Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been brought on to bowl and I'm a wireframe, again

@Dutchad: Thanks! Much appreciated. I'll see if I can track down that field editor bug.

@DM: Are you still not able to get lbws without referring?

----------

@DM: Thanks, I'll disable the wireframe. Not sure why it's still there...

@DM: Are you still not able to get lbws without referring?

I'm yet to bowl in a multi day match, so I've only played HK6, T20, ODI so I've never been able to refer, but I have never had an lbw be given to me while I control the bowler

Last edited:
Really need to change the field in career mode...

Kurt, noticed this suggestion in a different thread and wondered if you had given it anymore thought?

Another idea I had, graphically, would be to have player profiles like their cricinfo pages irl, and then when a player comes out to bat, you get their picture and their stats, possibly for that format or their recent form. I don't know how hard that would be to add in.

I understand you cant have player pics and stuff but the idea of having recent stats come up from a new batsman/bowler is pretty cool.

Also, while playing the career mode, is there a way to skip through a match instead of watching every ball while your waiting to bat?

Go to menu -> simulation to skip parts of the innings

The Australian surnames don't seem to be very Australian, just saw a Langeveldt, this isn't South Africa you know

----------

My guy just picked up the ball and the screen went black until I moved my mouse, nothing happened in the game while it was black either

----------

We can probably do without no-ball checking in career mode junior clubs

----------

Final over, I'm bowling it and they need 35 runs to win. Can I do it? I currently have 2/21

----------

19.1 swept out into the deep for a single
19.2 caught in the deep
19.3 caught in the deep in almost identical fashion and I'm on a hattrick!
19.4 sad face, he blocked it
19.5 driven out for a single
19.6 hit straight to cover and I'm the hero!

----------

Aye carumba 85XP!

----------

Code:
RUN @ 9/04/2013 2:57:39 PM

VERSION: 2.53
PROFILE: DM

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Stack`1.Peek()
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.ModalMessage(String message, String title) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 16589
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.AddState(GameState newState, Boolean ignoreAll) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11936
   at Cricket.Main.GameState.SwitchState(Boolean terminate, GameState newState) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameState.cs:line 262
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 16268
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17286
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4301

skipped the game that came after the one I just finished (thank goodness I saved) and it came up that it was a tie and was going to super over and crashed. Took an age for the report to come up

This what I meant about the runouts, This screenshot is from the last frame of the 'replay' and you can see that if the bat was grounded he probably would have been not out.

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
@plexus: Hehe, yup, I just got the new animation from Buko this morning. It'll be fixed in the next update ;)

EDIT: it actually looks like he'd still be *marginally* out, but I get what you're saying :)

Resumed that save and the lag, well I'd say it's going under 1 frame every 5 seconds it's that bad. The menus are fast, but the game is just a nightmare, had to hold down escape for a few seconds before it came up

----------

Oh and do you want me to make better kit textures? Queensland will never wear purple...

@DM: Hmm, have you switched shadows to low? I haven't optimized the shadow rendering yet.

If you have time to do kits that would be great...I could release it as DLC if you want so that you're not rushed.

Code:
RUN @ 9/04/2013 3:22:54 PM

VERSION: 2.53
PROFILE: DM

MESSAGE: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricket Heroes\Full\batsman_NSW'.

STACK TRACE:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
   at Utility.XML.XMLParser.Parse(String filename) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Utility\XML\XMLParser.cs:line 50
   at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.LoadSpriteSheet(String filename) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sprite\Spritesheet.cs:line 134
   at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet..ctor(String filename) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sprite\Spritesheet.cs:line 37
   at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.AddSpriteSheet(String key) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sprite\SpritesheetManager.cs:line 41
   at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.GetSpriteSheet(String key) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sprite\SpritesheetManager.cs:line 74
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.GameObject.get_Frames() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\GameObject.cs:line 350
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 19793
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17359
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4301

Another crash...

The lag is really really bad kurt...

I know that I've said it a few times, but can you please show us the toss results in career mode

----------

@DM: Hmm, have you switched shadows to low? I haven't optimized the shadow rendering yet.

Haven't touched a thing for the graphics

@DM: Hmm, where did that error occur? Was it just in an exhibition match? Also, do you mind trying to set the shadows to low? Go to Options -> Visual. Hopefully that'll resolve the lag for now.

Yup, I'll add the toss result to career mode. Apologies, it's been hard to keep track of all the requests :)

Well the game was really laggy so I quit and resumed the save, and then just as the first ball was about to be bowled (after a rather slow runup) it crashed. I may have swore

----------

The texture files for fielders etc are in the roaming models folder right? Theres not some other one I should be doing first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread