Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be events as you have for all the other things. Suppose if a chasing side chases down a big total, we can have, 'Team 2 batters managed to chase it down with x balls/overs to spare' If they chase an easy total, 'This was never going to be a challenging total for the Team 2 batsmen'

N number of scenarios though. Not really a necessity.

That's kind of like what I had in mind - what about the following scenarios:

1. narrow win/loss
2. big win/loss
3. expected win (big team over small team - I'll fudge this somehow)
4. normal win

which gets shown will be determined by the format, scores and pitch conditions. What do you think?

Aha, sounds interesting. You have got a solution to everything, it seems. And, a quick one at that. Really appreciate the effort man. :thumbs

Hehe, let's wait and see what it turns out like :P

----------

Hi guys, I think I broke action mode with the last update - I'll release a fix in the next hour.

Sorry for the delay everyone, I'm going to try to add the last bit of the commentary engine (simple match analysis) before I upload the new update.

I had some time today and played a ODI game between Australia (me) v/s India.
It was good fun and this game has great potential. Some points I would like to highlight:

1. It is difficult to get past the infield,especially on the off-side, using along-the-ground strokes.
2. Loft button does not work as expected? Every single time I played a back-foot shot on the leg-side using the non-loft back-foot key, it went along the air. Also, I never got the ball to go in the air on the off-side even if I was using the back-foot loft key.
3. AI does not seem to be able to run out the batsmen effectively. I had a lot of occasions when the ball was thrown to the keeper and the batsman was a long way away from the crease, yet the keeper somehow decides to throw the ball to the opposite end instead of running the batsman out.
4. I noticed that some times when the ball is hit in the air, the fielder runs way too back and then after a few seconds, runs-in towards the ball to pick it up.
5. Big one: I played around 32-33 overs and AI did not change the field even once. It was set to what it was at the start of the innings. Just to clarify, when I started the match, I was playing as India but in the first over, I changed the human-controlled team to Australia using "Team Controls" option in the menu. I am not sure if this is the reason why AI never changed fields while I batted for 30-odd overs.
6. Bowling: I noticed that around 70-80% of the deliveries bowled by the bowlers were way too short. I was playing at MCG (bounce condition mentioned was 100%), so I am not sure if it was intentional by the AI because of the hard-pitch :P Also, the bar at the bottom of the screen mentions "One for the over" lot of times in an over but I never actually got a no-ball for height while playing, even though I am sure bowlers were bowling at-least 3-4 bouncers an over.
7. Also, I don't know why but AI decided to give S.Tendulkar an extended run with the ball (around 5 overs) even though a. he is not highly rated as a bowler and b. he was getting smashed all round the park
8. Net-practice freezes the game too often. I got it to crash 3 out of 3 times after playing about 30-off strokes.
9. I am not able to play certain strokes. How do you play a. Steer down to third-man b. back-foot flick on the on-side c. Sweep shot against the spinners
I tried the combinations mentioned in Help, but I could not play those strokes. Maybe my timing is way too off? Which brings me to my next point:
10. Is it possible to have the timing-bar (like in Net-Practice) in real Matches?
11. Focus, Stamina etc. bars are very confusing. I feel they should be re-designed to clearly display the values. At the moment, the color look all random. At the least, I think there should be a text within the bars mentioning percentage/value.

I will add to this list as and when more points come to my mind.
Whatever you have achieved so far has been phenomenal, continue polishing it and you will have a fantastic product and the community will have a fantastic game that will be thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated.

Last edited:
Whoa! That's extremely thorough, Pat - thanks, I appreciate the effort :)

I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1. I'll take a look at it again - the placement is determined by the timing, positioning of the batsman compared to the ball and how settled you are. The more settled you are the more likely your batsman is to pick the gap. It is something I need to revisit though.

2. Leg-side shots played across the line, early in your inning are likely to be slightly aerial. I'll take a look at the back-foot lofted shots again, but I think the ball needs to be short enough to loft (although it could be a bug).

3. Yeah, the AI is very conservative when it comes to run outs at the moment - I'll revisit that as well :)

4. Thanks for picking that up - I thought I'd sorted it out. I'll fix that up for the next update.

5. Hmm...that's a tricky one. How fast were you scoring? If it wasn't particularly fast the AI might've decided it wasn't worth it putting fielders out...

6. Oops, I'll need to check that again. I think I might've broken that in the previous release.

7. This is purely down to my ratings (most of the ratings were autogenerated from Cricinfo). When I get a chance I'll revisit the ratings, but it probably won't be any time soon.

8. I'll fix that up too :)

9. Steer to 3rd man should be Up+Left+Front foot, Sweep should be Up+Right+Front and Back-foot Flick should be Right+Front (this is for a right-handed batsman)

10. Yup, I'll re-add the timing bar for non-practice games.

11. I agree, the bars needed to be changed a looong time ago. Just never got around to it. Should they stay as bars or can you think of some other way to display them?

As always, thanks for your feedback :)

Cheers
K

also just tried to play a test match vs Kenya and got this error

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.9 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread