Cricket Quiz

Actually it's Greg Blewett in the 94/5 series - I tried to change my original answer but my router died.

Kevin Pietersen had a batting average of 121 after his debut Test which was during an Ashes series, but didn't score a century in either innings. The correct answer is Greg Blewett, who scored 102 not out in the first innings of his debut Test against England at the Adelaide Oval during the 94/95 series. He also scored a century in the very next Test at Perth.

Over to Almost_Austwick I guess.

ZoraxDoom said:
Are you researching? Cause I don't think you are allowed too...
I write cricket (and other sports) quizzes and as such I've a load of useless information stored around my brain. If I have to look up an answer then I won't post it unless it's dragging on for more than 48 hrs.

I knew that it was either Thorpe or Blewett but thought that Blewett had made his debut before Thorpe, however on counting back the series dates I realised that it was the other way round.

As I seemed to have gained the mantle I guess I'll go with the following:

What helped Derek Underwood spin England to victory in 1972 (against Australia)?

Pretty much Matt, the Aussies felt England were up to no good and had prepared a pitch with a fungii on it to suit Underwoods unique brand of leg-spin.

puddleduck said:
Pretty much Matt, the Aussies felt England were up to no good and had prepared a pitch with a fungii on it to suit Underwoods unique brand of leg-spin.
Though you are adding to everton fan's answer I'll give you the win as I was looking for fungii (or fungus) to be somewhere in the answer.

Your turn!

Which wicket keeper has taken the most stumpings in a test match innings, as a secondary question, which keeper has the most in an entire test match?

Tried to make this one a bit easier than some of the one's I've posted :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread