Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
And uh, are you sure? I could select the ground for my exhibition test match
I could select it the first time I played an exhibition game where I couldn't sim. Then I could sim the game by selecting both teams as cpu but, the option to select the venue didn't appear.

lol, well I don't think any cricket game apart from this can have me playing 50+ overs at once without getting bored. (well ICC will but then again, fully simulation and overs take one second :p).

I really want to get back in the roster work just to make the game even better in that sense but I have really not paid much attention to international cricket over the past year and really wouldn't have a clue. And finding time is hard. I'm on holidays atm but will have no time over in England and I have uni next year so time will be hard to come by especially with other things preoccupying me when I have time :p

I don't get what's happening. Now, I'm not able to sim an exhibition game again. :( I set both teams as computer but, they keep on playing. And, when I click on sim buttons at the bottom, they have no effect.

Tea - Day 4

South Africa - 277/8 (108 overs)

Smith b. Hilfenhaus 21 (39)
Petersen b. Starc 86 (205)
Amla c. + Wade b. Pattinson 20 (39)
Kallis c. Hilfenhaus b. Lyon 25 (61)
de Villiers+ b. Voges 48 (131)
Duminy b. Voges 19 (42)
Rudolph b. Hussey 4 (10)
Philander b. Lyon 31 (73)
Steyn not out 8 (40)
Morkel not out 3 (10)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/73 (24) - 2 maidens
Pattinson 1/56 (18) - 2 maidens
Starc 1/46 (21) - 7 maidens
Lyon 2/40 (18)
Voges 2/21 (16) - 5 maidens
Hussey 1/12 (5)
Watson 0/13 (6) - 2 maidens

A very slow session for South Africa as it has looked like they are content to try to draw the game out as long as possible to force a draw. de Villiers looked good, before playing the sweep shot to Voges and missing a straight ball, falling two runs short of fifty. Philander looked good before flashing at a wide one and getting an edge onto his stumps for 31 a few overs before tea. Steyn, after AB's dismissal has looked solid in defence but will need to score a little quicker if he wants to make a decent score. A very tight spell from Mitchell Starc at the start of the session had the Saffers on the back foot, with Watson backing that up during the middle overs and then Voges with a very good spell towards the end of the session, keeping things tight while also taking the huge wicket of de Villiers.

With only a 197 run lead, South Africa will definitely need another 50 runs to have a good chance of securing a win and will probably need to bat out the rest of the day if they want to win this match.

----------

Also, just a note. Why isn't the new ball available? Because I certainly would like some swing going but isn't going to happen with this shitty old ball :p

But yeah, that's an issue that needs to be fixed :p

@kurtkz: Regarding the player editor, I was using it to edit the attributes of some players but it seems there's no way to change the minimum and maximum bowling speed (seems to be missing).

@itay: Doh - I've made it so that it uses generic speeds depending on the bowler type. I'll see if I can change that in the next update.

@hedger: Aaah, OK - massive oversight on my part then. I'll definitely fix that too.

South Africa 290 a.o. (114.4 overs)

Smith b. Hilfenhaus 21 (39)
Petersen b. Starc 86 (205)
Amla c. + Wade b. Pattinson 20 (39)
Kallis c. Hilfenhaus b. Lyon 25 (61)
de Villiers+ b. Voges 48 (131)
Duminy b. Voges 19 (42)
Rudolph b. Hussey 4 (10)
Philander b. Lyon 31 (73)
Steyn c. Pattinson b. Voges 11 (59)
Morkel b. Voges 3 (13)
Tahir not out 6 (18)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/73 (24) - 2 maidens
Pattinson 1/56 (18) - 2 maidens
Starc 1/46 (21) - 7 maidens
Lyon 2/51 (21) - 1 maiden
Voges 4/27 (19.4) - 5 maidens
Hussey 1/12 (5)
Watson 0/13 (6) - 2 maidens

It wasn't the end of an innings that the Saffers needed as Morkel was bowled by Voges in the first over after the tea break. Steyn and Tahir batted for a few overs afterwards, putting on 13 runs before Steyn popped the ball up for Pattinson at silly mid on and Voges had his 4th wicket.

With 210 runs to win in nearly 4 sessions, Australia will be favourites to win, but anything could happen, especially with the likes of Steyn, Morkel and Tahir in the Saffers bowling attack.

Stumps - Day 4

Australia 31/2 (15)

Cowan b. Kallis 4 (8)
Watson not out 12 (39)
Quiney b. Morkel 14 (41)
Voges not out 1 (2)

Bowling:

Philander - 0/4 (1)
Steyn - 0/13 (7) - 2 maidens
Kallis - 1/0 (1) - 1 maiden
Tahir - 0/3 (1)
Morkel - 1/11 (5) - 1 maiden

A very tough period for the Aussie batsman as the South African bowlers got off to a good start, taking the wickets of both top order left handers, Cowan and Quiney. Voges meanwhile was sent it at #4, after a century in the first innings, although maybe just was sent in as a night watchman.

Going into the final day, Australia require another 180 for victory. This partnership will be crucial. If South Africa can break it quickly, then they have a real chance of winning this game, but if these two can put on another 50+ runs, then Australia should be favourites to win the match.

----------

Sure :p

----------

Not really much of a story though. Really just giving a little brief overview of each session :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread