Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, that's a weird one...cool, thanks for the headsup. That should make testing easier.

Any thoughts on the ball deformation and colouration? Too fast? Too slow?

Oooh, that's a weird one...cool, thanks for the headsup. That should make testing easier.

Any thoughts on the ball deformation and colouration? Too fast? Too slow?

Ball deformation and colouration is fine, though maybe a few people might not be able to see the black 'scuff' marks due to the colour of the ball (maybe the colour of the seam should change as the ball gets older perhaps?). Only problem is that the ball damage meter after 40 odd overs is still 0% (in a test match) after hitting about 15-20 boundaries.

Hi all,

v1.40 is now available. This is just a minor patch :)

Changelog

- fixed crash when playing knockouts of a tournament
- fixed crash when browsing player statistics in series/tournament
- seam discolours now as well
- test match balls deform a little quicker

Known Issues

- I can't reproduce the bowling marker not pulsing :(

Cheers
Kurt

Hi all,

I'm almost done with the editor...it should be fairly easy to use to edit the players, teams and grounds. I'll probably be done sometime this weekend.

Cheers
K

Hi all,

here's a *very rough* alpha version of the integrated editor. Just unzip it into your CH folder and it should work. In this release, you can create/edit teams and players. You can't edit grounds yet though.

NOTE: this is probably not the most stable of apps, but it should work...if you're worried about your data, back up your Data folder before using this tool.

Cheers
Kurt

@kurtkz: Here's the screenshots of the pulsing marker issue (this is the 2nd test match of a series)... occurs for both selecting the approach and position of the ball (the marker does not pulse).

EDIT: Wicketkeeper seems to be dropping catches even though the A button is pressed to appeal.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
@itay: Do you by any chance have a saved game of your series where this occurs? Also, does the keeper physically drop the ball or does the umpire give it not out?

@itay: Do you by any chance have a saved game of your series where this occurs? Also, does the keeper physically drop the ball or does the umpire give it not out?

Yes, I do happen to have a saved game of that series. When appealing, the umpire gives it not out.

Kurtz well done the game really has improved alot.

(1.40)I have encountered the following issues:

> My bowler model seems to be missing as all I get is a black shade bowling.(Will send a screenshot later)
> Random crashes when bowling in all formats except during beach cricket.
> Fielders do not take outfield catches

@itay: Can you PM me the saved game please? Also, the catches - were they clear edges? As in the ball deviates quite visibly?

The edges were quite clearly going straight to the wicketkeeper.

@itay: Aaah bugger - I'll take a look at that again...

@Eugene: Thanks, a kind word is always appreciated :) I'll fix up the outfield catches for the next release. Wrt the missing graphics - are you playing in 3D mode or 2D mode? Is the model always missing or only sometimes? Also, do the bowling crashes happen randomly or is it after a certain event?

Apologies for all the questions, but this'll help me narrow down my search...

Very happy there's an editor here. Just downloaded the game and the editor. I simmed one match (T20). I want to know how much time does it normally take for simming one match. It took me a long time. But, as I've been saying you again and again, I love the sim results. So very good.

@User: Hmm, on my slow laptop (1.3Ghz SU7300) it takes around 30s - 1min. I'll try to speed it up a bit for the next release. Can you think of anything else that needs to be simulated and viewed as stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread