Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very addictive game this can't stop playing it!(although crap at it). :D A big hand to Kurt for this great game and keeping us updated every time. :clap

@singhb: Thanks for the kind words, there's more updates coming up shortly :) Try setting the difficulty to either Easy or Normal until you get the hang of things ;)

Just thought I'd share some pics for those who haven't seen career mode yet. The UI is very cluttered atm and it's definitely something I need to revisit, but for now it seems to work. I'm currently testing completing a full season...

View screenshot album

----------

Oh, forgot to mention what's been implemented in career mode so far:

- batting & bowling (obviously ;) )
- leveling up & spending points on skills
- training affects physique & skills
- real medical injuries - affected by bowling, batting, being hit on the body and quality of your equipment
- form & popularity
- money & equipment shopping
- multiple series in a season
- comprehensive stats tracking

What I'm working on now:

- end-of-season transfers
- multiple seasons

On the roadmap:

- more club/provincial teams for SA
- club/provincial teams for all other countries
- international callups/invitational teams/warmup matches

Cheers
K

Very addictive game this can't stop playing it!(although crap at it). :D A big hand to Kurt for this great game and keeping us updated every time. :clap

Very true. I don't get enough time to play these days, but whenever I do, I try to sneak in a quick T20 match and it's fun. Thanks Kurt.

I haven't played this game for a while but I'm in love

My pace is slowing down a bit, but I've managed to get more work done on career mode:

- end-of-season transfers (to clubs in the same league)
- aging & retirement
- recurring seasons (in the same league)

Next up:

- transferring to teams in higher leagues

Alrighty, some more progress:

- teams in higher leagues now offer you contracts (club B -> club A -> provincial B -> provincial A)

To-do:

- selection to invitational squads to play against international teams
- selection to national squads

Noteworthy:

I've decided to open career mode for a single series (without saving) to those who haven't bought a copy. This should give you a feel for what career mode is like.

That being said, there's tons of work still to be done. The UI needs refactoring and everything needs to be balanced.

Okay, I'm stuck. Sri Lanka's bloody domestic structure is just too complex. Too many teams, too many tournaments, different teams for each tournament and just really confusing. Need someone to really help with that.

West Indies, squads aren't even released for the new season.. Will probably need to wait another week or so until the season start is only a couple of days away.

Pakistan, the leagues are simple enough but there are different teams for the FC and OD formats and there's 14 teams in the FC league and 10 in the OD league so that's even worse than England... Not to mention I can't even get the squads for the teams and have to use the league statistics to open that and then if I do that, there'll be injured players that I'll miss and it wouldn't be good.

India, well it's confusing the fearsome tweak out of me as well x_x

Bangladesh. Well cricinfo says they don't even have a One Day league...

So that leaves Zimbabwe and well, I guess I'll do them.

That's perfect, thanks, hedger. I think you've covered the major leagues. I'll redo the editor at some point in the future so that whoever wants to recreate the other leagues can do so.

idk what to do about players though. Unless somebody wants to give me a list of say the top 50-100 players for each nation.

Either way, I'm doing Zimbabwe and then I'll finish off all the associate players and then decide on what to do next.

I think I'll just go with the current international players for the time being then expand to the fringe players.

btw, how long will it be until you release the next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread