Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kurt, same error happens on my work laptop as well.

Can't start a match in any format

RUN @ 8/17/2012 5:53:01 PM

VERSION: 1.85
PROFILE: pat

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PitchDescription.GeneratePixel(MersenneTwister r, Boolean practice) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PitchDescription.cs:line 467
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PitchDescription.GeneratePitch(String filename, Boolean generateSpritesheet, Boolean practice, Boolean hide, GameMode mode) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PitchDescription.cs:line 559
at Cricket.Main.GameStateVenueSelection.ChooseRandom() in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateVenueSelection.cs:line 185
at Cricket.Main.GameStateQuickMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateQuickMatch.cs:line 250
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 10627
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in D:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2921

AFAIK, the new update worked fine on my desktop, but I will have to re-check that again.

Hey guys, anyone tried this on Windows 8? I am planning to upgrade to Windows 8 Release Preview and wanted to check if this would work fine :)

Endless Crashing

Hi Kurt. Big fan of the game but some of the bugs hopefully can be fixed. The bugs occur at these intervals: When I try to oppose a review, when the game is ending, and sometimes whenever I'm about to start a league match. BTW it is in the South African FC League. Nice job with the game and I hope you continue your work and phase the little bugs out along the way. Thanks :thumbs

@Pat: I'm not sure if it works on Win8, but I'll install Win8 RC in a VM this weekend and let you know.

@realsting: Thanks, the bugs are definitely being looked at :)

@everyone: Apologies for the lack of updates recently, but contract work and a new job have kind of killed the concept of "free time" for me. I'll try to get back into bug fixes this weekend and hopefully have something for Monday or Tuesday.

Take your time :)

please help i am not able to resume my league because my save file is saying that it is incompatible with this version :(
here is an attachment

Attachments

• save0.rar
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
@kurtkz: Started playing a 4-day game and the bowling side had already conceded 12 byes from bowling a good length (all through boundaries) in the first three overs.

@itay: Too much bounce?

Either that and/or you could also try varying how far back the wicketkeeper stands (for pace bowlers) depending on how much bounce the pitch has.

EDIT: When I was playing that match, I checked the conditions and bounce was at around 50%. So probably there's too much bounce.

Last edited:
@kurtkz: There also a problem with bowling in arcade mode (unable to bowl even a single ball)

Aaah, my bad - the bowling has actually changed. I'll put icons on the screen to show what needs to be done next. In the meantime. B1 reduces speed/swing. B2 increases speed/swing. B3 moves on to the next stage.

@kurtkz: Just another thing on the batting, batsman aren't able to move back inside the crease (from the original position) when playing deliveries from the bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread