Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kurtkz , for fixing the crashes. Match simulation is working quite well now.
Under cumulative bowling report BBI still shows date in some fields.

Some cosmetic Commentary issues.
There is a funny typo in commentary.
FIELD,-5,The balls are off...it really is a tight call...he's given him! Out,159
Can you please look into more into match report section. Despite the condition of the pitch , every pitch is called flat.
I think you should add more Event21 there , i think it will look better if it mentions Swing , Seam and Turning pitches also bounce.
Many times close matches are told to be One-sides in T20's.

Sure thing, @jeetu. Maybe check your Pitch Variation settings in the Gameplay options menu? This affects how the pitch conditions are generated. The default value is Normal, which aligns it with the settings in the pitches database file.

If possible can you PM/email me some of the match commentary that I can take a look at? Might be easier if I have an example to work from :)

Also, if anyone wants some more info on what kind of information is available to the scripts, give me a shout. I'd be happy to help. I actually need to redo the manual at some point. When I do, I'll include info on the scripting stuff.

Not sure but are "Required Run Rate", "Wickets in hand" already available to use in scripts?

Any chance either (@VampyreSquirrel or @dancingmongoose) of you could post screenshots here for me to look at? I might be able to fix it during my lunch break :P

Screenshot%202014-09-23%2010.59.23.png

The options skipping when changing is still there. I can only choose Batsman, bowling all rounder or keeper in career because it keeps skipping!

Career mode is broken, tried to start a new career, "Error uploading career stats 3/3", game freezes, stops responding, been sitting there like that for a good 5 minutes now

Thanks DM, it looks like my internet host uploaded an old version of my game service :facepalm I'll sort that out and the options skipping out ASAP.

What should that screenshot look like though? For 1024x768, it looks right to me?

EDIT: Or are you looking at the aspect ratio (16:9) and not the window size?

Last edited:
@Pat: Any other values you think might be useful?

Hmmm..I think, if possible, following will be useful. I am not sure how technically feasible they are, I am just throwing ideas: :)
1. Innings (batting first or chasing in limited overs, inning number in test matches)
2. Pitch Type
3. Outfield Speed (For example: If the outfield is slow, we can have the batsman take the aerial route more often if the required run rate is high)
4. Historical totals (Avg Total when batting first etc.) - this might be difficult to implement
5. Field Type (Aggressive, Defensive, Balanced)
6. Field Spread (7-2, 8-1, 6-3, 5-4, 4-5 etc.)
7. Length Type when batting (For example: we can simulate a batsman who struggles when the length bowled at him is Short and Fast, but plays well when the ball is pitched up)
8. Batsmen Handedness (To simulate bowlers who bowl well against a right-hander, but not so much against a left-hander)

These are just ideas you can pick on if they make sense to you (or change a few things based on my suggestions). The very fact that we are discussing these level of details really speaks volume for the depth of the game. I really, really like how Cricket Heroes is shaping up. Maybe some time down the line, there might be more interest shown in it and we can have full-3D models and animations which will take this game really to the next level.

Thanks, Pat, those are all do-able (apart from maybe the historical totals). I'll try to add them (or document the existing ones) and send out the patch tonight.

I'm not holding out much hope for a graphics revamp, but it would be really awesome :)

Reactions: Pat
OK, new patch -

- removed warning about uploading career stats
- fixed aspect ratio
- fixed scripts access to globalInstance
- added calc_loft function to scripts
- exposed new functions to scripts:

1. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.RequiredRuns
2. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.RequiredRunRate (return RR req for the chasing team, or -1)
3. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.WicketsRemaining
4. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.FieldersOnOff (number of fielders outside off)
5. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.FieldersOnLeg (number of fielders outside leg)
6. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.FieldersInRing
7. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.FieldersOutside
8. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.BallLength (0 = full, 1 = short)
9. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.BatsmanHandedness (PlayerDescription.HandType.Left or PlayerDescription.HandType.Right)
10. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.OutfieldSpeed (0 = slow, 1 = fast)
11. PlayerDescription.globalInstance.VenueInfo

PitchDescription.{ bounce, spin, seam, swing } - 0.8 = low, 1.2 = high
PitchDescription.temperature (celsius)
PitchDescription.wind (x,y,z - vector)
PitchDescription.humidity (percentage - determines cloud buildup)

Cheers
K

Reactions: Pat
@kurtkz , I found a new bug when i try to add/edit team using TeamEditor.exe , the game crashes with this message

RUN @ 24/09/2014 03:37:29

VERSION: 2.711
PROFILE: N/A
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PlayerDescription.get_Timing() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PlayerDescription.cs:line 2465
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PlayerDescriptionManager.Load(String filename) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PlayerDescriptionManager.cs:line 999
at Cricket.Main.Game.ImportTeams(String filename, String filename2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 1979
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4517

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread