Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback, hedger, I really appreciate it. I'll try to fix up the issues you raised in this playtest and release tonight or tomorrow. I'll also start putting up your playtests on the website :)

Tea - Day 2

New South Wales - 67/2 (23 overs)

D Dawson c. C Hartley+ b. C Gannon 4 (2)
S Henry not out 31 (61)
N Maddinson c. C Hartley+ b. B Cutting 23 (48)
P Nevill not out 9 (37)

Bowling:

C Gannon 6-0-1-17
B Cutting 6-0-1-33
L Feldman 8-2-0-15
N Hauritz 3-2-0-2

Even session. Dawson hit Gannon's first ball to the fence but could only edge the next ball through to Hartley. Cutting was very expensive as Henry, in particular took to him. Feldman replaced him to keep it tight at one end before Cutting came back on and got the edge of Maddinson. Hauritz bowled a few overs at the end and was very tight, not giving the batsmen anything.

Stumps - Day 2

New South Wales - 183/8 (63 overs)

S Henry c. C Hartley+ b. L Feldman 34 (59)
P Nevill c. N Hauritz b. C Gannon 20 (54)
B Rohrer c. C Hartley+ b. B Cutting 23 (53)
B Haddin b. C Boyce 17 (31)
M Henriques c. N Hauritz b. C Gannon 24 (39)
S O'Keefe b. C Gannon 23 (58)
A Zampa not out 10 (33)
T Copeland not out 1 (1)

Bowling:

C Gannon 18-0-4-56
B Cutting 12-0-2-51
L Feldman 16-3-1-29
N Hauritz 11-4-0-16
C Boyce 6-2-1-27

Gannon has ripped through the NSW batting order with 4 wickets and really put them on the back foot. Hauritz took 2 good catches at second slip to get rid of Nevill and Henriques. Boyce had an up and down day, taking a wicket with his first ball, Haddin playing around a straight one, but the leg spinner conceded a few boundaries. Feldman and Hauritz kept it very tight while Cutting was expensive but took the big wicket of Rohrer. Queensland should be looking to bowl NSW out in the first session tomorrow and then look to bat until the third session of the day before sending NSW into bat again.

The game does seem a little better. I think batsmen just become too relaxed as they get settled. Everyone except Dawson made starts and looked comfortable before an edge came out of the blue. So I'd just make the batsmen concentrate a little more when they reach that 20 mark. Of course, bowlers, you can just leave it the same as they can lose concentration easily around then but batsmen shouldn't.

The AI doesn't seem to want to play against the off-spin bowling and defend pretty much 5 or 6 balls an over. The leg spinner as well was hard enough to play, Boyce just had a couple of expensive overs with a few boundaries. And considering I'm setting them a field with a long on and deep square leg with a mid-wicket being the only player on the legside inside the circle, they should be looking for more singles on that side.

----------

And yeah, I should have got Sussex done tonight but oh well, got too sidetracked testing :p I'll try getting them done in the morning though.

End of Innings

New South Wales - 228 a.o. (76.1 overs)

S Henry c. C Hartley+ b. L Feldman 34 (59)
P Nevill c. N Hauritz b. C Gannon 20 (54)
B Rohrer c. C Hartley+ b. B Cutting 23 (53)
B Haddin b. C Boyce 17 (31)
M Henriques c. N Hauritz b. C Gannon 24 (39)
S O'Keefe b. C Gannon 23 (58)
A Zampa c. J Burns b. N Hauritz 37 (59)
T Copeland not out 19 (50)
D Bollinger c. C Hartley+ b. B Cutting 0 (4)

Bowling:

C Gannon 20-0-4-71
B Cutting 16.1-1-3-55
L Feldman 20-5-1-42
N Hauritz 14-4-1-29
C Boyce 6-2-1-27

Well it took way too long to bowl them out. Zampa and Copeland did well to keep NSW in it, before Zampa defended Hauritz only to pop the ball up, with Burns having enough time to get to it from slip. Bollinger wasn't able to do much with the bat though, as he just prodded at an angled in delivery and edged it through to Hartley.

And actually, about the edges. It's not too bad, just angling in to a left hander from around the wicket always seems to get an edge behind.

Sussex finished so just Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Yorkshire to go, then will finish Scotland, Netherlands and Unicorns and probably just add the final Irish players as well.

Tea - Day 3

Queensland - 105/2 (25 overs)

J Burns not out 52 (76)
W Townsend lbw M Henriques 14 (23)
U Khawaja c. T Copeland b. M Henriques 20 (25)
P Forrest not out 18 (26)

Bowling:

D Bollinger - 7-0-0-32
T Copeland 7-1-0-26
M Henriques 7-2-2-18
S O'Keefe 2-0-0-13
A Zampa 2-0-0-15

Burns has continued his good form to score half centuries in both innings as he's hit 6 fours in his 52. The bowlers have struggled to contain the Queensland batsmen, except Henriques who has done a good job with the ball. A declaration will probably come towards the end of the day.

----------

Another random crash.

Code:
RUN @ 24/01/2013 6:34:17 PM

VERSION: 2.16
PROFILE: Hedger

MESSAGE: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

STACK TRACE:    at Tao.OpenGl.Imports.End()
   at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glEnd()
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 9605
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 12056
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3504

Thanks hedger, it looks like that error popped up when it tried to draw the rough on the pitch. I'll see if I can fix that up before I release a new patch.

Stumps - Day 3

Queensland - 235/7 dec. (59 overs)

J Burns b. S O'Keefe 77 (118)
W Townsend lbw M Henriques 14 (23)
U Khawaja c. T Copeland b. M Henriques 20 (25)
P Forrest c. S Henry b. A Zampa 32 (44)
N Hauritz c. S Henry b. D Bollinger 10 (13)
C Lynn c. T Copeland b. D Bollinger 31 (54)
C Hartley not out 33 (58)
B Cutting c. N Maddinson b. M Henriques 16 (18)
L Feldman not out 1 (1)

Bowling:

D Bollinger - 15-0-2-68
T Copeland 7-1-0-26
M Henriques 8-2-3-29
S O'Keefe 15-3-1-51
A Zampa 14-0-1-60

The Queensland batsmen put on another 130 runs in the final session, wickets falling regularly to stop them from putting on even more. With 318 runs needed to win, New South Wales will have a chance if they can score at around 4 runs an over otherwise it seems like Queensland will have to bowl NSW out for any chance of a result. Gannon will be looking to put in another good performance with the ball and the spinners will have to do a job in the second innings.

Also, loading saved games. If you load a game halfway through the over, the bowler sometimes will change. Cause I remember saving halfway through a Zampa over and then Henriques was bowling when I reloaded the game.

----------

lol, just had the keeper drop a catch but it just popped up for first slip, who caught it xD

Lunch - Day 4

New South Wales - 81/7 (21 overs)

D Dawson c. J Burns b. C Gannon 11 (11)
S Henry c. N Hauritz b. L Feldman 22 (35)
N Maddinson c. J Burns b. L Feldman 11 (22)
P Nevill c. J Burns b. C Boyce 16 (23)
B Rohrer c. C Hartley+ b. L Feldman 2 (8)
B Haddin c. C Lynn b. L Feldman 9 (12)
M Henriques not out 2 (3)
S O'Keefe c. J Burns b. C Boyce 1 (4)
A Zampa not out 7 (8)

Bowling:

C Gannon - 6-0-1-25
B Cutting - 3-0-0-13
L Feldman - 8-0-4-35
C Boyce 4-1-2-8

New South Wales are falling apart. Burns has had a field day at first slip, taking 4 catches. Feldman and Boyce has ripped through the batting lineup though. Henry and Nevill provided some resistance but both couldn't go on, Henry edging Feldman to second slip where the skipper took a good catch and Nevill popped a ball up and Burns managed to get to the ball and take the catch. It seems all over for NSW but what can Henriques and Zampa do.

I find the ball pops up too much. Both of Boyce's wickets were balls that popped up and Burns ran to a silly point to catch it. You could probably fix that by making someone fielding at a slip harder to move quickly from a standing still position but otherwise, idk. And two of the wickets were also pop-ups, which went to first slip running in and a gully who also ran in a few steps to catch it. So you probably just need to reduce how much that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread