Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops - clearly I've lost track of the rules :P I'll see if I can implement that change too...is that only for ODIs or for all short formats?

Oops - clearly I've lost track of the rules :P I'll see if I can implement that change too...is that only for ODIs or for all short formats?

The change definitely applies for 50-over cricket (internationally and domestically in Australia). I don't know if it applies domestically elsewhere or for 40 or 45 over cricket.

Cool - I'll add it for 50 overs matches for now...

Images of a ball that's 6 overs old:

discolour1.png

discolour11.png

Images of a ball that's 21 overs old (it's a bit damaged because Tamim Iqbal went crazy and hammered lots of 4s):

discolour21.png

discolour22.png

Please NOTE that it's definitely on a prototype at the moment - it's not meant to represent the final quality :P I'll post screenies of an older ball as soon as I have them.

Last edited:
Beach cricket bugs

@kurtkz:
- Batsmen are given LBW even though the LBW rule shouldn't apply to beach cricket.
- Even though two batsmen are retired after 4 overs, one of the batsmen who had been retired was still batting.

@itay: Thanks for the headsup - just fixed the lbw bug. Do you still have the commentary file for the match where the retired batsman was still batting?

@itay: Thanks for the headsup - just fixed the lbw bug. Do you still have the commentary file for the match where the retired batsman was still batting?

Yes.

Attachments

• New Zealand vs Australia - Beach - 6.54 PM.txt
    17 KB · Views: 12
OK - I have no idea when Buko will be done with the new animations so I'll probably upload the update tonight after testing. I'll include the ball deformation as it is...

Hi all,

v1.36 is now available.

Changelog:

- improved bowler-obstacle avoidance
- improved ball-pad collision
- fixed batsman backing up animation for unregistered users
- fixed defense animation timing
- tweak AI batting
- added ball trail to UDRS lbw referrals
- tweak real-time clock (should get 90 overs in a day in tests now)
- adjusted straight drive
- fixed bug where AI would run when the ball was just off the pitch, resulting in a run out
- fixed referal counts
- fixed bug where LBW would be given off a no-ball
- the ball slows down less closer to the square after rain
- batsman is no longer stumped when outside the crease and the fielder returns the ball to the keeper
- fixed defense hit range
- improved stump and bail models
- improved camera-ball tracking
- fixed frame skip (and speed of game)
- fixed replay bug where the bails would drop to the ground no matter what
- fixed bug where fielders would sometimes point away from the ball when fielding it
- ball now deforms over time when hit
- ball discolours over time when it hits the pitch
- fixed bug where LBWs are given in beach cricket
- fixed bug in beach cricket where the batsmen don't retire properly (only for human control)

Cheers!
Kurt

@kurtkz: The challenge mode doesn't work since it is "incompatible with this version of Cricket Heroes" (I think it's something to do with the player rosters).

Also, the game crashes when trying to go to net practice.

VERSION: 1.36

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.Read(StreamReader dat)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Read(StreamReader dat)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.LoadGame(String filename, Boolean test)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateNetPractice.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
@itay: Crap, thanks for the headsup - I changed the saved game format and forgot to update the challenges and net practice. I think I might also have an overthrow issue. I'll release another update soon-ish.

@Mikeyw: I'm still waiting on the changes from Buko (I emailed them again this morning) so the new animations aren't incorporated yet.

----------

Hi all,

seems like I've stuffed up this release quite badly - I'll try to release in the next hour or two if I can patch it up quickly enough.

Apologies
Kurt

@itay: Crap, thanks for the headsup - I changed the saved game format and forgot to update the challenges and net practice. I think I might also have an overthrow issue. I'll release another update soon-ish.

@Mikeyw: I'm still waiting on the changes from Buko (I emailed them again this morning) so the new animations aren't incorporated yet.

----------

Hi all,

seems like I've stuffed up this release quite badly - I'll try to release in the next hour or two if I can patch it up quickly enough.

Apologies
Kurt

Another crash log...
MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.IsoModel.Render(Single x, Single y, Single z, Camera2D camera, Single ms, List`1 lightPosition, List`1 lightColour, Boolean perspective)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Ball.Render(Single ratio, Int32 over, Player bowler, Camera2D camera)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Hi all,

update v1.37 is now available and should address the problems I introduced in the previous version.

Cheers
Kurt

PS I haven't uploaded the installer yet, but I'll do that tonight - the zip file is available though.

Last edited:
Quick note - the ball's condition will deteriorate (faster in ODIs than tests). This has a minor bearing on things like swing and seam, but I still need to balance it. You can check on the condition by navigating to Statistics -> Ball State. Once there, you can drag the ball around to rotate it.

You can't request a replacement just yet but I'll add that in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread