Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This patch thing is good cause we dont have re enter the serial number again and again :)

----------

Hey downloaded the v57 and patch 61 and its showing me invalid serial number :( Rechecked 10 times

----------

Code:
RUN @ 7/11/2012 1:42:20 AM

VERSION: 1.61
PROFILE: Parth

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetEventCommentary(BallStatistics ball, GameInstance instance)
   at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateBoundary.ProcessInput(Single ms)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Match format - Hong Kong Sixes
Teams - Ireland vs Afghanistan
Batting - User - Afghanistan

Aaah, yes, that's a bug that I introduced in patch v1.61 :/ It'll be fixed in the next update that'll hopefully be released tomorrow. If you want to play the game in the meantime, just extract v1.57 and don't apply the patch. Apologies for the inconvenience :/

No problem buddy :)

Hi all,

patch v1.62 is now available for download.

Changelog:

- new HUD
- HUD can be toggled on and off
- timing bar can be toggled on and off
- enabled varying game speeds
- slider toggle for pitch variations
- fixed bug when playing lofted shots (front + back foot)
- tweaked back foot lofted shots
- fixed some wonky commentary
- update commentary events
- added first version of match summary commentary
- added extra buttons to net practice for setting lines and lengths

To-Do:

- add icons for new buttons in net practice (in the meantime, just mouse over them to see what they do)

As always, any bug reports or suggestions are always welcome :)

Cheers
K

Hi all,

patch v1.62 is now available for download.

Changelog:

- new HUD
- HUD can be toggled on and off
- timing bar can be toggled on and off
- enabled varying game speeds
- slider toggle for pitch variations
- fixed bug when playing lofted shots (front + back foot)
- tweaked back foot lofted shots
- fixed some wonky commentary
- update commentary events
- added first version of match summary commentary
- added extra buttons to net practice for setting lines and lengths

To-Do:

- add icons for new buttons in net practice (in the meantime, just mouse over them to see what they do)

As always, any bug reports or suggestions are always welcome :)

Cheers
K

One question about the variation setting... is that to do with the pitch conditions in-game (i.e. seam, swing, spin etc.)?

Woah, awesome update! I think it should have been numbered 1.7 :p Will give it a shot soon. Great work :clap

@kurtkz: Just got this crash log (playing as the batting side, batsmen was lbw I think)

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetFieldingCommentary(Int32 runs, String sshot, Boolean hit, String aux, Boolean edged)
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)

@itay128: Yup, the game applies variations to the pitch conditions for each match. For T20, beach cricket and HK6s the pitches will tend to flatten out. Test matches mostly remain untouched, while ODI's can go either way.

The slider just makes it easier for guys who are doing simulations and using custom databases.

@Pat: Thanks, but give it a spin first before singing my praises :P

----------

@itay: Crud, thanks - I'll fix that up in a bit and upload a new update.

@itay128: Yup, the game applies variations to the pitch conditions for each match. For T20, beach cricket and HK6s the pitches will tend to flatten out. Test matches mostly remain untouched, while ODI's can go either way.

The slider just makes it easier for guys who are doing simulations and using custom databases.

@Pat: Thanks, but give it a spin first before singing my praises :P

----------

@itay: Crud, thanks - I'll fix that up in a bit and upload a new update.

And another one (this time from overthrows)

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetFieldingCommentary(Int32 runs, String sshot, Boolean hit, String aux, Boolean edged)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateBoundary.ProcessInput(Single ms)

Just simmed a couple of matches and as usual, great improvement. Commentary is now probably the best we could get. Those weird phrases are almost non existent. One or two here and there, that's it. Love the new style as well. Thanks again!

Btw, did you change those speeds for Fast Medium and Medium Fast? Who is more fast of the two? I still get speeds of less than 130 with Fast Medium.

@User2010: Thanks :) There's not enough diversity in the commentary just yet, though. But I'll continue to add phrases.

Bowling speeds are as follows:

Fast: 120 -> 150

Medium Fast: 110 -> 140

FastMedium: 100 -> 130

Medium: 90 -> 120

Spinner: 70 -> 90

Cheers
K

Ah, thanks. Time to change Fast Medium to Medium Fast then.

One more thing, I saw that variation thing, can you please explain me a bit of it? Also, will it be there when I create a custom tournament and sim matches from there?

No problem -

the pitch variation slider determines how much the generated conditions can vary from the ones you specify in the editor. The variations are currently skewed depending on the match format:

T20/Slog/Beach/HK6 - pitches tend to be flat and bouncy
ODI - pitches tend to be flatter but there will still be swing/seam and spin
Tests - pitches can go either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread