Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pat: I'll double check the Cone issue - it should be there, but I probably missed it during testing.

3D mode is on my to-do list, but it's not very high up on my list of priorities at the moment. It should be quite easy to add a proper 3D camera, but I'll need to investigate it first.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

@User2010: Any chance you could give me a list of events you'd like commentary for? Currently I only have 4:

- 100 or multiple thereof
- 4 wicket haul
- 5 wicket haul

Cheers
K

- Match result
- Hattrick (Very rare? :p)
- Bowler's spell (10 overs, that is)

These are some of the events that come to mind as of now.

- Partnership records
- No. of boundaries reach 10, 20 or something along that lines in an innings for a player or a team
- 6 Sixers (Assuming they occur :p)

Will post more if they occur in my mind.

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming. I'll add those events tonight, make the graphs brighter and hopefully release another patch later.

sorry for my last feedback that i forgot to say please i was so excited :noway anyways great update :D:thumbs

Hi all,

it's been quite a busy day - patch v1.61 is now available. Changelog:

- fixed pace bowlers speed range
- added more events (hat-tricks, four-in-four, partnership 50's/100's, end of spell, etc.)
- fixed pitch condition commentary
- fixed brightness of exported graphs
- cone batting mode now works in net practice

Cheers!
K

Code:
RUN @ 10-Jul-12 2:01:29 PM

VERSION: 1.61
PROFILE: User2010

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetEventCommentary(BallStatistics ball, GameInstance instance)
   at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Error. Nothing changed from the previous version on my part. Just replaced the exe and commentary file from this patch. Exhibition, ODI.

Wait, I saw I hadn't replaced the commentary file from the patch. That was the problem. It works fine now.

That's very odd - mine was crashing (it was a legitimate bug). Either way it's been fixed now and there'll be a few more updates in the next hour:

- added more events to commentary (3-6 fours in a row, 3-6 sixes in a row)
- refactored commentary to look more like Cricinfo's
- added more commentary phrases
- re-enabled speed settings
- added slider for pitch variations in the Gameplay options menu

If you or anyone else has some more ideas, let me know I'll push them through ASAP.

Superb! :clap

Just simmed a match, the graphs are now perfect. Commentary is getting better. Still minor issues where the wicket falls though such as 'He played it without any fuss, In the air caught by #' and the typical - 'Defends, in the air.. caught' bug. But, that's all fine. Once you release another update, I'll read into the commentary and look to add/modify some of the phases.

You're still missing the match result commentary though. :)

Thanks - yeah, I still need to sort out those commentary issues :/ What were you thinking ito match result commentary? Can you send me a short example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread