Cricket Quiz

nightprowler10 said:
It couldn't be Bari, so I'll guess More since India always had all those spinners.

Onnnneeeee Huuuuundreeeeed and Eiiiighty!

More it is, he took 5 in the innings, and finished with six in the match.

Your turn to think of a question mate.

Woot, got one right. Even if it was a guess.

What First Class record do Eddie Paynter and R.H. Moore share that will most likely never be repeated?

I'm sure Andrew will know this one :(

nightprowler10 said:
Woot, got one right. Even if it was a guess.

What First Class record do Eddie Paynter and R.H. Moore share that will most likely never be repeated?

I'm sure Andrew will know this one :(
I think I know this one but if I answer it it I'll probably get accused of cheating again.

Toys out of the pram moment - is that a violin I can hear playing in the background?

Last edited:
Almost_Austwick said:
I think I know this one but if I answer it it I'll probably get accused of cheating again.

Toys out of the pram moment - is that a violin I can hear playing in the background?

:p If you know it answer it, I don't think you were accused of cheating either, someone was just informing you of the rules in this thread in case you didn't know.

I don't know this, the only thing I know about Paynter is he hit a very quick triple century, and had a season where he scored a lot of runs, is it related to his triple hundred? 300 in 2 sessions or something like that?

Either that or it's to do with having to fill in as a wickie and still scoring a hundred. Any of those in the right direction NP?

Almost_Austwick said:

If you know the answer then go ahead. Or you could always be a good sport and let others give it a go :)

puddleduck said:
I don't know this, the only thing I know about Paynter is he hit a very quick triple century, and had a season where he scored a lot of runs, is it related to his triple hundred? 300 in 2 sessions or something like that?
It is in relation to his triple hundred, so you're on the right track. :)

Apologies for the silly post.

Seeing the mention of the triple hundred confirms that I know what the answer is. Will let others have a go first though.

nightprowler10 said:
If you know the answer then go ahead. Or you could always be a good sport and let others give it a go :)

It is in relation to his triple hundred, so you're on the right track. :)

Something like they hit them in the same match? Same day? They both hold the record for their respective counties with their scores?

I'm just throwing whatever I can think of at the moment. Don't really know anything about Moore but I do know a little about Paynter.

puddleduck said:
Something like they hit them in the same match? Same day? They both hold the record for their respective counties with their scores?

I'm just throwing whatever I can think of at the moment. Don't really know anything about Moore but I do know a little about Paynter.
The answer is in their somewhere. :)

I don't think Paynter has the record for his county although I'm not sure on that, so I'll go with on the same day.. if I'm wrong I'll just go with the same match :p

Who has the best bowling figures in a test match for a wicket-keeper? Since I don't expect you to know the bowling figures without cheating, he took 4-17 :)

Users who are viewing this thread