Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, nothing of the sort. I'll put up a full version again later. There's probably some file missing. In the meantime, I've finished up a bunch of editors:

- field positions
- injuries
- shots
- umpires
- venues (pitches)

To do:

- players
- rosters
- equipment
- field settings
- sponsorships
- selection policies

Sounds great. What's the difference between field positions and field settings editor?

Also what kind of changes would selection policy editor allow?

Thanks.

Field positions are the individual positions, like 3rd man, midwicket, square leg, etc. Field settings would be for composing preset fields. Speaking of which, I need to clean up the in-game field editor.

The selection policies weight different factors for each mode. The factors include:

Batsman

- skill
- placement
- power
- strike rate

Bowler

- skill
- seam/swing/spin

Allrounder

- batting
- bowling

When can I expect to play the game again? :p Can you upload it soon?

Not in an intention to put a burden on you but, can you give me umpire models.....
not yet completed fielder models but trying to do something different now..... ;)

Thats not a problem. Upload it when you are free man :)

Field positions are the individual positions, like 3rd man, midwicket, square leg, etc. Field settings would be for composing preset fields. Speaking of which, I need to clean up the in-game field editor.

The selection policies weight different factors for each mode. The factors include:

Batsman

- skill
- placement
- power
- strike rate

Bowler

- skill
- seam/swing/spin

Allrounder

- batting
- bowling

@kurtkz: I guess playing conditions could also play a part too? (when it comes to team selection and deciding whether to bat or bowl first after winning the coin toss)

@kurtkz: Just a few things that need adjusting...

- On some occasions, the wrong batsman is given out in a run out. The batsman who is closest to the end where the stumps are broken should be given out.
- For overthrows that reach the boundary, it should be the number of runs completed by the batsmen + 4.

EDIT: I seem to be losing quite a few wickets to run-outs in one-dayers trying to take singles (but that probably can be fixed once the field setting editor comes out) ;)

Last edited:
@itay: Thanks for the headsup. Did the batsmen complete the run when the overthrow reached the boundary?

Also, are you losing wickets playing in management mode? Unfortunately the field setting editor isn't going to help :P That's just for player fields, not AI. The AI sets the fields dynamically.

@itay: Thanks for the headsup. Did the batsmen complete the run when the overthrow reached the boundary?

Also, are you losing wickets playing in management mode? Unfortunately the field setting editor isn't going to help :P That's just for player fields, not AI. The AI sets the fields dynamically.

@kurtkz: There were a few occurrences when I ask the batsmen to run for a second run but did not complete the run when the ball reached the boundary (batsmen had crossed and was awarded 6 runs instead of 5).

On the run outs situation, I'm playing in arcade mode with the opposition team in management mode (manually controlling the bowling changes, but with auto field setting)

Last edited:
@Allrounder18: I don't think I'll have time to implement that change. I'll keep it in mind for future updates though (I'll still be working on the game after release).

Demo Stuck

Just downloaded the demo, but it's stuck at the "Please Register" screen. I'm running on a fairly new Win 7 PC.

Would love to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread