Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hedger: Hmm, the idea of keeping it simple is to make it easy to get into. When you start career mode you start off as a teenage club player. The default stats are for an average player who doesn't really have a preference yet (kind of base values for all the relevant stats, with slight differences based on your choices). You'll initially be able to ramp these stats up quite quickly but this will taper off as you level up.

The computer will do all the selections unless you've been selected as the captain and it will also do the fielding. You're basically just another player in the team, otherwise.

Still, most players should have some preference by that stage. If not, then not sure why they're playing at that level :p

yeah, well I'm going to England in like 11 days so even if you release it before I go, I won't have really any time to play it :p

btw, just edited the first post for you so that the downloads link actually opens the page rather than coming up with no page found :p

Well decided to give the latest patch a run. Started up a save with NSW in the Sheffield Shield and running perfectly so far.

Firstly, the game won't run on slow speed, must be average+ for the game to work. Don't know if you already know that but thought I'd let you know.

I've only finished the first innings and we managed 220 all out (this is on easy) but that was only because of Hauritz who scored 71.

Our scorecard:

Hughes lbw b. Swan 7 (34) 1 four
Jaques b. Hopes 10 (28) 2 fours
Maddinson lbw b. Hopes 1 (4)
Henriques c. Simpson b. Swan 31 (86) 2 fours
S Smith c. Reardon b. Harris 15 (53) 3 fours
Rohrer lbw b. Simpson 2 (7)
Nevill b. Swan 28 (45) 4 fours
Hauritz lbw b. Simpson 71 (64) 13 fours
Hazlewood c & b. McDermott 6 (13) 1 four
Starc run out (Dunk) 0 (6)
Copeland not out 16* (19) 2 fours

Total: 220/10 (59.5 overs)

Bowlers:

(Bowler - Overs - Maidens - Wickets - Runs - ER)
Harris 10-0-1-23 - 2.3 rpo
McDermott 11-5-1-36 - 3.27 rpo
Swan 11-1-3-27 - 2.45 rpo
Hopes 13-1-2-61 - 4.69 rpo
Simpson 15-2-2-40 - 2.7 rpo

I was using the cone batting system so people may have different experiences with the standard system.

First of all, byes, 28 byes were conceded with was a major problem, with most being conceded in the early overs. A lot just went over the keepers head so that's probably an issue you want to look at.

Also, the late cut (whether front of back foot) is too easy to play. I tried to keep it out as much of the game as possible cause it was too easy to play but got to the stage where I wanted some runs to actually make bowling to a team chasing some sort of target more interesting. But when Hauritz can score 71 runs, with 53 runs behind square on the offside, there's definitely a problem.

The cover drive I feel is too easy to play. But it's too hard to find gaps. I played the cover drive a lot and hit most of them but not one found the gap. The only boundaries I scored through the covers were two lofted drives over short cover by Nevill and Hauritz (one each). Hazlewood hit one through square leg but apart from that, every boundary I scored was behind point.

Leg-side shots are also way too hard to play. Unless I walk ten metres across my crease so the ball is to the leg side of me, I can't hit the ball. Even an offstump line is impossible to play a legside shot in a normal position. And I think it is completely impossible to play an on-drive.

Also, I don't think it's possible to play a straight drive with cone batting. Every time I try, I've missed the ball or it's come out like a defensive shot (ball just dribbles out).

Anyway, I think that's all I've got to note so far. I'll see how the bowling goes and try giving you some more feedback shortly.

Awesome feedback as always. I've corrected some of the issues you mentioned (placement and keeping) but will definitely look at the batting issues you've raised. I hope to have another patch out this weeked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread