Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both - the higher the deterioration the faster rough will build up and the bigger the puffs of dust when the ball disturbs the surface.

Thanks for fixing the slowness Kurt, the laginess and stuttering of the game seems to have gone with the shadows reduced.

Im still having problems trying to figure out how to time a shot. If I play on the easiest, I can hit everything but as soon as I go to normal, I cant hit anything.
I try pressing the direction button just before the ball hits the ground and the 'timing gauge' tells me im late, I press the button as the ball leaves the bowlers hand and its still classed as late. It seems impossible to hit any kind of hook shot too.

Got any tips or anything that may explain the batting part properly?

In between release and pitching is usually your best bet. And hooking, you've gotta get a ball that's really short. I have managed to pull it off a few times

Um Kurt, who's Umpire #12?

----------

Can you change the sound when the scorecard pops up at the end of the over? It almost sounds like a fart

----------

I just played a drive that hit the stumps, by the time long on returned the ball the stumps were halfway to the boundary

----------

I'm playing a T20 as Australia against Bangladesh, I've got Warner and Watson settled and now I'm hitting everything for 90m sixes. On pro. Surely it shouldn't be quite this easy.

And there are some quite full balls bouncing over the stumps, while it is the gabba half of these should be hitting

----------

I will add that most of these sixes are coming from early timing, but only just off perfect. Oooh look hit one 91 metres now.

I'd like to see something between balls, cause the ball goes 90 metres and then it just snaps to the next ball (and half the time the ball doesn't hit the ground). So something like the old pop up things like this:
notice6.png

would be good

And when I'm hitting the ball 90+ metres, the camera moves back constantly to stay behind the ball. That includes going under the stands. It should stop moving at the boundary line and then rotate to follow the ball imo.

Also want to see some sort of celebration upon reaching a milestone. Just realised Warner's on 120

----------

I think the timing for the lofted front foot straight drive needs adjusting, I'm playing it early when I play it when the ball is practically past me.

Is there a way to charge down the pitch? If not there needs to be before release

And the version info down the bottom is hiding the man at a wide long off. How about swapping the field and clock and having the clock and version next to each other?

----------

Unless the swing is at least 20 it is not evident, just had Starc bowl an outswinger (to a left hander) from over the wicket, pitching on a shortish length a little way outside off, it ended up hitting the batsman outside leg

----------

What kind of field settings do I need so that I can keep the field for the bowler, not for the bowler and the batman?

----------

Just brought Cameron White on for an over of legspin, and this is what I get
capturepse.png

That arrow isn't exactly pointing the right way (well it is pointing right, but that's wrong)

----------

The ball was hit to the feet of the fielder at cover, who decided to dive for it. Moron gave away an easy single.

And the rate at which the movement/speed bars increment should be the same for everyone. You have someone who can give you 1 movement and it takes forever to reach the one, I mean for crying out loud I only want one why not give it to mean sometime this year?

----------

It's the seventh over and I can't put more than two men outside the circle, good thing I'm defending 400+

----------

I got to the eighth over and I could change the field

For the first option for a bowler's delivery type, it should be straight for seamers and leg break for leg spinners and off break for off spinners, not leg cutter for seamers, flipper for leggies and top spinner for offies

----------

I need to leave, so I want to finish the game quickly so I go menu, simulation, innings. And it keeps bringing me back to play the game every 4 overs

----------

Warner made 256* and I won by nearly 300 runs but I did not get any achievements, I should have got the score a century, score a 200, score 200 in a t20 and win a t20 by 50 runs achievements.

----------

And why are Australia playing a T20 in whites? I'll do up some proper textures if you want

Your on fire DM!! I agree with a lot of what you've said there :yes

----------

Kurt, Just got this error after downloading and installing the new 2.53 patch like I normally would and running the 'permission-fix' EXE.

RUN @ 8/04/2013 12:08:10 PM

VERSION: 2.53
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rairey\Desktop\Full\textures\set_ribbon.ss'.

STACK TRACE: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at Utility.XML.XMLParser.Parse(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.LoadSpriteSheet(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet..ctor(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.AddSpriteSheet(String key)
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Your on fire DM!!

That's completely normal, I play and just type anything and everything I think of

----------

I think from memory you don't have to run the permission fix anymore, as it's been integrated into the main one now. Just give it a shot

Kurt, Just downloaded the newest 2.51 Full version off the website and installed the 2.53 patch, loaded up the net practice, went to take my first swing and it crashed and came up with the following:
RUN @ 8/04/2013 1:39:11 PM

VERSION: 2.53
PROFILE: ta

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

I dont know if it helps, but there wasnt any textures on the pitch before it crashed.

----------

One other thing to I wanted to point out, Ive noticed the Batsman dont slide their bats when they have reached the crease when they are running, you notice it more so during a 3rd umpire decision, the bat just kind of stays held in the air.

Kurt, Just downloaded the newest 2.51 Full version off the website and installed the 2.53 patch

There's a 2.52 patch a page or two back, try adding that one and then 2.53 again

Kurt, what's the screenshot button? I don't want to keep resorting to the snipping tool to take screenies

Kurt: Does the height of a bowler also affect the kind of bounce he can get off the pitch?

The game is shaping up really well. Haven't played for some time but it seems like you've pretty much covered everything you wanted to, for the public release. Have you been able to (or are you planning to) implement menu navigation through keyboard yet?

Last edited:
@Pat: Yup, now that I've added the height field to the editor, it does :)

I haven't yet added keyboard menu navigation but I'll try to get it done this week.

@Pat: Yup, now that I've added the height field to the editor, it does :)

Do we get it for creating our player in career mode too?

----------

I don't want to play for Tasmania, I want to play for Queensland! Any chance we could have a choice?

@kurtkz: I can't see the simulation options at the bottom when I scroll the mouse down the bottom of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread