Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was playing this game, Titans vs Central Stags once again Hong Kong Sixes

Code:
RUN @ 7/12/2012 12:14:53 AM

VERSION: 1.64
PROFILE: Rahulkhush

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.BlitSprite2DShadow(String name, String animation, Int32 frame, Single x, Single y, Single lx, Single ly, Single lz)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

I completed 55/6 in the game and they came out to bat and then first ball was hit for four and then game crashed

Another one. Just after bowling the first delivery of the match.
RUN @ 7/12/2012 12:19:05 AM

PROFILE: Pat

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.Strip(String n)
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.NextBall()
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)

Ya sure no problem buddy :)

----------

Code:
RUN @ 7/12/2012 12:41:55 AM

PROFILE: Rahulkhush

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms)

with the debug one

I haven't had a crash in 30-odd overs I played in an ODI between India (me) and West Indies.

1. Not a single full-length delivery was bowled. All of them were either short or short of good-length and very few good-length ones. I think you might have over-compensated for AI bowling full-tosses.
2. Lofted shots are very unpredictable. Very rarely do they go air-borne. I have had perfectly timed leg-side shots go in the air even when I don't use lofted-back-foot key (I think the backfoot + right and frontfoot + right for right-handed batsmen have some issues). I lost a couple of my batsmen to perfectly timed pull shots that went in the air and caught at mid-wicket. Also, attempts at playing lofted shots on the off-side result in 50-50 ratio of ball going air-borne v/s ball going along the ground. I think it's a good idea to ensure that on certain occasions ball goes air-borne when attempting to play ground-shots and on other occasions ball goes along the ground when attempting aerial shots. However, the percentage of this happening should be low and stat-dependent.
3. Not sure if it was one-off but I noticed that some bowlers were bowling from way behind the crease (almost from where the umpire is standing).
4. West Indies gave away around 90-odd runs in wides/no-balls. I had at least 12-14 instances of ball missing everything and going over the keeper's head.
5. In case of no-balls, the "Free hit" message comes only when the bowler starts his run-up. It should appear as soon as no-ball is bowled.
6. As mentioned earlier, no run-outs happen at the wicket-keeper's end.
7. Is it possible that the timing bar may be slightly off? I have had a few shots shown as "Late" going to boundary like a rocket and lot of others shown as "perfect" failing to clear the infield.

Also, I suggest that you make the easy mode more forgiving in terms of timing by maybe making the timing window larger perhaps so that it is easier to get perfectly timed shots. I still play in easy mode and struggle to connect balls on lot of occasions :P
Edit: I just played a beach mode match and wow, the batting is much much easier. So probably I have been struggling because batting is slightly more difficult in ODIs? Could you please confirm?

----------

Take this for example:

10.4 S Al Hasan floats a delivery to S Raina. The straighter one now. S Raina completely mishits a on-drive - 4

Timing-bar shows "Late" but the ball still races to the boundary. And this has happened a lot of times.

Please check the attached commentary. Most of the boundaries scored by S. Raina were from mis-hits :p

Attachments

• India vs Bangladesh - T20 - 12.45 AM.txt
    43.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys - apologies for this build, I made lots of significant changes and didn't take enough time to test everything thoroughly. I'll take a day or two to just test and make the fixes that Pat mentioned above.

@Pat: Yup, beach cricket, HK6 and slog mode are easier to bat in. Basically:

BC, HK6, slog < T20 < ODI < Test

^^Thanks and good luck on the next update :thumbs

@kurtkz: Just tested the new update and there seems to be a crash when appealing for LBW (exhibition test match, no crash log included)

Aaah, OK - thanks I'm testing it now.

----------

@itay: Hmm, I'm struggling to replicate the crash - has it happened since? I've appealed a few times now and have been through the review twice (for a not out and out decision). I'll keep testing it though. Have you experienced any other crashes yet?

Aaah, OK - thanks I'm testing it now.

----------

@itay: Hmm, I'm struggling to replicate the crash - has it happened since? I've appealed a few times now and have been through the review twice (for a not out and out decision). I'll keep testing it though. Have you experienced any other crashes yet?

No... I might have pressed the appeal button too quickly.

Hi guys,

so...as you may have noticed there've been lots of updates recently. You may also have noticed that the game has become a bit unstable...the two are related :)

To remedy the situation, I've sent test copies to a group of players. Once they give me the green light I'll release the update (v1.66) and everything should be good again :)

Cheers
K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread