Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played for around 10-15 mins with the new update. It is definitely a big improvement over earlier ones.

I got a crash on couple of occasions with the following message:
RUN @ 7/11/2012 1:43:13 PM

VERSION: 1.62
PROFILE: Pat

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetFieldingCommentary(Int32 runs, String sshot, Boolean hit, String aux, Boolean edged)
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)
Also, Email functionality on Error dialog seems to be broken.

As far as the update is concerned, most of the issues I had earlier reported have been fixed.

1. Lofted-shots seem to be fixed.
2. Bowler lengths are now more varied (though it feels they have stopped bowling short altogether in the 5-6 overs I played :P)
3. The new HUD looks absolutely awesome. Timing-bar is also a welcome addition.
4. I was able to pierce the infield on the off-side a couple of times and it feels very satisfying.
5. Overall, the game feels more enjoyable.

I will post more impressions later.

One thing I wanted to point out (not related to this update) is that because of the camera angle it is kind-of hard to figure what is good length and what length is short and consequently, difficult to figure whether to use front or back-foots.

How feasible it is to display the right foot to be used on every delivery? (next to the timing-bar probably). So that, in case we miss a shot or mistime it, we can come to know if we used the wrong foot. Also, I noticed that in case a batsman misses a shot, timing-bar does not show anything. I think timing-bar should still show if the batsman played too early or too late which resulted in him missing the shot. Both of this are present in Ashes Cricket and could be welcome additions here. But finally it's your call to decide if we they provide any value-add :)

Last edited:
@Pat: Sorry about that crash - I'll send you a PM in a minute :)

Cool, I'll make the timing bar show on play-and-misses too. If it's a short ball...what do you think of an exclamation mark popping up above the batsman's head?

If it's a short ball...what do you think of an exclamation mark popping up above the batsman's head?
Yep, that would be awesome. But I would suggest making that toggle-able too so that people wanting a more challenging experience can turn it off. Thanks.

Is the key you shared good for only 1 installation? I installed 1.57 on my PC yesterday and registered using the key. Today on my laptop with 1.61 update it does not seem to accept the key. Is it possible to provide copy-paste in serial-key box in the game ? :P

Yup, I'll make it toggleable :)

The key should work fine - you can copy the key and paste it in the box by right-clicking on it. Let me know if it still doesn't work...

It should accept the same key. Make sure you press enter after typing the key and then press register.

It should accept the same key. Make sure you press enter after typing the key and then press register.

Confirmed. I had to press Enter after entering the key and then it accepted.

@Kurtkz: I think you might be aware of this one, but I found another bug. When a run-out has occurred, the person who is running towards the end where run-out has happened is given out, even if the batsmen have not crossed-over.

@kurtkz: The AI when bowling seems to give away a lot of waist high no balls (especially the pace bowlers)

Just tried out the game. Loving it.. Great job kurtkz.
One question : Where do we have to go to pre-order the game?

----------

And are the formats like Hong Kong 6s not available yet?

So Kurt, should i know start playing and testing it madly with the patch you released today or should I wait for another patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread