Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I also mentioned how unbelievably difficult it is to set a comfortable keyboard layout batting with the standard method... :p

I think I've been on the controls page forever trying to work out what I can work with easily.

Well I'm getting used to it :p

Also, I forgot to tell you. Nothing happens when a batsman reaches 50 (not sure about 100). Maybe a little popup at least when a batsman reaches 50 if not an actual celebration (although don't see that coming soon) but I would just like a little notification that a batsman has reached 50/100.

Agreed; the plan was actually to get Buko to do some 3D animations for various celebrations but money is tight at the moment. I'll just do a popup for now. It might not make it into the update tomorrow, unless I push the release back to Sunday instead.

It's not urgent, I'm just pointing that out. It definitely doesn't make me want to stop playing at all so it should be fine now.

Ok, so so far these are the changes planned:

- batting tweaks (should be easier to play leg-side shots, some other tweaks)
- AI tweaks (fielding & batting)
- first phase of career mode (just random character generation and sim/action switching) <- this is only available to paid, registered players though

I'll hopefully be uploading tonight although possibly only tomorrow morning.

Cheers
K

Hi guys,

I'm having issues with my internet host so I've attached the update in this post for now. Let me know if you have any issues updating the game.

Cheers
K

Attachments

• Patch193.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Hi guys,

there's some animation glitches in that update but the gameplay should work just fine. I'll release another patch on Sunday that will take care of those as well as some other bugs.

Cheers
K

And uh, is there any point of trying career mode at this stage?

----------

okay, well you need to make it clear what team the player you're being is on and you should have some player profile thing on the main menu.

And just finally found the team I was in and it's impossible to bowl as you bowl one ball, the ball gets thrown back to the keeper who throws it to you but you can't pick the ball up and it goes all the way down to long on (well straight but you get what I mean) and then a fielder throws it in and the process repeats. So yeah, you can't bowl.

----------

And nationality doesn't work at all btw. Like I set Australian nationality but everything is South African anyway.

----------

and every match has ZIM v ZIM at the bottom so you have to manually search the fixtures to see who is actually playing. Not a huge issue but just wanted to point that out.

----------

Okay, I just realised that your career mode has tweaked up everything else. There's no teams any more apart from the few junior club teams that were generated with the career mode.

yeah the career mode is just a test at this point - its in no way functional. like I mentioned previously its basically just meant to show how the players are generated and how the game switches between simulation and action. there's still TONS of work to be done there. the fixes are all for normal modes.

----------

the spin bowling issue should be fixed...if there's still an issue please let me know.

----------

the spin bowling issue should be fixed...if there's still an issue please let me know.

Sorry guys, career mode might break the team and player DB. I've attached copies of the originals in case this happens (don't worry it'll be sorted out when I do further work on career mode)...

Attachments

• players.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread