Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch - Day 5

Australia 111/5 (46 overs) - Target 211

Cowan b. Kallis 4 (8)
Watson c. + de Villiers b. Morkel 18 (55)
Quiney b. Morkel 14 (41)
Voges not out 39 (97)
Clarke c. Amla b. Kallis 23 (39)
Hussey lbw b. Philander 2 (6)
Wade not out 11 (30)

Bowling:

Philander - 1/12 (7) - 3 maidens
Steyn - 0/40 (15) - 3 maidens
Kallis - 2/12 (7) - 3 maidens
Tahir - 0/11 (3)
Morkel - 2/36 (14) - 2 maidens

South Africa with a very strong first session performance as they seem right on top of the Australian batsmen at the moment. Watson added 6 to his overnight score before he edged Morkel through to de Villiers. Clarke played well for his 23 before top edging Kallis straight up to Amla at cover. Voges has been what Australia has needed with a very solid innings so far, backing up from his century in the first innings. Wade's looked good at the crease so far, with a few good flicks to the leg-side including one boundary.

At the moment, South Africa seem to be slightly on top, and should they get one more wicket in the next 10 overs, will be favourites to go on to win, but they will need to get out the in form batsman of Voges, you would think, if they want to win this match. His 162 ball century in the first innings with 10 boundaries shows that he is able to score runs quickly if needed and may need to if he continues to run out of partners. Wade's looked solid so far and will be looking to build a good partnership with Voges to get the team over the line.

Tea - Day 5

Australia 172/6 (74 overs) - Target 211

Cowan b. Kallis 4 (8)
Quiney b. Morkel 14 (41)
Voges not out 80 (189)
Wade c. Steyn b. Philander 31 (102)
Hilfenhaus not out 0 (4)

Bowling:

Philander - 2/18 (12) - 5 maidens
Steyn - 0/54 (21) - 5 maidens
Kallis - 2/40 (16) - 4 maidens
Tahir - 0/16 (7) - 1 maiden
Morkel - 2/44 (18) - 4 maidens

It was a difficult session for both the batsmen and bowlers. Wade fought hard for his 31 before he top edged Philander straight to Steyn at mid off. Voges is still looking in top form, heading for twin centuries on his test debut. The South African bowlers however, have not bowled well to him, bowling very wide, with Voges only scoring one run through the legside.

From here, Australia should win. Wade and Voges' partnership has put Australia right on top and with only 40 runs required from the last session with Voges still at the crease, you would fancy Australia to win from here. However, South Africa still has a chance if they can take a couple of wickets early in the final session.

End of Match

Australia 211/7 (84.5)

Cowan b. Kallis 4 (8)
Quiney b. Morkel 14 (41)
Voges not out 100 (221)
Wade c. Steyn b. Philander 31 (102)
Hilfenhaus b. Philander 2 (19)
Pattinson not out 17 (18)

Bowling:

Philander - 3/33 (17) - 8 maidens
Steyn - 0/85 (23.4) - 5 maidens
Kallis - 2/40 (16) - 4 maidens
Tahir - 0/16 (8) - 2 maidens
Morkel - 2/50 (21) - 5 maidens

With 40 runs to win and 4 wickets in hand going into the final session, the Aussies were the favourites. Voges and Hlifenhaus put on another 17 runs after the tea break before Hilfenhaus played all around a straight delivery from Philander. Pattinson was solid down one end while Voges moved towards his century finally bringing it up, to make it two centuries on test debut. With 13 runs to win, Steyn was brought back into the attack and Pattinson who had been relatively quiet until then flicked him over fine leg for 3 consecutive boundaries before nudging one onto the offside for a tight single to bring up the victory.

Australia 296 a.o. (Voges 100, Hussey 56, Morkel 3/67, Steyn 3/85) and 211/7 (Voges 100*, Wade 31, Philander 3/33, Kallis 2/40) def. South Africa 216 a.o. (Petersen 52, de Villiers 50, Hussey 2/16, Starc 2/32) and 290 a.o. (Petersen 86, de Villiers 48, Voges 4/27, Lyon 2/51) by 3 wickets

MOTM: Adam Voges (100 off 162, 100* off 221, 1/27 off 11 and 4/27 off 20)

Hmm, I'm tempted to play the second test before I go to England since I have two days but I'll probably put it off until I get back and can test a new update :p

Don't worry, I'm probably not going to play it anyway before I go. Still not sure what else I need to do to get ready to leave for England.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't release updates anyway until you're completely ready :p

And thanks :)

And lol, I just realised that I don't think I've actually tested the game in One Day games at all yet xD

I'll have to do that at some stage.

Also, a suggestion cause I did try playing a slog 5 overs before I just got bored of bowling and gave up (I was wanting to practice lofted shots since they're pretty much impossible to play in test matches without getting out :p). But anyway, when you save a lineup, it's set for any format. So I would give you two suggestions. Either save lineups for each format separately so that saving for say, test matches wouldn't change the ODI lineup at all if you pressed load so then you can just save a lineup for each format.

The second suggestion is to have actual save slots for a lineup. So if you press save, then you just choose a slot to save it in. I'd also suggest allowing us to name the fields if you do that since I'd probably save a few lineups for each format and I do have a horrible memory. For example:

Test Pace [All Pace Attack]
Test Balanced [One Spinner]
Test Spin [Two spinners]
ODI
T20

That way, I can press load and know what each of my lineups were for :p Rather than having to click load a couple of times to actually find the lineup I was looking for :p

Cheers.

And since I'll probably forget to mention this at a later date, for the domestic tournaments, I'd like there to be a tab for teams. Just so you can open up the teams page, see your team, with their batting and bowling attributes and form or whatever. And then be able to see other teams as well.

Also, have you thought about having injuries from bowling extremely long spells for bowlers or batsmen being hit in certain areas? And if you do, maybe extend that to the domestic seasons (I'd add like a full season feature for each country, being the FC and OD tournaments - considering T20 in most countries is a different competition really altogether). Anyway, yeah, then have match injuries extend to an actual injury that keeps them out for a certain period of time (depending on the severity of the injury) and then have training injuries maybe as well for injuries. I think this could be a good addition to the game. Obviously, not urgent but I'll probably forget about it soon enough so thought I would give my suggestion now. And then have an option to turn injuries on and off.

And for international series/tournaments, I'd also maybe have the option of selecting a 15 man squad for each team. Then just choose default 15 man squads for each team in each format (so for every team, you can just click auto) and then you can just change the squads you want (so make everything manual in terms of selecting all the squads). I think that would add that extra bit of realism to series. Not a huge issue atm but I would definitely be looking at that before you release the full version of the game. And if you do that, have the teams option like I have suggested for the domestic setups.

Anyway, this is tiring work so I'm heading off now :p

----------

Actually, just one more note. The Australian One Day competition is back to 50 overs a side but bowlers are still allowed to bowl 13 overs in a game (I think it's 13 anyway, don't quote me though). So you might want to change that back at some stage.

lol, well take your time. I was just trying to give you some work to do for the next month. It's no fun if it only takes you two days :p

I'm running out of suggestions though :p

Although a major project that you might want to think about at some stage (probably after your player career mode is working well) is an actual team career mode. So you have multiple seasons and players improve, decline and even retire (I'd have maybe an attribute for potential or something, a positive number meaning they're likely to improve and negative number meaning they're likely to decline which will obviously be higher when younger and turn negative around 31). And then have a player generation sort of thing that you can get in new youth players. Anyway, got to go have dinner but you see what I'm getting at and you should be able to think of other ideas to go with this.

You mean a career mode where you control the entire team? That could be doable seeing as it would be an extension of the current (broken) career mode...but that's a project for early next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread