Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it's hard to tell. There's some wide ones that the keeper doesn't get to. I think the keeper moves too late. They should be able to predict where the ball's going. Instead, they just move pretty much just as it passes the bat so they can't get to wide ones. And with ones going over the head, well I can't tell whether it's too much bounce or they can't reach it :p

----------

and it's too hard to bowl with spinners, you don't have enough time to set your line and length.

It's been so much time since I played (actually simmed) the game. Now, I've lost track of the patches and the game doesn't work for me. :( I'm downloading Sep update and putting the recent 192 patch on it. It will be alright?

Yup, that should do the trick. I haven't tweaked simulations yet though, so it might not be worth your while (just yet, at least)...

No worries. It's great you're progressing on career mode. I'll just try to play the game till then. I sucked though when I tried earlier.

User, I'd suggest starting a game, and if you're batting, then save the game at the start. Then just bat your 10 wickets out while you get used to it, then just load the game from the start and you should be alright :p

----------

And if you're bowling, who cares if you leak runs :p

@User2010: Have you taken a look at the "guide" (I need to rewrite this with a tutorial video) on the website?

----------

Also, I should have a non-career mode update ready this Friday (possibly Sat morning)...

@User2010: Have you taken a look at the "guide" (I need to rewrite this with a tutorial video) on the website?
I'll check it out straightaway. Started an Irelad v Australia test match. Ireland as my team, batted and after 6 overs I was 0 for 0. :p All I did was struggle to get bat to ball and when I got it, it was ball hitting the bat and dribbling on the pitch. Ha ha.

Wooo, finally bowled them out. After being 5/60, they finally managed to work their way to 220 all out, taking a 5 run lead on first innings (would be tied but the game crashed when I opened up pitch map in stats and only made 215 when I reloaded the game from my last save).

Scorecard:

Broad c. Smith b. Starc 5 (9)
Townsend b. Hazlewood 0 (3)
Lynn c. + Nevill b. Hazlewood 15 (20)
Reardon b. Hazlewood 5 (7)
Simpson b. Starc 47 (151)
Dunk b. Hazlewood 9 (10)
Hopes c. + Nevill b. Hauritz 16 (63)
Harris b. Hazlewood 16 (52)
Swan b. Starc 17 (50)
Boyce not out 14 (61)
McDermott c. + Nevill b. Hauritz 24 (54)

Total: 220/10 (79.4 overs)

Bowling:

(Bowler - Overs - Maidens - Wickets - Runs - ER)
Starc 19-3-3-34 - 1.79 rpo
Hazlewood 21-5-5-46 - 2.19 rpo
Copeland 13-2-0-48 - 3.69 rpo
Hauritz 15-7-2-20 - 1.36 rpo
Smith 2-2-0-0 - 0 rpo
Henriques 6-0-0-16 - 2.67 rpo
Maddinson 4-0-0-8 - 2 rpo

It's hard to give feedback for bowling but I'll try. First of all, the byes issue as I've already pointed out. 48 byes, I conceded. Way too many. Again, going to pull up the spinners issue, you cannot bowl a really full ball, really need to give more time to adjust line and length with spinners.

Also just a note that the default first slip for spinners is right behind the keeper. The second slip on the field screen for a spinner is the first slip.

Pretty much, your default field needs a third man and no fine leg as the AI scores way too many runs through third man and none through fine leg. It just seems like playing behind square on the leg-side is really hard for both the human player and the computer (as in fine leg direction). Most of the computers runs have come through third man and square on the leg side, with a few through the covers. So you need to make it a lot easier for everyone playing straight.

Of course, this might be different on pro or other difficulties (playing on easy) which also makes it hard to give feedback on other areas. Anyway, I'm going to up the difficulty to professional for the second innings and I'm going to go back to the normal batting method and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback, hedger, really appreciate all your effort. I think I've sorted out most of the issues you've raised and I hope to release an update tomorrow.

I think the only 2 outstanding problems are that it's too difficult to bowl with spinners and the slip for the spinner isn't positioned properly. I'll tackle those 2 issues after work and upload tomorrow morning.

Cheers
K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread