Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kurtkz: Was playing a T20 match and noticed the field was spread out in the 6th over (one over too early).

Uhm...so remember when I said that I'd release a new update this weekend? Yeah...I might not make that deadline. Apparently changing up to 3D has required a LOT more rework than I first though. I'm going to push for a release next weekend but I can't guarantee anything at this point.

The good news is that I've found a bunch of stadia models on Sketchup - I'll see if I can import some of those for now until I can commission someone for proper ones.

Cheers
K

Please excuse the low quality stadium - it's a model I found on Google Sketchup. I'll be replacing it in time with custom stadium models (assuming I make any money from this enterprise :P ).

Last edited:
hmm, don't get excited just yet but I think I'm going to put my head down and make you a full roster of all the main countries (and affiliates if I find time). But that's probably only if my dad lets me go to the USA in January (mid Jan to mid Feb) - I will find this out tonight.

But yeah, I'm going to need something to do for 8 hours a day for that month and I can only sleep for so long so hopefully I can get some major time to do them and get some research behind them. So if I do go, then I will likely do them. Don't take my word on that though. I'll probably be too distracted to actually do anything. And also depends on whether I take my laptop over there.

So if you wouldn't mind, could you send me back my excel file and if you wouldn't mind, adding second and third club team options, since the Indian domestic arena is confusing with multiple teams for different competitions and also for overseas players since some play in both summer and winter leagues. And could you change the name of the attributes to outswing, inswing, leg cutters and off cutters. It confuses me less. And just a quick question about left arm swing bowlers. What's inswing and outswing to them? Is outswing swinging away to the offside bowling to a left hander?

Anyway, I'll tell you later whether I'll be going to the US (I might just do it if I stay home anyway but I'm more likely to procrastinate) and then later on whether I'll still continue it.

I just would like the game to have an up to date roster when it's released since I think if it doesn't, it could put people off buying it.

Also, I would look at making buying the game a further incentive than having the demo by only having the default old rosters rather than the up to date rosters in the demo. That's your choice though. It just could increase your sales a bit on this game.

----------

And finally linked you in my signature :p (Provided it saved properly)

----------

well it half saved properly... :p

hedger, that would be amazing! Deciding on what to include in the demo vs paid versions has been a major headache from the start. This is a nice idea though. Easy to implement and lots of added value to the player. Keep me posted :)

PS thanks for linking me in your sig :)

The screenshots look amazing. Stop teasing us Kurt and release it already :P

One suggestion I have is to have the buttons at the bottom (Simulate 5/10 etc.) hidden by default. They should show up only when you press a specific button (the button could act as a toggle to hide/show the buttons). This would ensure that there is even less distraction when actually playing.

^^Yep, kind of like auto-hide in Windows. That should work as well. I haven't played the newer builds so just wanted to know if the issue of the leg-side shots being difficult to play is resolved. I remember I had to bring the batsman inside the line of the pitch marker in order to make a decent contact for leg-side shots. Is that fixed? Thanks :)

Yup, that issue has been fixed :) I think I'll make a private release of the new demo tonight. I'll PM you guys as soon as it's ready.

Well my dad's being a bitch and won't email me to tell me what's going on so I'll have to wait until he does that. And I'm not sure what's in the paid version that's not in the demo version but the suggestions I would have had were only have exhibition matches in the demo and only have international teams.

Don't worry about it :) Worst case scenario we can offer it as DLC for paid users? I think the I'll probably leave only exhibition matches for the public beta. I opened all the options previously so I could get proper feedback but I think the game is mature enough now that people can get a proper feel for it from only those. Thanks for the suggestions :)

And doesn't look like I'm going over there :/

So idk, I might just do it at home in the few hours I have but I'm not even sure whether I'm going to be able to do anything. I guess it depends on whether I get over this anytime soon which I really doubt atm :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread