Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kurtkz: Also in test matches and first class matches, there seems to be a shortage of overs per day (it should usually be 90 overs for test matches, 96 for first class/domestic matches and 98 overs if test match is significantly interrupted by rain). Seems that starting time on the 3rd day is significantly earlier than days 1 and 2.

Excellent spot! I'll fix that up too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game tries to make up for lost time (short overs). I think the simulated time in-game moves too quickly though. That should fix up the problem.

Last edited:
Okay, the LBW's are now given properly by the umpires however it seems far too easy to hit the pads, in line with the stumps. I played the first 2 innings of a test and 17 of the 20 wickets were LBW. It's not that they are given too generously, it's just that it is way too easy to hit the pads. I simply bowled full inswingers and was able to hit the pads plenty and get plumb LBW. I'm not sure how you could fix this, perhaps improving the defensive shot? On the plus side I haven't seen any crashes yet. A leave (and duck) button would be a nice feature too, it just makes me feel more confident having a button to press.

@Mikeyw12345: No crashes is fantastic news :) Were most of the LBWs from playing forward defensives or were the batsmen playing across the line? Hmm...yeah, I could do a leave shot. I'll see what Buko says.

It was probably a bit of a 50:50 mix of playing across the line and defending

Aaah, cool - the playing-across-the-line issue will be sorted out in the next release (testing it at the moment). I'll think up something to fix the defensive shot issue too...quick question - do you or anyone else on the forum have any reference animations/videos for leaving the ball/ducking? I can't seem to find any on youtube...

Just look up the Australian batsmen getting skittled during the 2005 Ashes. Clarke has a tendency to leave a few into off stump and there's plenty of bouncers ;)

I'm not sure I could beat that suggestion. I could watch Clarke lose his off stump a million times and not get bored.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's very curious - I'm not sure why it wouldn't unlock 200 in a T20 for you. I'll keep testing but I might only have an update ready by tomorrow.

I've just had an LBW given off a no-ball (in a first over that yielded 3 wickets- it seems the first 3 AI batsmen are really easy to get out). It also seems that bowling full pace inswingers are no balls very frequently. The opposition also had 2 unsuccessful reviews and then reviewed another.

Another crash now too (shame as it was going well):

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.WicketCaught(BallCollision bc)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
@Mikeyw12345: Thanks for the feedback - I'll get that sorted out for the next release. Was the catch that caused the crash referred by any chance?

EDIT: Oh - forgot to mention - the yorkers are probably turning into waist-high full tosses, hence the no balls. Try to vary your deliveries more. Having said that though, I'll adjust how quickly the bowler makes mistakes.

EDIT#2: Quick question - the 3 wickets that fell, do you remember how you got them?

Last edited:
I don't even remember seeing a catch before the crash, it just sort of froze, after the ball was bowled, and then crashed.

All three wickets were LBW, full and swinging in, I think two were referred (unsuccessfully) by the opposition.

I've just remembered something else too, I think I saw a rain delay. I was batting and as the ball was delivered, a screen came up, saying generating cloud textures and then it was stumps. This happened in the afternoon session, so it was definitely not the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread