Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, like International Cricket Captain in that sense. And yeah, doesn't have to be any time soon. Just thought it'd be a good idea for your next major project :p

And an awesome idea it is - I was tinkering with the idea of doing a coach style mode as well, but that'll all have to wait until next year. The focus for now is on getting career mode ready to ship.

At least my plate will be full for the forseeable future :P

Agreed, simulation tweaks are next on my to-do list (along with career mode).

----------

Alrighty, just a brief run-down of the changes so far (more to come before I release):

- tweaked batting model (specifically edges)
- tweaked AI batting
- added squads for tournament/series modes (select a subset of 15 players to tour)
- added Teams view in tournaments/series where you can view player characteristics and form
- fixed various bugs (including not being able to take the new ball in tests)
- can now request a ball change if the ball is too damaged/dirty (it's important that you keep an eye on this as a badly worn ball will not swing/seam as much)
- tweaked ball-pad collisions
- tweaked pitch characteristics generation
- tweaked pitch texture generation
- simulation option when playing a quick game
- tweaked simulations
- tweaked form calculations

Cheers
K

Last edited:
Allowing to sim exhibition games?

----------

Also, can you please tell me where the IPL fixtures are located? I want to edit those..

You can find the IPL fixtures in data/domestic.bdb - it's called "T20 Premier League".

Thanks, I want to make it for 8 teams.

Code:
T20 Premier League
ind
.\textures\set_ads_ipl.ss
Bengal Tigers
Bengaluru Brave Brats
Chennai Cyborgs
Delhi Duelers
Hyderabad Hulks
Jaipur Jaguars
Mumbai Mirchis
Punjab Lions

This. What to do next? I want it to be knockout, T20.

can now request a ball change if the ball is too damaged/dirty (it's important that you keep an eye on this as a badly worn ball will not swing/seam as much)

lol, yeah, I kept looking at the damn ball condition and was just like "This ball looks like a piece of ----, let me change it" xD

@User: There's quite a bit of information that needs to change:

Code:

the first line indicates the number of games. Each subsequent line represents a match between two teams. You should only need to change the data for Round A - the rest should work as-is.

@hedger: Yeah, I've been putting off implementing that for some reason (can't remember why). It works OK now though but I might need to balance it some.

Idk, just have a point where the ball damage is too high to keep playing with it. Tbh though, the ball should be fine to play with until the 80 over mark when you can take the new ball.

@hedger: Agreed, although some might like the ball being softer - I still need to model the toughness of test match balls though. I might introduce different makes of ball.

Okay, going to play a one day match since I'm bored :p

Australia v South Africa

Australia:

1. David Warner
2. Matthew Wade+
3. Adam Voges
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Michael Hussey
6. George Bailey
7. Glenn Maxwell
8. Nathan Hauritz
9. Clint McKay
10. Mitchell Starc
11. James Pattinson

South Africa:

1. Hashim Amla
2. Graeme Smith
3. JP Duminy
4. AB de Villiers*+
5. Jacques Kallis
6. Dean Elgar
7. Albie Morkel
8. Robin Peterson
9. Wayne Parnell
10. Morne Morkel
11. Dale Steyn

Toss: Australia (Elected to Bat)

----------

Yeah, not bothering with keeping track because I'm 8/58...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread