Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kurt,
I got a crash at the fall of first wicket in a T20. Incidentally, it was also the last ball of the first over. AI was batting, I was bowling:

Aaah, it's related to the saved highlights. Try turning it off for now? I'll see if I can fix it this week.

A few things I've noticed in the game (on my home PC where it does work ;-))
On-screen commentary keeps showing '160' following some commentary lines.
Also shows #FIELDER throws the ball, without showing his name.
When saving in the middle of a ball (ie when i have made shot selection or bowler's selection), the game returns to the original selection screen. For example, I chose a leg-spinner, amount of spin, speed, and started to bowl the ball, or even see a shot played, and then pressed menu save, then once I have saved the screen returns to the ball-type selection.I also found that as the clock ticked towards the end of the day, I selected a bowler for the final over and was about to start the normal ball selections, when the end of the day came. The 2nd day of the match started with the game asking to choose a new bowler, and I could even select the bowler who had bowled the last over of the previous day!
Apart from that ;-)
What a great game!!

So...the good news is that I've finally started with career mode. I should have something playable for registered users in the next 2 weeks or so. It will unfortunately not be available to non-registered users (like some other features).

Cheers!
Kurt

Great news. Looking forward to it, good luck!

Good news:

Unique player and team generation is working. Games are simulated until it reaches a point where you're up to bat or bowl and then it goes into normal game mode. Progress. It feels good :)

Bad news:

There's a TON of work still to be done. Character tracking, skills screens, proper training, equipment, injuries, leagues, etc.

I did promise to have a demo in 2 weeks for paid users though and I think I'll be able to make that deadline. Watch this space.

@kurtkz: Some things I noticed in the latest patch
- When setting the speed to 'slow', the bowler doesn't move and the batsman cannot move (even when pressing a button to move the batsman)
- A lot of perfectly timed shots along the ground aren't going past the fieldsman or piercing the gaps through the set fields very often (only seems possible to hit the ball past fielders by lofting it)

Thanks itay, I'll fix up the 'slow' setting. What speed are you playing on where the shots don't pierce the gaps? I made the fielders ground speed ramp up with the speed setting...I might have to tone this down though.

Thanks itay, I'll fix up the 'slow' setting. What speed are you playing on where the shots don't pierce the gaps? I made the fielders ground speed ramp up with the speed setting...I might have to tone this down though.

Was playing on 'normal' speed.

I'm making good progress:

- tweaked fielding a little
- fixed small fielding bugs
- tweaked batting probabilistic model
- optimized simulation slightly

I've also made some decent progress on career mode. I'm overhauling the character creation screens now and trying to make it as easy to get into as possible. To this effect, I've tried to isolate key characteristics of each player role. I don't like the idea of messing with stats when first creating a character, so I'm trying to keep it simple and understandable. For example, the batsman options look like this:

z9SGR.png

You essentially only have 3 options:

• Batting Hand
  • Batting Order
  • Batting Style

Your character stats are determined from the combination you select. When you level up, you get points that you can expend on various stats.

What do you guys think? Am I going down the right path or does it seem contrived?

idk, I reckon you should probably have something like foot preference, off/leg-side player and aggressiveness.

And what do you have for bowlers so far?

And btw, how will career mode work. Will you choose who bowls and stuff or is that selected by the AI and you just bowl/bat when you're asked to?

And do you field as well? If so, how is that working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread