Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kurtkz: Forgot to mention a rule change, in ODIs only one incorrect referral is allowed in each inning.

Hi guys,

I've just shipped the next build to the testers (who are doing an AMAZING job btw) so the next official release should happen either today or tomorrow :)

Cheers
K

will wait for it :thumbs
btw on test match's i have not seen a player scoring a 100 when i sim the innings

Still some commentary problems. Similar as before.

Code:
15. 1 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, 4, 127.00kph, K Pollard pushes this through at no great pace. It swings in just off the straight. R Taylor plays an extravagant on-drive. Glorious timing. Overthrows! Poor poor fielding there. Boundary!
15. 2 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, 4, 127.07kph, K Pollard bowls this gun-barrel straight. Excellent timing from R Taylor as he plays a late cut. That runs away for four

* Three in a row! This is some quality batting from R Taylor.

Though, this isn't repeated but it comes on after 2 fours are hit. But, not all the times.

See this.

Code:
0.3 Stuart Broad to Sachin Tendulkar, 4, 120.45kph, Exaggerated movement off the pitch. S Tendulkar puts bat to ball but mistimes it. Overthrows! Poor poor fielding there. Boundary!
0.4 Stuart Broad to Sachin Tendulkar, 4, 110.00kph, Big swing from the seamer. S Tendulkar swats this one. Very classy from S Tendulkar - no stopping this one
0.5 Stuart Broad to Sachin Tendulkar, 1, 120.25kph, S Tendulkar plays an extravagant late cut. Glorious timing. Can't get this past the fielder. One more
0.6 Stuart Broad to Faf du Plessis, dot, 137.89kph, S Broad puts his back into this delivery and he hits a short length wide of off. Textbook example of a forward defensive there. Hit straight to the fielder at square leg. No run

Code:
19. 1 Ravi Ashwin to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 70.00kph, The straighter one now. Misbah-ul-Haq puts bat to ball but mistimes it. One more
19. 2 Ravi Ashwin to Ross Taylor, dot, 70.00kph, R Ashwin tosses this one up to R Taylor. This one bites viciously and spins a long way. R Taylor plays that one with the full face of the bat. Point is quick to cut off the single
19. 3 Ravi Ashwin to Ross Taylor, dot, 70.09kph, Textbook example of a forward defensive there. Hit straight to the fielder at 2nd slip. No run
19. 4 Ravi Ashwin to Ross Taylor, 1, 70.00kph, R Ashwin floats a delivery to R Taylor and he rips an off spinner that turns viciously into the batsman. That sped away like a tracer bullet. Fantastic drive. That is an excellent call by R Taylor. One run
19. 5 Ravi Ashwin to Misbah-ul-Haq, dot, 70.00kph, This one bites viciously and spins a long way. Defensively played. Misbah-ul-Haq struck that too firmly to take the single
19. 6 Ravi Ashwin to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 70.00kph, R Ashwin gives this one some air and he rips an off spinner that turns viciously into the batsman. Misbah-ul-Haq drives but can't time it properly. Can't get this past the fielder. One more

* That's Misbah-ul-Haq's 50! Well played.

[ End of over 20 (3 runs) New York Fighters 108 / 2 (RR: 5.40) ]

[ Misbah-ul-Haq      19* (29b 2x4 0x6)     Ravi Ashwin   2-0-10-0 ]
[ Ross Taylor        50* (52b 6x4 0x6)     Irfan Pathan  6-0-21-0 ]

20. 1 Irfan Pathan to Misbah-ul-Haq, 2, 111.54kph, I Pathan hits a short length outside off. Crunched through the off side. Well executed late cut. Two more runs
20. 2 Irfan Pathan to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1, 127.59kph, I Pathan pushes this through at no great pace. A hint of swing away. Misbah-ul-Haq pulls but can't time it properly. That is a comfortable single

* That's Misbah-ul-Haq's 50! Well played.

Again, it was Taylor who scored a fifty but, it mentioned Misbah. Not once but, twice. :p

This is a minor thing but, I'd mention it. After the first 9 overs are bowled in each innings, the 10th over onwards there's that gap like 10. 1 and not 10.1

Code:
9.1 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, 4, 100.00kph, K Pollard bowls this from the back of his hand. A hint of swing away. Can't cut it off. Four
9.2 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, dot, 100.23kph, R Taylor defends with a straight bat
9.3 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, 2, 116.01kph, No great pace there from K Pollard. He finds a fraction of swing off the surface. R Taylor plays an extravagant late cut. Glorious timing. Two runs
9.4 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, dot, 110.61kph, K Pollard slows this one down and he hits a short length outside off. R Taylor defends off the front foot. No runs taken
9.5 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, 4, 109.90kph, That sped away like a tracer bullet. Fantastic late cut. Through gully for four. Imperious
9.6 Kieron Pollard to Ross Taylor, 1, 100.12kph, K Pollard slows this one down. It curves away just off the straight. R Taylor plays it gently through the off side. That is an excellent call by R Taylor. One run

[ End of over 10 (11 runs) New York Fighters 59 / 1 (RR: 5.90) ]

[ Ross Taylor       20* (23b 3x4 0x6)     Kieron Pollard 1-0-11-0 ]
[ Craig Kieswetter  27* (24b 4x4 0x6)     Gordon Goudie  1-0-11-0 ]

10. 1 Gordon Goudie to Ross Taylor, dot, 120.05kph, Defensive shot. The full face of the blade was presented there. The non-striker calls for a non-existent run. R Taylor rightly sends him back
10. 2 Gordon Goudie to Ross Taylor, dot, 120.11kph, It curls away just off the straight. Defensive shot. The full face of the blade was presented there. The non-striker calls for a non-existent run. R Taylor rightly sends him back
10. 3 Gordon Goudie to Ross Taylor, dot, 137.00kph, G Goudie is working up a decent pace here. Defensive shot. The full face of the blade was presented there. The non-striker calls for a non-existent run. R Taylor rightly sends him back
10. 4 Gordon Goudie to Ross Taylor, dot, 137.00kph, Pitches outside off and it swings away. R Taylor defends off the front foot. No runs taken
10. 5 Gordon Goudie to Ross Taylor, 1, 119.95kph, G Goudie pushes this through at no great pace and he hits a short length outside off. Aggressive hook from R Taylor. They take a single
10. 6 Gordon Goudie to Craig Kieswetter, dot, 119.85kph, Pitches outside off and it swings in. C Kieswetter strides forward and blocks. No run

Also, there can be a commentary for free hits too after there's a no ball bowled.

Some problems noticed so far:
- All the bowlers are left handed (even though the csv file I have has right handed bowlers)
- Some of the text overlaps when fielders are close to each other (in field settings)
- Bowling speed and amount of swing/seam is really odd (doesn't show the speed or the amount of swing or seam)

Last edited:
@singhb: Unfortunately not - you can create it manually though. I'll see if I can draw up a document today and put it online. It's actually pretty easy to create it.

----------

If all goes well, there'll be a new patch released today!

@kurtkz: Batted through the first session of play (in a test match) before getting this crash log:

VERSION: 1.68

MESSAGE: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at Cricket.Main.BatsmanStatistics.ReduceSettledness(Single ratio) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\BatsmanStatistics.cs:line 446
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.AddState(GameState newState, Boolean ignoreAll) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 7745
at Cricket.Main.GameState.SwitchState(Boolean terminate, GameState newState) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameState.cs:line 260
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.NextBall() in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 3908
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 6781
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 14316
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 10753
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2881

Last edited:
@itay: Aaah, thanks - I forgot to test that :facepalm I wasn't reducing the settledness of the batsmen after breaks. I'll release a fix in the next hour or so. Hopefully I'll get more bug reports before then.

Commentary is pretty good now. No major bugs.

However,

Code:
13.6 Gordon Goudie to Ajinkya Rahane, dot, 136.44kph, G Goudie is working up a decent pace here and he hits a short length just outside leg. A Rahane strides forward and blocks. No run

[ End of over 14 (7 runs) Miami Surfers 70 / 2 (RR: 5.00) ]

[ Shiv Chanderpaul   1* (5b 0x4 0x6)       Gordon Goudie 3-0-24-1 ]
[ Ajinkya Rahane     28* (35b 3x4 0x6)     Ravi Ashwin   1-0-3-0  ]

14.1 Ravi Ashwin to Shiv Chanderpaul, OUT, 70.00kph, R Ashwin gives this one some air. That one goes on straight with the arm. S Chanderpaul strides forward and blocks. BOWLED HIM!

Shiv Chanderpaul  b R Ashwin  1 (11m 5b 0x4 0x6)  SR: 20.00

Whenever a batsman is out, the ball on which he gets out isn't counted as ball faced by him in the commentary. Scorecard is fine though.

Also, some things I've noticed -

- Hardly any sixes are hit. Nowadays, there are quite a few hit in RL.
- The free hits usually should go for runs but, don't. 5 out of 10 times, they do go for runs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread