Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other bugs/suggestions

@kurtkz: Whoops, I forgot to mention these bugs as well:
- After saving the game before bowling the first ball of an over (after selecting a bowler), the game goes to the select new bowler screen instead of back to the gameplay.
- AI does not take the bowling powerplay (evident when looking at the manhattan chart), haven't seen whether the AI takes the batting powerplay either.
- Bowling side should take the new ball in a test match/first class match not the batting side (the "Take new ball" option appears in the pause menu when batting)

Suggestion:
- I think the spinning deliveries are spinning the wrong direction (i.e. right arm leg-spin should spin towards the off-side of a right-handed batsmen and right arm off-spin should spin towards the leg side of a right-handed batsmen)
- Ball shape looks good, except maybe the ball should be more scuffed up as the ball gets older rather than the ball getting out of shape too quickly (unless the ball happens to hit the boundary fences quite often).

Last edited:
Aaah, excellent spots - I'll try to fix all of those up before the release tonight.

QQ regarding the spinning deliveries - is that when you were bowling or the AI?

EDIT: the AI does take the bowling/batting powerplay but only under certain conditions. I'll see if I can relax those...

----------

Changes so far:

- AI is more likely to take batting/bowling powerplays (might need to tweak this more)
- ball gets scuffed up faster, out of shape slower
- fixed "Take New Ball" option
- added new batsman & bowler animations
- fixed bug causing fielders to drop catches

Things I'm looking at:

- save game issue
- team editor

Last edited:
Aaah, excellent spots - I'll try to fix all of those up before the release tonight.

QQ regarding the spinning deliveries - is that when you were bowling or the AI?

EDIT: the AI does take the bowling/batting powerplay but only under certain conditions. I'll see if I can relax those...

----------

Changes so far:

- AI is more likely to take batting/bowling powerplays (might need to tweak this more)

Things I'm looking at:

- save game issue
- team editor

Regarding the spinning deliveries, it occurs for both user and AI.
EDIT: Also regarding the powerplays, both batting and bowling powerplays are mandatory (so if it gets to the start of over 36 and one of the powerplays has not been taken, it should be enforced).

Last edited:
Hi all,

v1.39 is now available :)

- fixed lbws
- fixed save bug

Cheers!
Kurt

PS - press A+B to leave/duck under the ball...

@kurtkz: Crash happened while looking up records in series mode.

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStatePlayerRecords.CreateMenu()
at Cricket.Main.GameStatePlayerRecords.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

@itay: Do you remember what team and records section you were trying to look at?

It was showing the records for all (two) teams and when I clicked the right arrow (to see the records) for one team, the game crashed.

Also, the bowling marker (when choosing where to bowl the ball) doesn't pulse properly after the first match of a series/tournament.

@kurtkz: Just adding on to the bowling marker issue, it only occurs for pace bowlers only (pulsing marker is fine for spinners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread