Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kurtkz: Game clock is moving too fast in when speed is set to 'slow' (in the recent patch), only managed to get 18 overs in a session of a Test match.

Last edited:
You realise I pointed that out as well... And the final session is too long as well btw. So you need to fix that up and get the times better.

@kurtkz: Got this error log after completing the 80th over of the first innings of a test match. There was also one instance where the bowler bowls two overs in a row as well (this time in management mode).

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Stack`1.Peek()
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 9233
at Cricket.Main.GameStateModalDialog.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateModalDialog.cs:line 105
at Cricket.Main.GameStateModalDialog.Show() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateModalDialog.cs:line 182
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.AddState(GameState newState, Boolean ignoreAll) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 8491
at Cricket.Main.GameState.SwitchState(Boolean terminate, GameState newState) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameState.cs:line 261
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.NextBall() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 4419
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 7691
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 15910
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 12159
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3504

As hedger mentioned, the final session is way too long (it was almost 8pm on the game clock when the crash happened)

Last edited:
Hi Kurt,
I noticed that the game speed is different in different modes. T20 is considerably slower on Fast speed setting. However, when I started career mode and went out to bat, the speed (on the same "Fast" setting) was super fast. I had to make it slow to make the career mode playable. Can you please check this? If possible make T20 (and all other modes) as fast as career mode :P

I still can't remember what swing is for left arm bowlers. Is outswing for a left handed batsman swinging away from a left handed batsman or right handed batsman?

----------

And I've done it so far that outswing for a left handed bowler is outswing to a left handed batsman so if it's not that, can you flip it around?

I still can't remember what swing is for left arm bowlers. Is outswing for a left handed batsman swinging away from a left handed batsman or right handed batsman?

----------

And I've done it so far that outswing for a left handed bowler is outswing to a left handed batsman so if it's not that, can you flip it around?

@hedger: Outswing for a left handed bowler swings away from a left handed batsman.

Just to clarify my last post regarding game speeds, this happens only when you select "Quick Match" option. If I start a New Game and select T20 format, the game plays fine. But the game stutters a lot when selecting Quick Match (especially when the ball goes into the outfield, the game slows down a lot).

Also it seems that bowlers do too much running in the outfield. I had a dab shot played on the off-side. The bowler was chasing it till the ball had almost reached the boundary line even though there was a cover and deep-cover (who stood stationery).

Another thing I noticed is that the squads are completely messed up. When selecting "Auto" on lineup selection, it only selects 5-6 players from the list and OK button is enabled. If I press OK, it adds all the old (retired) players in the playing XI (who are not even in the lineup selection screen). Confirmed this for England (had G. Thorpe playing a T20) and India (Azharuddin and Raju added automatically).

@Pat: Yup, I think I've solved the speed issue now (I think). I also picked up that team selection bug. I think that's fixed now too :)

I'll definitely check out the bowler fielding bug. I've tweaked the fielding as well, so I think that might be resolved too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread