Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A few issues:

When updating it resets the window size to 900 by something, which is really tiny.
When the bowler starts his runup the field HUD and bat and bowl scores on the right disappear. It's really annoying. I don't know whether to run or not, I can't see a fielder but the balls close to the edge of the screen when driving, so I don't know if the fielder is a kilometre or 1 metre away.
When a bowler appeals, the umpire makes his decision immediately. It's really disorientating when the ball hits my pad and straight away I'm being asked if I want to review. The decision should only be made after the end of the appeal animation
When playing straight (X key) the batsman turns sideways to play the shot, of course resulting in an edge.
Batsmen seems to run significantly slower than fielders. Some difference is ok but it seems to be about 50% difference which is not ok.
Reviews. Wow. First of all, the hawk eye doesn't have the batsman and it should. It says it hits in line (or not), but there's no way of justifying this.
I thought Glenn Maxwell got David Miller out lbw. Given not out, I reviewed, 3 reds, stayed not out. Don't know why.
When I was batting, Warner was given out to a ball that pitched outside leg. I reviewed, the replay showed it pitching outside leg but still red.
Spinners seem to get a little bit too much bounce.
The speed selector thing when bowling moves at too large intervals. I can't make changes in pace subtle enough
Speeds also don't seem to have any variation. When I'm bowling at max speed I expect there to be some variation dependent on fatigue, settled, etc.
JP Duminy and Pat Cummins appear twice in the DB.
Graeme Smith and Kallis are in the default team for South Africa
Please make the default field for a new batsman to be the same as the one who just got dismissed.
There is too much angle from bowlers bowling from the batsman's leg side (eg Right Hand Bat facing left arm over or right arm round). Bouncers outside leg go for wides outside off. Also impossible to bring the ball back in either with swing or spin. Swing such as here is quite literally impossible.
Weren't we going to have an option where cumulative stats are only stored for the players/teams controlled by the user?
Hook shots are still impossible to play and pulls are impossible to time, but at least I can make contact with pulls.
The game seems quite sluggish but I'm sure that is me having made it slow because it used to be insanely fast so I'll play with the settings.
<no team> entries still aer coming up blank instead of <no team>. This used to work, I don't know why it doesn't any more.
Attempting to enter nets:
Code:
RUN @ 23/11/2014 21:33:40

VERSION: 2.737
PROFILE: dancingmongoose
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Field.get_AverageWater() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Field.cs:line 1028
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17145
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 20694
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5581
Obviously it's looking for a directory that doesn't exist

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I Using Cricket Heroes after a months break, Now it crash every single time when i use this for sim a game...

Code:
RUN @ 24/11/2014 16:07:44

VERSION: 2.737
PROFILE: RedKing
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseDelivery.SetField() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseDelivery.cs:line 664
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseDelivery.Process(Single ms, Int32 overrideIdx) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseDelivery.cs:line 2802
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseDelivery.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseDelivery.cs:line 1975
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 20735
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5581

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ooooo, now that would be interesting. I think this game could benefit from network / internet play, far more even to play against a person rather than the AI who seem to be perfect at the worst of times.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hmm, I still have a little work to do wrt networked mode (NAT punch through, stability, etc.) but it essentially works now. You can start a match, select lineups, bowl and bat. Syncing seems to work OK, but every now and again one of the clients will skip, but it's not game breaking.

I rate I probably need another week of work on this before it's ready for a beta test. In the meantime, I'll probably release a new patch on Sunday (without network play).

kurtkz

Game Developer
OK - new patch is up (2.741):

- tweaked frame skipping mechanism
- tweaked shot difficulty for straight drives, pulls and hooks
- fixed net practice so it shouldn't crash anymore even when you import proper player names
- fixed some crash bugs
- tweaked AI innings pacing
- fixed <no team> listing in drop down in roster editor
- names in text commentary can be tagged with @ for forum posts (setting is in Report options)
- beta version of networking (internet play will only work if you set up your router for port forwarding)

There's a bunch of other changes too, so I'll update the list later...

Cheers
K

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread