Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm toying with the idea of pressure-sensitive shots - finished the keyboard version last night and will test the gamepad version this weekend. This should let you weight your shots (instead of having separate controls for dab shots).

^^That would be fantastic :clap

Not sure if you missed my post, but if you can comment on it, that will be great :)

Kurt: By any chance did you remove the dab shots in the recent builds? Can't seem to play them any more. Also, when (and if) you release the next patch, may I request you to make some changes to shots:

1. For playing on-drive, I have to make the batsman stand in the line where the ball is pitching. If I don't do that, I can't connect.
2. Similarly for straight-drives: there needs to be an exact distance between the ball pitching line and the batsman to be able to connect.
3. Also, can't connect defensive shots against spinners?

I have tried changing a few values in shots.bdb and it does make a small difference but it will be great if you can fix 1 & 2 or put the relevant attributes in shots.bdb

----------

If you are planning a 2014 version of the game, my top requests would be:

1. Simulation engine (Currently it makes playing tournaments very tedious where you have to simulate all of the non-playing matches with each taking up to 2 mins. Ditto for career mode. For eg: As a batsman, I get out first ball and have to simulate for another 4-5 mins before getting another chance to bat)
2. Keyboard Controls for navigating the menus
3. Revamped bowling controls (copy BigAnt implementation?)

Cheers and good luck :thumbs

@Pat: I missed that, thanks for the reminder. I'll see if I can fix up those other batting issue too :)

If I have some free time next year, I'll definitely look at those other issues. Top of the list is simulations :)

Also, please take a look at the Pull Shot. I find it hard to connect/time and find the gaps even with players that have a very high rating.

Cone batting controls doesn't seem to be working properly, Kurt?
Played a match on easy and got all out for 8.:p
According to me, the earlier builds(2D one) had a much better gameplay, but thats just what I feel.:)
Will try out some more matches and tell you how it felt.

----------

And yeah combi keys for diagonals doesn't seem to work as well.....

I would suggest playing with normal controls. It works so much better.

Definately don't use the cone batting, it is very hard.

I've just been force to upgrade to a new pc which has win 7 64-bit versus XP that I had before and now I've struck a weird problem, I've registered the game but the game won't act like it's activated unless I'm on the internet when I start the game. Otherwise it pretends I haven't activated it. Anyone else had this problem? I never had it while using XP.

Used the standard controls again and it plays much better.
Just altered the speed from the launcher according to my convenience as it felt too slow before.
But I see a lag everytime when the bowler tries to deliver the bowl, which doesn't look good. Also seems like proper shots are not played on back foot.
Sorry Kurt, but I have to say the 2D game earlier looked much better than the current one gameplaywise. Anyways I hope you will try to tweak it.
Thanks! :)

Its not actually the back foot shots, its actually all the leg side shots which needs to be fixed and tweaked. I have only been able to hit on side shots. So far, haven't been able to hit the ball behind the batsman too unless edged.

Thanks, Meet. I'm a little swamped wuth stuff at the moment, but you can try to tweak it if you'd like. Run the Shot Editor and you can tweak pretty much everything about leg side shots.

Thanks, Meet. I'm a little swamped wuth stuff at the moment, but you can try to tweak it if you'd like. Run the Shot Editor and you can tweak pretty much everything about leg side shots.
A tut on it would be amazing.:)

----------

BTW Kurt, where is the texture for faces of various skin tones and the kits of different teams?

Hi guys,

I've uploaded a new patch - please keep in mind that these patches are all experimental...

Download

Changelog:

- added gamepad calibration
- made leg side shots slightly easier

Cheers
K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread