Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be...I don't have access to a Win8 machine at the moment. Maybe I should upgrade. Hmm :spy

Are there possible configurations in the video card I need to look at...although my flightsim and other cricket games work fine....

Nah it shouldn't be. The menus work fine so I'm not sure why it's not working. I also don't know why net practice crashes for you - the files are all there...can you send me the error-log text file in the game folder please? Maybe there's something in there.

Nah it shouldn't be. The menus work fine so I'm not sure why it's not working. I also don't know why net practice crashes for you - the files are all there...can you send me the error-log text file in the game folder please? Maybe there's something in there.

Is that in the report folder? Unfortunately there is nowt in there and I cannot to start up the game at all any more.......

It could be...I don't have access to a Win8 machine at the moment. Maybe I should upgrade. Hmm :spy

@kurtkz: Well, I'm testing the game on Windows 8 (so you probably won't have to yet) :)

EDIT: Tested the pitch editor and noticed a few issues:
- I added a new venue and saved it but the venue did not appear when choosing a venue
- Had to type the stadium name backwards to spell the name correctly

Last edited:
Hey Kurt, Just downloaded the new Full version and got this error while trying to do some net practice:
RUN @ 7/04/2013 5:06:24 PM

VERSION: 2.51
PROFILE: Ray

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.Apply()
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.BlitSprite3DAlpha(String name, String animation, Int32 frame, Single x, Single y, Single a)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Pitch.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

@plexus: hmm, Dutchad had the same issue. I think I forgot a file. Can you try a quick match? That should generate the file. I'll push out another small patch later with the missing file.

----------

@itay: Thanks, I'm going to check it out in a bit.

@plexus: hmm, Dutchad had the same issue. I think I forgot a file. Can you try a quick match? That should generate the file. I'll push out another small patch later with the missing file.

Just playing a quick match now, everything is working as normal, even if slower then it has been.

Hi guys,

I've just uploaded another patch:

Download

Changelog:

- fixed editors (names aren't reversed anymore)
- added missing pitch texture
- tweaked field settings in tests
- tweaked experience in career mode
- tweaked AI batting against spinners

Cheers
K

@plexus: I've set the default speed to Normal now. If that's too slow for you try Fast.

@Dutchad: do you mind downloading this patch and testing net practice? I've included the missing file.

@itay: Are you using the permissions fix one? If so, can you delete the folder %APPDATA%\Cricket Heroes? That should force it to use the correct game data folder and will make the editor changes appear.

Hey when I run the editors an error shows up that it is not a valid Win32 application..

----------

and when I run in compability mode, the error shows up that input strings are'nt in a correct format... :facepalm

----------

still nothing happens when I hit the permission fix.exe :(

----------

just figured out that in task manager the process starts and terminates itself... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread