Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hedger: Don't worry about it :) I'll send you a PM in a bit.

----------

Alrighty, private betas are out - I should have a public beta ready this weekend. Please note that the public beta will only have exhibition matches enabled from now on. If you want access to everything you'll need to stick with the current version.

@kurtkz: In regards to running the game on an Intel integrated GFX, it is a bit slow.

Last edited:
Hmm, I was worried about that. I think it's the stadium model (it's not optimized at all). Do you have another PC you can test it on? Otherwise, can you delete files inside the \models\stadium\stadium-punjab folder please? Don't delete the folder itself though :)

Hmm, I was worried about that. I think it's the stadium model (it's not optimized at all). Do you have another PC you can test it on? Otherwise, can you delete files inside the \models\stadium\stadium-punjab folder please? Don't delete the folder itself though :)

Testing it on another PC with a graphics card on it and it runs smoothly.

@kurtkz: Here's some feedback so far:
There's is an issue where occasional freezing happens where the batsman, bowlers or fielders don't move (workaround was to simulate 1 over)

Batsmen view - using the current controls is confusing when batting. Would it be possible to tweak the controls so that if I play a cover drive in batsman view it should be the 'e' button (instead of the 'z' button by default)?

Bowlers view - found it hard to see the length of the delivery when batting and whether the batsman is actually advancing down the pitch

Birds eye view - I actually preferred the old 'close up' birds eye view (just showing the pitch and the batsman).

Batting in first class/test matches:
- I'm still leaving quite a few deliveries from right-arm off-spinners and pace bowlers when batting right-handed (maybe you could further tweak the AI to force batsman to play a bit more often)
or:
- Since scoring rate is quite slow (most of the time under 3 an over), maybe you could increase the batsman 'settled' meter when leaving deliveries (but the increase should be smaller than when the batsman plays the ball).

- Batsman inside edge a lot of deliveries when playing defensive shots, even perfectly timed ones (when they are somewhat 'settled' but the focus meter is low), maybe the probability of an edge could be determined by how settled the batsman is and possibly stamina? (once the batsman has settled in)

- A lot of runs are scored in either boundaries or singles (this is in beginner difficulty so far, but very rarely do I get 2s or 3s)

- Batting against spinners is still difficult (even on beginner difficulty)

Bowling in first class/test matches
- A lot of dismissals when bowling in one inning were mostly LBW (for fast bowlers) or bowled (for spinners), I only had one batsman dismissed in the slips.

Net practice:
- the option to get a leg-spinner to bowl can't be selected

EDIT: The option to select what length for the net bowler to bowl (when facing off-spin) isn't available either.

Last edited:
Thanks itay, I'll take a look at those issues before I release the public beta. Excellent feedback :)

In addition, got this error log while playing a game of beach cricket (after a dismissal):

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameObject.CommentaryManager.GetEventCommentary(BallStatistics ball, GameInstance instance) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\CommentaryManager.cs:line 995
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 4690
at Cricket.Main.GameStateFallOfWicket.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateFallOfWicket.cs:line 229
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11107
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2953

Aaah, thanks again - I haven't added end of game commentary for beach cricket yet. I'll add that to the public release.

QQ - when you bowled the batsman with spin, did they play across the line? Also, for the lbw decisions against the batsman, were they playing across the line?

Sorry for all the questions, just one more :) What level were you playing on?

Aaah, thanks again - I haven't added end of game commentary for beach cricket yet. I'll add that to the public release.

QQ - when you bowled the batsman with spin, did they play across the line? Also, for the lbw decisions against the batsman, were they playing across the line?

Sorry for all the questions, just one more :) What level were you playing on?

The batsman were playing across the line for the LBWs against pace bowlers and bowled trying to drive down the ground against the spinners (both on beginner difficulty)

@itay: Perfect! Thanks for the feedback, I think I've fixed most of it for now. I'll do another round of testing, upload another pre-release for you guys tonight and then release the public version tomorrow.

So far, I've simmed a few T20 matches. One thing I've noticed is free hits not being made use of at all. Mostly it is a dot or a single. I think the probability of 4 and 6 for the free hit should be increased.

Good to see the testing goes on without me :p

Couple of weeks and I'll be right back into the testing and maybe even rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread