Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUN @ 23/06/2013 16:53:01

VERSION: 2.624
PROFILE: kjh
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameObject.BackgroundManager.Draw(Object s, Boolean dark) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\BackgroundManager.cs:line 59
at Cricket.Main.GameStateVideoOptionsMenu.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateVideoOptionsMenu.cs:line 734
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17910
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4087

can you delete %appdata%\cricketheroes\data\backgrounds.bdb and restart the game please? i stuffed up that file previously and its not deleting it.

----------

edit: actually, can you send me your data\backgrounds.bdb please?

edit edit: :facepalm i stuffed up. reuploading the patch now.

Last edited:
The archive is damaged.
+Also this is also giving me a head ache.

Ah, I see what I did wrong. The team editor doesn't actually generate the teams on save. It updates the roster import file. Make the changes in the team editor and save. Start the game. This will import the changes. Then open the roster editor and the teams should be there. I'll fix up the team editor shortly.

By that i am getting the fatal error.
I get this error by when I create a team and save it and then when i open the cricket.exe it just gives me this fatal error.

Code:
RUN @ 23/06/2013 15:27:22

VERSION: 2.622
PROFILE: N/A
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

STACK TRACE:    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at Cricket.Main.Game.ImportTeams(String filename, String filename2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 1999
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3313

Kurt in career mode would it be possible to have more control over the team?
I mean I would love to be able to determine which side of the wicket my bowlers bowl from so i can really set fields etcetera, tell them which line and length to play to for the field I am setting........

Sure thing :) Would it make sense to treat captaincy like management mode?

I would prefer if it was an optional thing - whether you want the captaincy and how much control you have once you have the captaincy. I'm fine with how things are at the moment except I would like the option to accept or decline the offer.

Also, any updates on the payment front? I'm very impatient :noway

sure, that makes sense. it will be completely optional :)

I haven't received word from pay fast yet. I think they take weekends off. I'll pm you shortly.

sure, that makes sense. it will be completely optional :)

I haven't received word from pay fast yet. I think they take weekends off. I'll pm you shortly.

Excellent idea to make it optional.

Having visited the game again and played for a while I must say it is the best cricket game in terms of realism I have played. If we can boost the animations it is going to be brilliant. Having some good tight matches and I particularly enjoy bowling.

One thing starting to bug me is when a batsman miss times the ball and gets a leading edge that balloons into the covers, only for them to watch it go past and short extra cover belts after it after a while. Seems like cover could easily catch it but does nowt. Happens quite regularly.

Has the appeal window been shortened again? Have never ever successfully appealed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check out the leading edge and appeal window problems shortly. I think I know why it's vanishing so quickly.

Hmm, I'll have to adjust the probabilities on the lbw appeals. I think they might still be set a little high...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread