Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem :) I am free for next couple of days and can test it how i used to previously :) So I will just hold up until you release the new update :cheers

Hi all,

so these are the changes I've made today:

- AI doesn't bowl as many full tosses
- exclamation is shown above the batsman's head when it should be played off the back foot
- fixed bowling lengths & bounce
- tweaked AI batting
- made bowler selection more dependent on pitch conditions
- timing bar is shown for early and late play & misses too

Have I missed anything? I'm going to test for a bit, but if this covers all the bugs/requests raised, then I should be good to release an update tonight.

Cheers
K

Seems superb, just test it and release it rest reviews will be given to you by tonight :)

Some (very minor) suggestions:
- Show the strike rate for batsmen in the in-game batting scorecard to 2 decimal places (like in the output commentary text file)
- Simulate until a wicket falls button (perhaps?)

EDIT: One other question, are the off-spinners (with the correct bowling attributes) able to bowl the doosra (the delivery that spins in the other direction) in-game?

Last edited:
@itay: Yup, I'll add both :) Off-spinners can bowl doosra, yup. You just need to set their leg-spin attribute.

ok... thanks. Seems the auto-updater runs if I try to use the bulk importer (attempting to import the new bowling attributes).

Sounds like another great update will be here soon.

I had one question: What does focus for a batsman indicate? Settled and stamina are self explanatory, but I don't understand what focus is and why a batsman starts with full focus which eventually goes down after a while? Also I think the bars are a little to sensitive in terms of change I. E. One miss or badly timed shot results in a lot of drop in settled bar. Also a deliberately left alone shot results in reduction of settled value.

@Pat: The Focus bar indicates how rash the batsman is - the lower the focus, the more likely you are to make an error either by mistiming it or edging it. A higher focus does sometimes result in more powerful strokes though. This was done to simulate e.g. a batsman going on all-out attack.

I'll also fix up the leave/settled issue :)

EDIT: The Settled bar should drop slower on a miss/mistimed shot the longer you're in. It'll drop quicker if you haven't played yourself in yet. I can definitely tweak this though...

Last edited:
@Pat: The Focus bar indicates how rash the batsman is - the lower the focus, the more likely you are to make an error either by mistiming it or edging it. A higher focus does sometimes result in more powerful strokes though. This was done to simulate e.g. a batsman going on all-out attack.

I'll also fix up the leave/settled issue :)

EDIT: The Settled bar should drop slower on a miss/mistimed shot the longer you're in. It'll drop quicker if you haven't played yourself in yet. I can definitely tweak this though...

Settled bar should drop also if a batsmen:
- Gets through to stumps and bats the next day (in a test match for example)
- A break in play (lunch, tea, even rain interruptions)

Hi all,

patch v1.64 is now available for download.

Changelog:

- AI doesn't bowl as many full tosses
- exclamation is shown above the batsman's head when it should be played off the back foot
- fixed bowling lengths & bounce
- tweaked AI batting
- made bowler selection more dependent on pitch conditions
- timing bar is shown for early and late play & misses too
- batting strike rate is shown to 2 decimal places in-game
- fixed bug in bulk importer where it tries to download updates
- tweaked leg side shots played across the line & leading edges
- temporary icons for net practice
- ducking/leaving the ball no longer reduces your Settled bar
- added Simulate until Wicket falls button
- minor bug fixes

As always, post here, drop me a PM or email me if you have criticisms, comments or suggestions :)

Cheers
K

First error

RUN @ 7/11/2012 11:36:31 PM

VERSION: 1.64
PROFILE: Parth

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

This error happened when the innings ended and I lost by 4 runs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread