Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mikeyw12345: Cool, I sorted out the LBW issue this morning. I'll take a look at the rain issue too - it shouldn't rain out 2 sessions.

@kurtkz:
- The outfield (when there are rain interruptions) seems to slow the ball down too much (when a good stroke is played).
- There's a bug where the batsmen at the striker's end gets stumped even though the batsmen hasn't set off for a run.

Last edited:
@itay: Thanks, I'll fix the slow outfield issue :) Not quite sure I understand the 2nd one though? Did the batsman get stumped or did it look like he was bowled?

@itay: Thanks, I'll fix the slow outfield issue :) Not quite sure I understand the 2nd one though? Did the batsman get stumped or did it look like he was bowled?

The batsman got stumped after playing the ball to a fielder. Basically, the wicketkeeper stumps the batsman even though the batsman hasn't set off for a run.

EA's mistake in their games with wet outfields was that suddenly the ball didn't get off the square. Fair enough the ball can slow right up in the proper outfield, but with the ODI fielding circle, it is is pretty much all covered and as such the ball still goes just as fast off the bat :p

Alrighty - I sent off the request to Buko and they're going to do some new animations for me (2x appeals, 1x duck, 1x leave). I'm going to hold off on releasing another update until that's done, so expect v1.36 to be release on Friday. Possibly Saturday at the latest. In the meantime, as always, please log any bugs or suggestions here. I think I've covered all the bugs mentioned so far apart from the series mode achievements.

Hi all,

so these are the changes I've made so far:

- improved bowler-obstacle avoidance
- improved ball-pad collision
- fixed batsman backing up animation for unregistered users
- fixed defense animation timing
- tweak AI batting
- added ball trail to UDRS lbw referrals
- tweak real-time clock (should get 90 overs in a day in tests now)
- adjusted straight drive
- fixed bug where AI would run when the ball was just off the pitch, resulting in a run out
- fixed referal counts
- fixed bug where LBW would be given off a no-ball
- the ball slows down less closer to the square after rain
- batsman is no longer stumped when outside the crease and the fielder returns the ball to the keeper
- fixed defense hit range
- improved stump and bail models
- improved camera-ball tracking
- fixed frame skip (and speed of game)
- fixed replay bug where the bails would drop to the ground no matter what
- fixed bug where fielders would sometimes point away from the ball when fielding it

I'm still waiting on Buko to send me the updated models, so as soon as I have those I'll upload the next update. I also still need to fix the series achievements - I'll do that for the next version too.

Cheers
Kurt

PS - does anyone have decent stump textures?

Another quick question - what does everyone think of the shape of the ball being simulated as well? The more battered and bruised it gets the less it swings and seams? Waste of time or something worth trying?

EDIT: The ball age is already simulated to a certain extent, but this change would be visual as well as physics...

Last edited:
Another quick question - what does everyone think of the shape of the ball being simulated as well? The more battered and bruised it gets the less it swings and seams? Waste of time or something worth trying?

EDIT: The ball age is already simulated to a certain extent, but this change would be visual as well as physics...

If you could do it well, it would be great

Done (at least the visual part) :yes I need to balance it out now. Am I correct in saying that test match balls are generally harder than the ones used in ODIs? So, in theory, they'll disfigure slower than the latter?

The idea now is to add a screen that shows you the state of the ball (rotatable 3D zoomed in model) and allows you to appeal to the umpires to change it. Should this be a manual process or should a warning flash up on screen when the computer detects that the ball is out of shape? Perhaps it could do this on easy mode whereas the harder modes will require the player to manually check on the state. Any thoughts?

Done (at least the visual part) :yes I need to balance it out now. Am I correct in saying that test match balls are generally harder than the ones used in ODIs? So, in theory, they'll disfigure slower than the latter?

The idea now is to add a screen that shows you the state of the ball (rotatable 3D zoomed in model) and allows you to appeal to the umpires to change it. Should this be a manual process or should a warning flash up on screen when the computer detects that the ball is out of shape? Perhaps it could do this on easy mode whereas the harder modes will require the player to manually check on the state. Any thoughts?

Yes, ODIs balls deteriorate more quickly than test match balls. The ODI balls should also deteriorate in colour as the ball gets older (become a tad darker, see link below). Also, two white balls are used in each innings of an ODI match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:White_ball_2.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming my suspicions, itay128 :) Yup, the dual white balls are already implemented. It gets changed at over 34 (?). I also added discolouration this morning and it works a treat. I'm still just trying to balance it correctly though but it's getting there :)

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, itay128 :) Yup, the dual white balls are already implemented. It gets changed at over 34 (?). I also added discolouration this morning and it works a treat. I'm still just trying to balance it correctly though but it's getting there :)

Actually, a ball is used at each end now in ODIs (the rule changed last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread