Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips on how to get wkts?
I am playing with my custom team against kenya in t20 on a 70all bowling conditions (btw I have to set the pitch variation to devilish in order to get 70 all movements/bounce when setting to normal i get 20 something rating) they seems to block ,block ,play and miss ,take quick singles when the ball is new and then start beating the crap out of bowlers after about 8 overs.

70 is pretty low actually but you should get some movement with that. movement is key early on - especially late movement. early swing is easy to play. good bouncers are effective. otherwise just try to plug the AIs scoring areas. i'll see if i can adjust the difficulty levels; it could be a little too high now[DOUBLEPOST=1426087647][/DOUBLEPOST]also check the attributes youve assigned to your players. that may be playing havoc with the actual batting and bowling skills.

70 is pretty low actually but you should get some movement with that. movement is key early on - especially late movement. early swing is easy to play. good bouncers are effective. otherwise just try to plug the AIs scoring areas. i'll see if i can adjust the difficulty levels; it could be a little too high now[DOUBLEPOST=1426087647][/DOUBLEPOST]also check the attributes youve assigned to your players. that may be playing havoc with the actual batting and bowling skills.
I am gettin good movement as my bowlers skill are in mid 70s to high 80s. how to get late and early swing? is it controllable through manual input?

@Allrounder18: For late swing, you need to pitch it full and make sure that the seam is angled just right. The conditions and your bowler's skill will take care of the rest. Bouncers are also very good to unsettle a batsman. When the batsman is unsettled, pitch it full and get some swing.[DOUBLEPOST=1426093943][/DOUBLEPOST]You get early swing when you bowl it short of a length. You often get more swing like this, but because the batsman sees it early, it's easier to play.

Hey Kurt, emailed you yesterday for a cd key which you sent so thanks. Keep getting this as i got to boot up a match

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Imports.ActiveTexture(Int32 texture)
at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glActiveTexture(Int32 texture)
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.BeginRender(Boolean texturize) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 3138
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.Render3D(GameInstance instance, Vector3D rotate, Vector3D translate, Camera camera, String animation, Single frame, Boolean flipX, String prevAnimation, Int32 prevFrame, Single tweenTime) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 3578
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Stumps.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Stumps.cs:line 1367
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.DrawObjects(Single ratio, List`1 toRender, Boolean fade) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 16705
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 18344
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 22178
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5712

game crashed half way while playing an exhibition match. (custom team)

RUN @ 11/03/2015 22:41:38

DEMO: False
VERSION: 2.815
PROFILE: saad22111
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

STACK TRACE: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PlayerDescription.ApplyTrait(Single tmp, String trait) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PlayerDescription.cs:line 2750
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PlayerDescription.get_Skill() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PlayerDescription.cs:line 2639
at Cricket.Main.GameStateBowlerScorecard.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateBowlerScorecard.cs:line 436
at Cricket.Main.GameStateBowlerScorecard.Show() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateBowlerScorecard.cs:line 67
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.AddState(GameState newState, Boolean ignoreAll) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 14282
at Cricket.Main.GameState.SwitchState(Boolean terminate, GameState newState) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameState.cs:line 571
at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseBatsman.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseBatsman.cs:line 579
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 22334
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5712

i am indeed

Looking back through the thread, looks like in im screwed :( anything i can do?

Last edited:
Created a whole team with batting in 30s (even lower for lower and tailenders) play against them (my team SAF) got them out for 31 (Difficulty beginner)but most of the wkts were through bouncers and chip shots to fielders only couple were edges , I think you have made the AI too hard to get out through movement , they do constantly play and miss and edges that felt short to fielders but hardly gets out on jaffas. Even bowled and LBWs are rare.

Unfortunately it's not that easy. It's not actually based on probabilities, it's all simulated. On beginner difficulty the AI's timing is way off which results in lots of chipped shots probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread