Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, cover drives. I see you've done some alteration to that, as I've hit two or three boundaries through the covers, all perfectly timed so that's good.

I'd also maybe want to make it easier to get an edge when playing late on the cover drive. Because atm, the cover drive is an extremely low risk shot, even early in a players innings.

And the straight drive whenever I've made contact with it always goes out through mid wicket. Not sure whether that's just my timing though rather than the actual shot.

And on the discussion of edges, I found a few edges in their innings but everyone landed short of the slips, with the only edges actually carrying being the ones to the keeper. So maybe make edges carry a little further.

Agreed on all those points. I've fixed the edges not carrying bug and also reworked how edges are calculated. Hopefully the next release will resolve all of those...

I just realised there is a tea break. Must have just missed it on Day 1.

Tea - Day 2

Australia 125/4 (44 overs)

Cowan b. Morkel 10 (24)
Watson c. Duminy b. Steyn 35 (71)
Quiney b. Steyn 24 (61)
Clarke b. Tahir 23 (49)
Hussey not out 22 (43)
Voges not out 8 (16)

Bowling:

Philander - 0/21 (8) - 2 maidens
Steyn - 2/33 (10) - 2 maidens
Kallis - 0/28 (10) - 2 maidens
Tahir - 1/4 (4) - 2 maidens
Morkel - 1/36 (12) - 3 maidens

hmm, last session doesn't seem long enough. Only 23 overs bowled.

Stumps - Day 2

Australia 193/5 (67 overs)

Cowan b. Morkel 10 (24)
Quiney b. Steyn 24 (61)
Clarke b. Tahir 23 (49)
Hussey b. Morkel 56 (106)
Voges not out 37 (82)
Wade+ not out 5 (9)

Bowling:

Philander - 0/38 (13) - 2 maidens
Steyn - 2/61 (17) - 3 maidens
Kallis - 0/33 (16) - 5 maidens
Tahir - 1/12 (7) - 3 maidens
Morkel - 2/46 (14) - 3 maidens

Okay, well I was 9 down at lunch so just went and finished the innings.

Australia 296 a.o. (97.4 overs)

Cowan b. Morkel 10 (24)
Quiney b. Steyn 24 (61)
Clarke b. Tahir 23 (49)
Hussey b. Morkel 56 (106)
Voges c. Duminy b. Steyn 100 (162)
Wade+ c. + de Villiers b. Morkel 7 (16)
Hilfenhaus c. Tahir b. Philander 28 (56)
Pattinson lbw b. Kallis 6 (23)
Starc not out 3 (10)
Lyon run out 1 (8)

Bowling:

Philander - 1/55 (18) - 4 maidens
Steyn - 2/85 (26) - 5 maidens
Kallis - 1/63 (23) - 5 maidens
Tahir - 1/23 (9) - 3 maidens
Morkel - 3/67 (21.4) - 5 maidens

Australia lead by 80 runs after first innings.

Just a note that I think you need to fix referrals. Because if you refer anything, it's given not out. There were two major edges that I reviewed (just cause I could and wanted to see) and both given not out even though there was a huge deflection and given out in the first place.

And LBWs, I think I had a couple that were really full on the stumps and it said it wasn't hitting the stumps. So might want to look at that.

Tea - Day 3

South Africa 85/1 (25 overs)

Smith b. Hilfenhaus 21 (39)
Peterson not out 43 (80)
Amla not out 20 (32)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/18 (10) - 2 maidens
Pattinson 0/29 (8) - 1 maiden
Starc 0/17 (2)
Lyon 0/17 (4)
Voges 0/4 (1)

Much more positive innings from South Africa so far, with Hilfenhaus the only bowler that South Africa have been unable to put away. Smith played the ball onto his stumps off Hilfenhaus just as it looked like they had played off the threat of the Aussie quick but the wicket has given some relief to the Australian side who had a tough session and Amla has wasted no time in getting himself set.

Stumps - Day 3

South Africa - 139/3 (49 overs)

Petersen not out 72 (156)
Amla c. + Wade b. Pattinson 20 (39)
Kallis c. Hilfenhaus b. Lyon 25 (61)
de Villiers+ not out 0 (0)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/38 (15) - 2 maidens
Pattinson 1/40 (13) - 2 maidens
Starc 0/27 (9) - 1 maiden
Lyon 1/23 (6)
Voges 0/6 (4) - 1 maiden
Hussey 0/5 (2)

Petersen with a very solid innings, looking on track for a century. Amla didn't last long after the tea break, edging a full Pattinson ball through to Wade before Kallis made a solid 25 before playing a stupid shot on the last ball of the day, getting a top edge, Hilfenhaus running back from gully to take a simple catch.

@hedger: Fantastic! The stories are great; you have a gift :) I'm getting closer to releasing a new update but I doubt it'll be ready by the time you leave for England. Hopefully the game will be closer to completion when you get back.

Kurt, can we not sim an exhibition game?

----------

Edit: Sorry, I don't know what I did earlier. :facepalm

Lunch - Day 4

South Africa - 215/6 (80 overs)

Petersen b. Starc 86 (205)
Amla c. + Wade b. Pattinson 20 (39)
Kallis c. Hilfenhaus b. Lyon 25 (61)
de Villiers+ not out 33 (85)
Duminy b. Voges 19 (42)
Rudolph b. Hussey 4 (10)
Philander not out 1 (1)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/52 (19) - 2 maidens
Pattinson 1/56 (18) - 2 maidens
Starc 1/44 (16) - 3 maidens
Lyon 1/31 (12)
Voges 1/16 (10) - 2 maidens
Hussey 1/12 (5)

It was looking like a good session before Peterson was beaten for pace by Starc, dismissed for 86 before Duminy looked to rebuild with AB but the spin of Voges troubled him and eventually was his downfall, playing all around a straight one. Hussey then struck just before tea, bowling Rudolph. It's all up to AB now if he is to put South Africa in a good position going into the final innings. With only a 130 odd run lead, South Africa will at least want to be putting 300 on the board if they want a chance of winning this game

----------

The one thing I really like about the game is that it has that arcadey type of feel in that you can get through it really fast but it doesn't actually take away from the game and still has that actual simulation feel. I think you've made a real good balance with it and you should attract most gamers with it.

@User: Hmm, that's a good point actually - I'll add an option to enable simulation from the start for exhibition games.
Also, I'm not able to select the ground. The game is always played on Eden Gardens.

Everyone loves the Eden Gardens though :p

And uh, are you sure? I could select the ground for my exhibition test match

@hedger: That comment made my day :) It's thanks to you guys that it is where it is at the moment. Hopefully the changes I've made will improve on it even more.

@User: I'll double check that, but it should be selecting a venue at random - it's possible that it's selecting Eden Gardens "randomly" every time :P I'll see if I can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread