Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, wtf.

I set myself as a left handed batsman, and a right arm off-spin bowler. Yet, I'm a right handed batsman and bowling left arm seam, with an off-cutter as my only delivery?

Oi ve - thanks for the feedback hedger, I'll take a look at that in a minute. Not sure where it's going wrong but it should be a quick fix.

----------

QQ - I'm trying to figure out how to balance getting paid a salary with not allowing the player to purchase the most expensive gear up front...any ideas?

I considered implementing a Quality of Life slider that trades off between money and health, but it seems contrived?

I also considered having a minimum level/skill for better equipment but that also seems contrived...

Anyone have any ideas?

Either way, took 3/25 off 4. All wickets caught at point from batsman trying to play pull shots... I think the batsman tried to play to where the ball pitched rather than thinking about the angle at all.

Thanks hedger, you're quite right the AI doesn't put enough stock in the angle of the delivery. I've tweaked it now so hopefully it'll be a bit better. I just need to test the fixes for career mode quickly and then I'll upload the patch.

And lol, you need to fix altering skills in career mode. I just gave myself 100% in every single attribute by just clicking + and it didn't stop me from increasing everything...

----------

Scored 8 off 3 and took 0/15 off 4 in my second game.

Hi guys,

this is just a quick update which should:

- fix the 2 crashes that hedger raised
- fix the character creation for all-rounders
- AI should be more selective with shots

Patch v2.17

Cheers
K

----------

And lol, you need to fix altering skills in career mode. I just gave myself 100% in every single attribute by just clicking + and it didn't stop me from increasing everything...

Hmm, do you remember what you did when you were able to max everything out? I'm struggling to reproduce it :/

Okay, cool. And just deciding to go back to Domestic again. Playing with Queensland this time though :p

New South Wales vs Queensland

NSW:

1. David Dawson
2. Scott Henry
3. Nic Maddinson
4. Peter Nevill
5. Ben Rohrer
6. Brad Haddin+
7. Moises Henriques
8. Steve O'Keefe*
9. Adam Zampa
10. Trent Copeland
11. Doug Bollinger

QLD:

1. Joe Burns
2. Wade Townsend
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Peter Forrest
5. Chris Lynn
6. Chris Hartley+
7. Nathan Hauritz*
8. Ben Cutting
9. Luke Feldman
10. Cameron Gannon
11. Cameron Boyce

Toss: Queensland won the toss and elected to bat

----------

and I thought you said you had changed it so that it would show their altered stat for that format. Cause it still showed Townsend as 53 batting despite having his +14 for FC. Idk whether it means the game hasn't taken it into account at all or it just isn't showing it.

Yeah, and then when choosing your batsman in-game as well.

----------

and not sure whether it's just this field but the ball just stops completely, it seems. At least glancing down to fine leg.

----------

Lunch - Day 1

J Burns not out 24 (56)
W Townsend run out (N Maddinson) 2 (6)
U Khawaja c. A Zampa b. T Copeland 15 (45)
P Forrest not out 0 (19)

Bowling:

D Bollinger 7-1-0-15
T Copeland 5-2-1-5
M Henriques 7-2-0-19
S O'Keefe 2-0-0-2

Tough time batting. Hard to score runs. Burns has finally started to get going but Forrest is having a lot of trouble.

----------

and not sure whether it's just this field but the ball just stops completely, it seems. At least glancing down to fine leg.

And think that's only for leg glances and sweep shots.

----------

And lmfao. I played a straight drive which pulled up a little before the boundary but there was a deep cover who was running around and then slid along the boundary and then the ball didn't even reach him so he had to get up and walk forward two metres to pick it up xD

Aaah Ok, I think its just the display then. The modified values are used by the engine. I'll take a look at the field issue as well. just have a meeting quickly

And there's been a few too many 4 overthrows as well. Because I'll just do a small push out to mid on and run a single and then they throw the ball to the right of the keeper and goes for four..

----------

Tea - Day 1

Queensland - 115/4 (43 overs)

J Burns lbw. A Zampa 58 (111)
P Forrest not out 34 (77)
C Lynn c. P Nevill b. A Zampa 5 (17)
C Hartley not out 0 (2)

Bowling:

D Bollinger 11-1-0-19
T Copeland 6-2-1-7
M Henriques 7-2-0-19
S O'Keefe 11-1-0-33
A Zampa 8-0-2-36

And 43 overs bowled in two sessions is just not enough, especially when 17 were bowled by spinners in that last session and only 22 overs were bowled.

After Townsend was run out early in the first session, and Khawaja edged Copeland to slip later in the session, Queensland were struggling at lunch. But a strong performance from Burns and Forrest has put Queensland back in a good position, Burns playing the spinners well back down the ground and through mid-wicket and cover, hitting 5 boundaries in his 58 before shuffling across his stumps and the leg spinner trapped him in front. Lynn looked good at the crease before chipping a ball to Nevill at mid wicket and now Forrest needs to go on to make a big score if Queensland are to make a big total.

----------

Batting seems so much better though. Just easy enough to score runs but easy enough to lose your wicket if you lose concentration. Only suggestion is that leaving the ball should increase your settled meter rather than just leave it at the same.

And also, I think spinners bowl a bit too much after they are introduced into the attack, at least from what I saw.

----------

And I just lofted a ball down the legside and got caught at short-leg... And I hit it pretty well as well, despite only seeing it for half a second.

But yeah, just loading it from where I last saved it :p

Stumps - Day 1

Queensland - 208/7 (82 overs)

P Forrest c. B Haddin+ b. D Bollinger 40 (98)
C Hartley c. S Henry b. S O'Keefe 16 (38)
N Hauritz not out 50 (116)
B Cutting c. M Henriques b. T Copeland 10 (21)
L Feldman not out 10 (40)

Bowling:

D Bollinger 19-3-1-33
T Copeland 11-2-2-24
M Henriques 12-3-0-28
S O'Keefe 21-2-1-51
A Zampa 19-0-2-70

An even session. Runs came slowly and New South Wales picked up a few wickets, but some very good batting from Hauritz, bringing up his fifty just before stumps. Forrest was unlucky, as he went to defend a ball just outside off-stump and edged it through to Haddin for 40. Hartley and Cutting played poor shots, as they were unable to keep the ball along the ground but weren't trying to go over the infield, caught at mid wicket and mid on respectively.

End of Innings

Australia - 311 a.o. (99 overs)

P Forrest c. B Haddin+ b. D Bollinger 40 (98)
C Hartley c. S Henry b. S O'Keefe 16 (38)
N Hauritz c. S Henry b. A Zampa 141 (183)
B Cutting c. M Henriques b. T Copeland 10 (21)
L Feldman lbw D Bollinger 10 (41)
C Gannon c. B Haddin+ b. M Henriques 3 (6)
C Boyce not out 9 (28)

Bowling:

D Bollinger 25-4-2-62
T Copeland 11-2-2-24
M Henriques 14-3-1-35
S O'Keefe 27-3-1-82
A Zampa 22-0-3-106

Well Hauritz absolutely slaughtered the spinners. He hit 13 fours and 2 sixes, both back over the bowler's head as he added 91 to his overnight score, coming in only 67 balls, before he finally swept Zampa straight to Henry at square leg who took a good catch running back. It didn't look good for Queensland though after Feldman got a beautiful inswinging yorker from Bollinger and was plumb in front of the wicket. Gannon looked alright before he edged Henriques through to Haddin, but Boyce supported Hauritz as he put Queensland in a much better position, scoring over 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread