Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hedger: I'll remove them and the Saffer ones in the next update.

@Pat: Hmm, I'm not sure why it would be slower...the only thing I can think of is the weird resolution I set. Try resetting the resolution in the Visual options menu?

Also, does the black screen stay there or is it only temporary?

EDIT: Could you also try to switch off GLSL shaders in the Launcher? And maybe try running the Release version?

Last edited:
@hedger: I'll remove them and the Saffer ones in the next update.

@Pat: Hmm, I'm not sure why it would be slower...the only thing I can think of is the weird resolution I set. Try resetting the resolution in the Visual options menu?

Also, does the black screen stay there or is it only temporary?

EDIT: Could you also try to switch off GLSL shaders in the Launcher? And maybe try running the Release version?

Black screen stays there forever. I made a short video:

Cricket Heroes 2.07 - YouTube

I am running the game on 1366X768 resoultion. Will try it on a lower resolution.

Also, the game gets stuck on this screen for quite some time just before the match is about to start (please see attachment)

Attachments

• Cricket - Release 2012-12-29 13-49-18-11.jpg
    Cricket - Release 2012-12-29 13-49-18-11.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3
Ignore the above. I started by creating a new installation right from 2.0 Full and incrementally applied all patches. Also, restarted my machine. It works fine now. Did you change the default camera angle? The default one is now zoomed in. I like the far bowler camera but would love to have the default one from 2.06 as well. Can you add that as an additional angle in your next patch? :)

I will give feedback on this after I play with it for a while. Just so I understand, we still cannot change the "Auto" default lineups for all teams in the current release, right?

Aaah yes, I forgot about the auto default lineups. I'll add that today and re-release. Yeah I made the camera more static. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.

That's really weird about the slowdown - maybe I'm not cleaning up everything properly when the game exits...

Also I just saw the bail floating bug. I think I know whats causing it.

Hi guys,

I'm just doing some last minute testing before I upload again. This is what the change log looks like currently:

- fixed floating bails bug
- fixed bug where fielders would freeze when the ball stops at the base of the stumps
- optimized stadium model and loading
- fixed transitions in lineup selection screens
- improved clean up of assets when the game terminates
- removed Export buttons from tournament view (this information is already stored in the reports and commentary folders and you can take screenshots by pressing F12)
- improved cloud generation & transforms
- removed near and far boundary cameras
- changed existing camera parameters
- added customisable cameras (camera.cfg)
- adjusted ball bounce
- squads are not selected for LA games either
- can SET default lineups/batting orders for teams (per format)
- old South African and Australian players have been locked

If there's something missing from that list please let me know and I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Cheers
K

From the back of my mind, I can only think of Field Settings issue (after loading) and classic games. Are these 2 fixed?

Thanks, Pat - I forgot about those 2. I'll fix up the fields, but I'm going to hold off on re-importing the classic matches until I can come up with a bigger list as I need to link them (playing one unlocks another).

Thanks, Pat - I forgot about those 2. I'll fix up the fields, but I'm going to hold off on re-importing the classic matches until I can come up with a bigger list as I need to link them (playing one unlocks another).

That makes sense. I will see if I can come up with some classic matches by tomorrow.

Thanks, Pat :) If you can PM me a list of matches you'd like to see revisited, I can find them on cricinfo and import them.

----------

@Pat: Hmm, I can't reproduce the field editor bug -

1. start match where RHB is batting
2. set & save field
3. start match where LHB is batting
4. load field

It sets the field correctly for me...did I miss out on any steps?

Last edited:
Thanks, Pat :) If you can PM me a list of matches you'd like to see revisited, I can find them on cricinfo and import them.

----------

@Pat: Hmm, I can't reproduce the field editor bug -

1. start match where RHB is batting
2. set & save field
3. start match where LHB is batting
4. load field

It sets the field correctly for me...did I miss out on any steps?

This was it. The only difference is that in my case, the field was set in one of the earlier releases than the one in which it was loaded. Will check again and let you know.

Hi guys,

v2.08 is now available. Changelog:

- fixed floating bails bug
- fixed bug where fielders would freeze when the ball stops at the base of the stumps
- optimized stadium model and loading
- fixed transitions in lineup selection screens
- improved clean up of assets when the game terminates
- removed Export buttons from tournament view (this information is already stored in the reports and commentary folders and you can take screenshots by pressing F12)
- improved cloud generation & transforms
- removed near and far boundary cameras
- changed existing camera parameters
- added customisable cameras (camera.cfg)
- adjusted ball bounce
- squads are not selected for LA games either
- can SET default lineups/batting orders for teams (per format)
- old South African and Australian players have been locked

Any questions, comments or request - you know where to find me :)

Cheers
K

Hi Kurt,
Can you please tell me what values I should set in camera.cfg to get the angles exactly like in 2.06? Is it possible to make the camera angle dynamic through the cfg file like it was in 2.06?

Unfortunately the camera isn't dynamic anymore but I'll readd that funcionality in the next update. Maybe just a flag to indicate whether or not its dynamic.

That will be great. Unfortunately, I am still getting black screens and unplayable fps frequently. When that happens, I quit the game and restart it. After about 2-3 restarts, the game works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread