Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've uploaded a new patch - please keep in mind that these patches are all experimental...

Download

Changelog:

- added gamepad calibration
- made leg side shots slightly easier

Cheers
K

----------

@Meet: You can edit the skin tones & faces in the roster editor. Skin tone is a number from 1-10. Face is a texture number. You can generate face textures in the player model editor.

For the shot editor - all shots assume that the batsman is right-handed (the values are flipped for left-handers automatically). Min X is the furthest point outside off that bat will make contact with the ball. Width determines how far from the Min X the bat will hit the ball. Similarly for Min Y and Height.

You can edit the skin tones & faces in the roster editor. Skin tone is a number from 1-10. Face is a texture number. You can generate face textures in the player model editor.
Where are the texture for skin tone actually? Asians seems to be too dark for me, so wanna change em.
And also where are the textures for kits of different teams?

Will try out the new update first and then try to tweak the shots if it doesn't feel correct.
Thanks, anyways.:)

The skin tone is just a number. You can edit it for each player in the roster editor.

To edit kit textures and such you need to use the Texture Editor. You can assign kits in the roster editor after you've created them.

The skin tone is just a number. You can edit it for each player in the roster editor.

To edit kit textures and such you need to use the Texture Editor. You can assign kits in the roster editor after you've created them.
Alright so there's no texture file as such for skin tone. hmm.
Rather than changing the skin tone, I wanna change the color of the skin tone.
BTW, texture editor seems to only show kits pale yellow color? How can I change kits of a particular team?

i've finally got round to getting a PC receiver for my wireless controller... but then this doesn't seem to accept a controller? how can i set a controller instead of the keyboard?

@blockerdave: You need to enable the gamepad by running Launcher.exe. It's disabled by default.

@Meet: To create a new kit you need to run the Texture Editor. There's a button to create a new kit. Click that and it'll generate a base kit. Leave the Texture Editor open and open the new kit texture in Paint or whatever you want to use. Whenever you save the texture, it'll be updated in the Texture Editor too. Kind of like a live preview.

Cheers, will try it tonight!

Keyboard doesn't work for me at all, doesn't recognise my direction buttons. Am using my laptop keyboard. Hopefully better luck with the gamepad - I'm excited to try this!!!

Hmm that's weird...did you change the default keys to use the arrows in Options->Controls? The default keys used AWSD for movement and IOKL for setting your stance (I think, I can't quite remember).

maybe that's the problem then, i didn't change anything! but i thought on screen it was telling me to use the arrow keys...

oh well, either way hopefully the gamepad will work tonight!

hey kurt,

now i'm getting a fatal error when i run the game. it wasn't happening yesterday.

message is:

RUN @ 10/12/2013 19:33:17

VERSION: 2.650
PROFILE: N/A
PERMISSIONS MODE: False

MESSAGE: Could not open database [C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\CricketHeroes\cricket.db]

@blockerdave: Yeah, there's an issue with v2.650 where it uses your IP address to uniquely identify you. Maybe try patch 2.652? If you don't want to upgrade, you can just delete that file. You'll need to re-register it though :/

Sorry for the inconvenience - I only found this bug recently...

i got it working... is there somewhere where the gamepad controls are explained? sorry for all the hassle :) i promise to buy once i know i can get it working right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread