Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also there is a bug when we select eliminator for tournaments

I had 6 teams in this tournament where Ireland topped grp A and netherlands was second.. Similarly Afghanistan topped Grp B and Kenya was second

Now the thing is in eliminators 1st play the 4th and 2nd play the 3rd

With it being group Afghanistan and Ireland both topped now sim is confused :p

Also the fixture for eliminators generated were

Afg vs Ned
Ire vs Ken

Now first semi final Afghanistan won
Second Ireland won

Third eliminator match was generated as Netherlands vs Ireland(which should not be the case)

Ireland won the eliminator and tournament ended.. Now what abt Afghanistan's win?

Hmm, what should the 3rd eliminator match have been? It should be the loser of the 1st semi vs the winner of the 2nd...the game quitting early is definitely a big bug though. I'll fix that up for the next release too.

Now the thing is in eliminators 1st play the 4th and 2nd play the 3rd
If it isn't the semis then that's not the case.

It works this way.

Top 4 qualify.

Qualifier 1 - 1 v 2 (winner in the finale)
Eliminator - 3 v 4 (loser goes out)
Qualifier 2 - Winner of eliminator v Loser of Q1
Final - Winner of Q1 v Winner of Q2

If it is groups, it can be (assuming top 3 go through) -

Q1 - 1 (A) v 1 (B) (winner in the finale)
E1 - 2 (A) v 3 (A) (loser out)
E2 - 2 (B) v 3 (B) (loser out)
E3 - Winner of E1 v Winner of E2 (loser out)
Q2 - Winner of E3 v Loser of Q1
Final - Winner of Q1 v Winner of Q2

However, for the playoffs one set of code won't work, I feel. It depends on how many teams go through.

The above fixtures (top 3 from each group go through) is my version for the MLC league though.

@User2010: No problem, the sim needs to be tested thoroughly too, so thanks for that :)

----------

@User2010: I think that's what my code does but I do need to test it some more.

EDIT: Actually my code only handles the semi-finals case at the moment. I'll see if I can extend it soon.

Last edited:
@kurtkz: The number of overs bowled in test matches in each day is definitely consistent now, but I think it's still 6 or 7 overs short each day (should be around 90 overs a day minus 2 overs for each change of innings). Maybe that could be solved by increasing the last session by an extra half hour.

EDIT: There's also no change to the settled meter when batsman resume batting after a break in play (should be a noticeable drop).

Also, I think the off-cutter and leg-cutter for the pace bowlers are seaming in the wrong direction. The off-cutter should deviate towards the right hander's leg-side and the leg-cutter should deviate towards the right hander's off-side.

EDIT: Just got this crash log (from overthrows)

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetFieldingCommentary(Int32 runs, String sshot, Boolean hit, String aux, Boolean edged) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\CommentaryManager.cs:line 977
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 3166
at Cricket.Main.GameStateBoundary.ProcessInput(Single ms) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateBoundary.cs:line 592
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 10436
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2881

Hehe, that's actually changed in the version I have on my machine. The labels are swapped now when bowling to left-handers.

EDIT: Aaah, yes, OK - I know where that crash comes from. Thanks for that, I've been struggling to hunt it down :)

Got this crash log (after bowling the opposition out, save graphs option was enabled)

Parameter name: key

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.GameStatePitchMap.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStatePitchMap.cs:line 349
at Cricket.Main.GameStatePitchMap.Extract(DateTime now) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStatePitchMap.cs:line 129
at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1786
at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 603
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 10442
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2881

Last edited:
syes it did take about 2 mins for me but when i click on simulate the innings it comes with 30 mins remain to sim

Code:
28.1 Kevin Darlington to Azhar Mahmood, dot, 120.01kph, Pitches well wide of leg and it seams away. Defensively played. Hit straight to the fielder at extra cover. No run.
28.2 Kevin Darlington to Azhar Mahmood, OUT, 110.58kph, short length well wide of leg stump. Defensively played. BOWLED HIM!

Azhar Mahmood  b K Darlington  3 (22m 13b 0x4 0x6)  SR: 23.08

28.3 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 119.55kph, This one is military medium from K Darlington. Pitches well wide of leg and it jags away. Textbook example of a forward defensive there. Hit straight to the fielder at backward square leg. No run.
28.4 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, 1, 120.31kph, K Darlington ambles in and floats this one up to the batsman. K Darlington hits a short length well wide of leg. S Smith plays an extravagant late cut. Glorious timing. One more.
28.5 Kevin Darlington to Misbah-ul-Haq, 4, 119.45kph, Misbah-ul-Haq plays a punchy cut. The ball smashes into the advertising boarding now. Four.
28.6 Kevin Darlington to Misbah-ul-Haq, 4, 131.81kph, K Darlington is working up a decent pace here. Misbah-ul-Haq plays a punchy cut. Can't cut it off. Four.

* Three in a row! This is some quality batting from Misbah-ul-Haq.

[ End of over 29 (9 runs) New York Fighters 156 / 4 (RR: 5.38) ]

[ Steven Smith       1* (2b 0x4 0x6)       Kevin Darlington  6-0-40-1 ]
[ Misbah-ul-Haq      34* (39b 5x4 0x6)     Michael Clarke    2-0-5-0  ]

29.1 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, dot, 70.01kph, The off spinner now and it turns away from the batsman. S Smith defends with a straight bat.
29.2 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, dot, 70.00kph, A hint of turn away from. Defensive shot. The full face of the blade was presented there. The non-striker calls for a non-existent run. S Smith rightly sends him back.
29.3 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, dot, 76.16kph, This one is bowled slightly flatter. A hint of turn away from. Defensively played. S Smith struck that too firmly to take the single.
29.4 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, 1, 70.00kph, That sped away like a tracer bullet. Fantastic on-drive. Sloppy fielding results in an extra run.
29.5 Michael Clarke to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 73.19kph, M Clarke gives this one some air. Crunched through the leg side. Well executed pull. The batsmen only take one.
29.6 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, 1, 76.51kph, A hint of turn away from. S Smith plays it gently through the leg side. One more to the total.

[ End of over 30 (3 runs) New York Fighters 159 / 4 (RR: 5.30) ]

[ Steven Smith       3* (7b 0x4 0x6)       Michael Clarke    3-0-8-0  ]
[ Misbah-ul-Haq      35* (40b 5x4 0x6)     Kevin Darlington  6-0-40-1 ]

30.1 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 137.09kph, Defensive shot. The full face of the blade was presented there. The non-striker calls for a non-existent run. S Smith rightly sends him back.
30.2 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, 1, 138.49kph, K Darlington flings this through at decent pace. Well-timed on-drive there. Tight run! The batsmen complete the single in the end.

* Three in a row! This is some quality batting from S Smith.

30.3 Kevin Darlington to Misbah-ul-Haq, 3, 119.45kph, Misbah-ul-Haq plays an extravagant cut. Glorious timing. They scramble three. Excellent communication between these two.

30.4 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, 1, 137.03kph, S Smith late cuts but can't time it properly. That is a comfortable single.

30.5 Kevin Darlington to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 138.20kph, K Darlington flings this through at decent pace. K Darlington finds a hint of movement from a leg stump line. Misbah-ul-Haq on-drives but can't time it properly. Tight run! The batsmen complete the single in the end.

30.6 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 137.00kph, K Darlington is working up a decent pace here. Pitches well wide of leg and it cuts away. Defensively played. S Smith struck that too firmly to take the single.

[ End of over 31 (6 runs) New York Fighters 165 / 4 (RR: 5.32) ]

[ Misbah-ul-Haq      39* (42b 5x4 0x6)     Kevin Darlington  7-0-46-1 ]
[ Steven Smith       5* (11b 0x4 0x6)      Michael Clarke    3-0-8-0  ]

31.1 Michael Clarke to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 74.73kph, Misbah-ul-Haq plays it gently through the leg side. The batsmen only take one.
31.2 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, 2, 75.84kph, short length well wide of leg stump. Two more runs.
31.3 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, dot, 70.02kph, The off spinner now and it turns away from the batsman. S Smith defends with a straight bat.
31.4 Michael Clarke to Steven Smith, 1, 70.81kph, Not finding much turn off this surface. Well-timed on-drive there. One more to the total.
31.5 Michael Clarke to Misbah-ul-Haq, 4, 70.73kph, That one goes on straight with the arm. Misbah-ul-Haq swats this one. Very classy from Misbah-ul-Haq - no stopping this one.
31.6 Michael Clarke to Misbah-ul-Haq, 2, 70.19kph, M Clarke gets this one to grip and turn. That sped away like a tracer bullet. Fantastic drive. Two runs.

[ End of over 32 (10 runs) New York Fighters 175 / 4 (RR: 5.47) ]

[ Steven Smith       8* (14b 0x4 0x6)      Michael Clarke    4-0-18-0 ]
[ Misbah-ul-Haq      46* (45b 6x4 0x6)     Kevin Darlington  7-0-46-1 ]

32.1 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 139.58kph, A hint of movement in. Textbook example of a forward defensive there. Hit straight to the fielder at cover. No run.
32.2 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 121.45kph, K Darlington pushes this through at no great pace. S Smith plays that one with the full face of the bat. Square leg is quick to cut off the single.
32.3 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, 1, 137.04kph, S Smith swats this one. Square leg misfields allowing the batsman to go through for the single.

32.4 Kevin Darlington to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 137.00kph, K Darlington is working up a decent pace here. Can't get this past the fielder. One more.

32.5 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 122.12kph, No great pace there from K Darlington. He finds a fraction of swing off the surface. S Smith plays that one with the full face of the bat. Hit straight to the fielder at backward point. No run.
32.6 Kevin Darlington to Steven Smith, dot, 118.84kph, This one is military medium from K Darlington. Textbook example of a forward defensive there. Hit straight to the fielder at backward square leg. No run.

[ End of over 33 (2 runs) New York Fighters 177 / 4 (RR: 5.36) ]

[ Misbah-ul-Haq      47* (46b 6x4 0x6)     Kevin Darlington  8-0-48-1 ]
[ Steven Smith       9* (19b 0x4 0x6)      Michael Clarke    4-0-18-0 ]

33.1 Kyle Mills to Misbah-ul-Haq, dot, 137.00kph, K Mills is working up a decent pace here. Defensively played. Misbah-ul-Haq struck that too firmly to take the single.
33.2 Kyle Mills to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 122.13kph, That one goes on straight. Crunched through the off side. Well executed upper cut. The batsmen only take one.
33.3 Kyle Mills to Steven Smith, dot, 137.86kph, K Mills puts his back into this delivery. Defensively played. S Smith struck that too firmly to take the single.
33.4 Kyle Mills to Steven Smith, dot, 137.01kph, K Mills puts his back into this delivery. This one starts off well wide of leg and ends up on leg. Defensively played. S Smith struck that too firmly to take the single.
33.5 Kyle Mills to Steven Smith, dot, 110.00kph, K Mills slows this one down. S Smith defends off the front foot. No runs taken.
33.6 Kyle Mills to Steven Smith, dot, 119.96kph, K Mills is struggling to find much pace of this surface. Steven Smith leaves the ball.

[ End of over 34 (1 runs) New York Fighters 178 / 4 (RR: 5.24) ]

[ Misbah-ul-Haq      48* (48b 6x4 0x6)     Kyle Mills        6-1-30-1 ]
[ Steven Smith       9* (23b 0x4 0x6)      Kevin Darlington  8-0-48-1 ]

34.1 Darren Sammy to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 119.35kph, D Sammy ambles in and floats this one up to the batsman. Short length outside leg stump. That is a comfortable single.
34.2 Darren Sammy to Steven Smith, 1 leg-byes, 119.04kph, No great pace there from D Sammy. D Sammy hits a short length outside leg. S Smith swishes at this one and misses. One more.
34.3 Darren Sammy to Misbah-ul-Haq, dot, 117.02kph, D Sammy ambles in and floats this one up to the batsman. Wicket to wicket delivery. Textbook example of a forward defensive there. Hit straight to the fielder at extra cover. No run.
34.4 Darren Sammy to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 119.29kph, No great pace there from D Sammy. D Sammy maintains a tight line outside leg. That sped away like a tracer bullet. Fantastic cut. Hit straight to the fielder. The batsman scamper a quick single.
34.5 Darren Sammy to Steven Smith, 1, 117.58kph, A hint of swing in. S Smith late cuts but doesn't time it at all. One more to the total.

* That's S Smith's 50! Well played.

34.6 Darren Sammy to Misbah-ul-Haq, 4, 117.01kph, D Sammy is struggling to find much pace of this surface. D Sammy pitches that one outside leg. Crunched through the off side. Well executed cut. The ball smashes into the advertising boarding now. Four.

[ End of over 35 (8 runs) New York Fighters 186 / 4 (RR: 5.31) ]

[ Steven Smith       10* (25b 0x4 0x6)     Darren Sammy 1-0-7-0  ]
[ Misbah-ul-Haq      54* (52b 7x4 0x6)     Kyle Mills   6-1-30-1 ]

Some commentary bugs.

* That's three in a row seems to be repeated many times when the even hasn't appeared. Then, it said 'S Smith's fifty' but, it was Misbah who scored a fifty.

@niru: Not yet, it's currently in testing. I'm fixing bugs and making changes as suggested where I can, so I'm hoping to release v1.67 tomorrow night. There's going to be quite a few changes in it, so hopefully I don't break it like previous releases :)

@User2010: Excellent! Thanks for the feedback - I'll fix that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread