Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
this time i am simming an innings of a test it is taking longer then it use to it is taking 10+ minutes

I played a T20 between India and Australia. Game crashed at the end of the match, even though export graphs option was off :(

Some observations:
1. Settledness for a batsman rises way too fast and incorrectly. I had a new batsman coming in, playing and missing 2 balls in a row, mistiming another one and each time his settledness bar increased instead of going down (or remaining at 0).
2. I think spinners are just too good in the game. I struggle a bit against spinner while batting but the bigger problem is AI batting seems to struggle big-time against spinners. In my T20, Australia (AI) needed 71 off last 10 overs and I managed to win by 30-odd runs. Watson, playing on 72 kept on defending deliveries against Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh even when Australia needed 40 off 3 overs.
3. As mentioned above, AI batsmen are not able to time their innings properly. It feels like AI is not even attempting to chase down the score.This was on on Normal mode but still AI should be smart enough to understand Req RR and play accordingly.
4. Fielders still are slightly sluggish in the outfield. Fielders should be slightly faster when running towards the ball in order to stop 2's which can be taken fairly easily, especially of lofted-strokes. On one occasion,AI even made an attempt for a 3rd run on a ball that was hit in the air, straight to the fielder at long-on.
5. Fielding not smart enough on Overthrows. When there is a overthrow (I feel the no. of overthrows should reduce, they happen very often), fielders running after it do not change for a long time. E.g. I had an over throw which went towards thirdman and the fielder at slips was running after it instead of the third-man fielder. The ball went for 4 just next to where the third-man fielder was standing but he stood stationary.
6. I think power of lofted shots need to be tweaked (especially in T20's and lesser difficulty settings). Most of the lofted strokes (60-70%) end up falling inside or just outside the 30-yard circle. Also, it would look good if once in a while a lofted shot goes very high in the air. At the moment, it feels that ground strokes are more rewarding since they are
a. easier to time and
b. it feels they run faster through the outfield compared to lofted ones which seem to slow down a lot after bouncing in the outfield

Leg-side shots and animations look much much better than previous versions.

----------

One more thing I noticed is that the frame-rate in the game goes very low (15-20 fps as recorded by fraps) during the first 3-4 deliveries of the match and then gradually increases to normal levels (35-40 fps).
Not sure if you have any optimizations planned down the line, but maybe you could look at this issue in the future.

Last edited:
@Pat: Thanks for the feedback - the AI batting issues have mostly been sorted out now I think. There was a bug in the shot selection method...

I'll take a look at the other issues and see if I can improve those...

72 patch is being the same :( The black screen problem :'(

Hey Kurt I said it just too quick :p Blackscreen appears

Aaaw man, that sucks. Don't worry I'll see if I can fix it up either tomorrow or the day after. Need to get my hands on another machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread