Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Leg-side shots played across the line, early in your inning are likely to be slightly aerial. I'll take a look at the back-foot lofted shots again, but I think the ball needs to be short enough to loft (although it could be a bug).
I played a lot of back-foot shots on the leg-side, but even the ones played by Shane Watson (who was playing at ~100+ runs) ended up going in the air. Also, he could not hit a single ball in the air on the off-side. It's possibly a bug I feel.

5. Hmm...that's a tricky one. How fast were you scoring? If it wasn't particularly fast the AI might've decided it wasn't worth it putting fielders
out...
I had made around ~200 runs in 33-34 overs. Even if not, I think the field should be changed at least when spinners are bowling. In this case, all bowlers (including spin) were bowling with a deep third-man and a fine-leg. And the field never changed.

9. Steer to 3rd man should be Up+Left+Front foot, Sweep should be Up+Right+Front and Back-foot Flick should be Right+Front (this is for a right-handed batsman)
Will try this out. Also, would it be possible to allow adjusting bowler's line and length while batting in nets?

11. I agree, the bars needed to be changed a looong time ago. Just never got around to it. Should they stay as bars or can you think of some other way to display them?
They can stay as bars, I think they should have consistent colors (green when full, red when low and so on) and a text displaying value/percentage.

I also like how the bars are done in Ashes Cricket 2009/International Cricket 2010. Basically, there is a floating bar above the batsmen (striker, non-striker and even bowlers) which shows their Name, Concentration, Stamina and other bars inside the floating bar. Not sure how feasible it is to implement something similar here, but I like that implementation. It also helps in identifying easily which batsman is on strike and who is bowling.

@sighb: Glad to help :)

@Pat: I'll see if I can fix the issues you mentioned quickly. Do you by any chance have a screenshot of AC09 with the floating bars?

@sighb: Glad to help :)

@Pat: I'll see if I can fix the issues you mentioned quickly. Do you by any chance have a screenshot of AC09 with the floating bars?

I found one online
ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The bars stay on screen till the time bowler starts his run-up.

Let me know if you need a higher-resolution screenshot, I will pull it out from my PC.

Just a quick update - some example match summaries generated by the commentary engine:

"That's the end of the game and South Africa wrap up a massive victory winning by 6 wickets. Sri Lanka was never in the game but that is more down to South Africa's excellent performance than it was the former's poor effort. The pitch was a bowler's graveyard and did not offer much assistance in the way of spin. These two teams were fairly evenly matched so it was tough to predict the outcome. That being said South Africa proved to be the stronger in the end and snatched victory."

"And so the game draws to a tame conclusion with India claiming an impressive victory by 4 wickets. A solid, if unspectacular performance there by India and they will no doubt want to build on the foundation laid today. The pitch was a bowler's graveyard and did not offer much assistance in the way of spin. Bangladesh really were on a hiding to nothing. They were never expected to win today against India and that's exactly how it played out."

@Pat: Thanks that's perfect - I think I'll poach it :)

@kurtkz: Thanks for being so pro-active and communicative. I just pre-ordered the game through PayFast. :cheers

@Pat: Thanks! Every pre-order helps :) I might not finish up all the changes tonight but I'll definitely put out a release tomorrow at the latest.

No worries. Take your time. Just follow your usual dev-schedule. Pre-order is just a gesture of support for such a wonderful dev.

No worries. Take your time. Just follow your usual dev-schedule. Pre-order is just a gesture of support for such a wonderful dev.

This. I wish I had the time to actually playtest as well!

Hey just one question how to install patches?

Cool thanks will try out the latest patch. Thats .61 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread