowling system
- pulse grows and shrinks slower
- fixed batsman backing up (was too fast)
- fixed bug in LBW appeal for fulltoss
- fixed ball-body collisions

Cheers
Kurt

Ha every time I go to install the version I've downloaded I check here first and there's a new one. Excellent work dude, will test it after I've made some food :)

Hehe, no worries - I'm just trying to make the game more stable at the moment. Once that's done, I'll get cracking on the next big chunk of functionality (which looks like career mode at the moment :spy).

Hi all,

update v1.32 is now available!

Changelog

- fixed appeal system
- fixed shadow orientation (it was flipped horizontally)
- adopted pulse bowling system
- pulse grows and shrinks slower
- fixed batsman backing up (was too fast)
- fixed bug in LBW appeal for fulltoss
- fixed ball-body collisions

Cheers
Kurt

@kurtkz: Hmm... Can't find v1.32 on your downloads page. Is it the executable file or the zip file? Or maybe the version number hasn't been updated on the website?

Oops, yeah I just forgot to update the version number on the website :/ You can download the zip file though. Updating the webpage now...

@kurtkz: Game crashes after unlocking achievements in a T20 exhibition game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread