Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The few reviews I've had have raised issues with the interface - what can I do to fix that? Is it just the overlays that need to be more modern? Should I include extra info on some of the screens? Should I use more fade effects? Or remove the effects?

one thing i feel with interface more than the design is lack of keyboard support and also lack of Esc button functionality to go back, also mouse scroll while selecting squads would be really helpful.

right now the interface is not navigation friendly.

Checked out the game today worked well once i turned the sounds off, really amazed at the amount of options in game and detailed, was surprised to find DRS implemented in the game when i got to review my lbw after being turned down by the umpire:yes.

one thing i noticed was wides are not given that much.

this is really a indepth cricket game, if it can get a facelift with proper models animations in a new engine this can definitely compete with big games.

UI tweaks need to be broken down:

1. UI facelift:

a. Use high-res images: Currently when I play the game on my 22" monitor, the UI elements look blurred (images/icons, progress bars, buttons, text on buttons etc.)
b. Make the UI flat: 3D skeuomorphic UI is history, flat is in.
c. Scale UI elements: Ensure the buttons are big enough irrespective of what resolution you run the game at.

It's very, very important to have decently sized buttons, with sharp text. Also, it would look good if each button (menu option) had a small image on the left.

2. Navigation and UX:

a. Keyboard Navigation: Make the entire menu accessible through keyboard (I remember this has been requested earlier as well)
b. Improve Scrolling through Lists: If keyboard navigation is done, it will help with this. Besides, team selection UI/UX needs to be completely re-done.

While I am no expert at UX, if you are interested, I can draw some mockups that you can use to improve the UX of the game menus/overlays etc.

Thanks Pat that's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. If you could do mockups for me that would be amazing. In the meantime I'll try to sort out the smaller stuff like making it flat, scaling up and adding keyboard nav.

Great post!

Next patch is almost ready. Lots of little tweaks and such. Adding keyboard controls to all the screens is going to take time. I've added it to all the screens without scrollbars though :spy

Hi all,

next patch is ready (not for Mac though):

Download

Changelog:

- physics tweaks
- AI tweaks
- UI updates

Cheers
K

----------

I'm uploading the Mac version now...give it around 1hr.

----------

I'm uploading the Mac version now...give it around 1hr.

Hi the new improvements are nice, aspect ratio and keyboard controls, they work well, if im to nitpick it would be to assign select button from i to enter and to go back in menu with 'esc' instead of 'backspace'.

Also the game runs a bit too fast in normal mode(still pretty playable) and slow mode is too slow.
my specs are pentium g640 dual core 28 ghz, 4gb ram win 8 32 bit, 7770 ati radeon.

Also the intro cutscenes seem messed up now with players flying but is normal while playing.
image.jpg

Thanks gkrama, I'll take a look at those issues ASAP. I've struggled to settle on a speed. You can adjust the base speed by running the launcher. I'll see if I can adjust that on the fly though.

Hello @kurtkz

I am having a problem
i changed the resolution in cricket heroes
and now i am getting only the words please register
after that i cannot see anything i mean the game screen is too big
what should i do pleaseeeeeeeeeee help

Hi futurecricketer,

run Launcher.exe and select Safe Mode. This will set it to a default resolution.

Alternatively, delete the following folder and restart the game:

%appdata%\cricketheroes

Cheers
K

Hi futurecricketer,

run Launcher.exe and select Safe Mode. This will set it to a default resolution.

Alternatively, delete the following folder and restart the game:

%appdata%\cricketheroes

Cheers
K

Still Having Same Problem
See attacched pic

attachment.php

Attachments

• cricket heroes.png
    cricket heroes.png
    6 KB · Views: 38
@futurecricketer: Are you perhaps running in Permissions Mode? If so, the easiest way to resolve it would be to do the following:

1. edit data\options.ini
2. replace line 4 with 800
3. replace line 5 with 600
4. save and exit
5. run the game

This should fix the resolution issue. Out of interest, what resolution did you change it to when it broke?

@futurecricketer: Are you perhaps running in Permissions Mode? If so, the easiest way to resolve it would be to do the following:

1. edit data\options.ini
2. replace line 4 with 800
3. replace line 5 with 600
4. save and exit
5. run the game

This should fix the resolution issue. Out of interest, what resolution did you change it to when it broke?

It is already like that in that options.ini file like this
127.0.0.1:1001
158.155.40.79:1002
I dont know what res i changed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread