Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
No worries :) The gameplay has changed quite substantially with the help of the other guys here. Sound and graphics are still shite though, but it's a work in progress :rolleyes

D

Deleted member 9102

Thanks for looking into a fix for the registration - I'll check back every once in a while and look forward to playing :).

kurtkz

Game Developer
I'm pretty sure that my internet host is flat-out ignoring me now. If anyone knows of any cost-effective hosts with support for .NET web services, I'm all ears.

In other news: I'll be implementing Cricket Coach and ICC database importers this weekend. The rosters are woefully out of date and I can't see myself updating 2000 players manually :eek:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Managed to get a lot of useful data from the CC database. The game plays a lot differently now that the player attributes are more varied. I've also added attributes for batting skill for legside and offside shots. I'm not sure if it's worth building an ICC importer though. CC seems to cover the bases quite well.

Reactions: Pat

ibad17

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kurt what about this error.

Whenever I sim the game it crashes and gives me this error

RUN @ 02/08/2014 20:45:16

VERSION: 2.687
PROFILE: ppcl
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

STACK TRACE: at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 17024
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 19107
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4413

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would say don't bother with an ICC importer, as far as I know they don't intend making another game for some time, and BB does an excellent job on the Cricket Coach one. Also the CC database is much more open, you'd need to hack to find the values for ICC

D

Deleted member 9102

I've never played CC but I am very interested in playing one of the latest versions of ICC or Cricket Coach - DBC has got me back into cricket and now I'm hooked big time :p.

New version of ICC will be on Steam and has apparently got some substantial improvements to its GUI this time so may be worth a look... I've not played CC but I seem to remember it having a reputation that it's match engine was a little rough around the edges but seems to do a lot well.

I played some Cricket Heroes earlier on the free/demo version, mostly batting in the nets and it was pretty fun! It's quite challenging with the speed bumped up a notch or two and tests your shot selection :).

kurtkz

Game Developer
@ibad17: Hmm, I'll send you a new version tomorrow. I can't reproduce the error, though. Maybe send me your team and player rosters in PM/email.

@Madman: Yeah, I hear you. DBC has changed the landscape of cricket games for the better. I'm excited to see what companies will produce now that a real cricket game is out there :)

The new patch isn't quite ready, but at least my internet host has resolved all my issues. I'll hopefully have the new patch up tomorrow morning...

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi Kurt, sorry been off sick for a few days. When I tested the last patch the stuttering seemed to have got better with the clouds on static. Didn't have time to try dynamic cloud though.

I've played both ICC and Cricket Coach and personally I prefer Cricket Coach. ICC is very hard to win games with, kind of the results are predetermined and nothing you do during the match is going to save the situation. You can't bat out sessions, your guys will just lose wickets etc. It's like you have no control. With Cricket Coach you have more control of the situation, your batsmen will be careful if you tell them to, and your bowlers will rise to the occasion if need be. Also, I've won a few games but being creative with the strategy and declaring early, etc. You can back your bowlers to do the job, whereas with ICC you can be sure that your bowlers will be useless and the opposition will beat your score. Also Cricket coach is a lot more like soccer's Championship Manager, more depth and other series going on, not just two or three like ICC.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Ok, so I've deleted all traces of the game and am going to try and start it up again. Web host back up?

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD straight away, the launcher won't work. 'Launcher has stopped working windows is checking for a solution'

I think it is because I deleted the Appdata this is a rather major issue for anyone new picking up the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread